Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

hey i was wondering if anyone is willing to help me install this (since this is my second VN) and i already done this simple steps such as changing the region, adding the patch files but i could never get it to run it always takes me to a blank command prompt in the exe file. if anyone can help that be awesome

If you have problems with patch, use prepatched version from here: http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4488161

just wanna to ask.

Why in this choice, if i choose "Go to Asa" always go back to title screen after Aoi take off the glider? (Sorry if my english is bad >.<)

prob_zps0f474cf7.jpg

Thx b4 :)/>

I think this means BAD END. However I'm not sure. I haven't cleared even a single route yet. (But i'm trying! :D) Could be also a bug.

just wanna to ask.

Why in this choice, if i choose "Go to Asa" always go back to title screen after Aoi take off the glider? (Sorry if my english is bad >.<)

prob_zps0f474cf7.jpg

Thx b4 :)/>

Because you didn't score enough points with any of heroines. Stick with one of them to get into her route or follow walkthrough.

rusanon, have you looked into "sweet love" thingy yet? Basically as I expected it adds new H-sidestory after clearing each route. Dunno about other girls, for Kotori it's about 900 lines of rero-pero ^^

Sounds interesting, I'd like to hear about this as well.

Hmm...

Hotaru says: "nade nade shite, mukashi mitai ni"

Translation: "touch my cheek. like in the old days..."

whaat?? Oo

Okay, then:

Without resisting I placed my hand on Hotaru's face. And just like that, I started to move it gently across her face. Hotaru's eyes closed as if she were in a trance.

My finger became entangled in her hair. So fine and so soft. This is completely different from my thick, rough hair...

whaat?? she has a hair on her cheek??? That's damn scarry! ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

Ok, so I have read through this thread, and I am stuck installing the patch. Whenever I try I get this. I have done clean installs, different directories, the different .bat files floating around on this thread and NOTHING has worked. The furthest I got was when I copied the .zip into the installation and installed it, but even then it threw errors at me and didn't show any CGs. I am running my Windows 8 laptop. I have tried installing in directories without the need for admin, I have tried right clicking admin, pointing it to the install, copy pasting it. EVERYTHING, nothing is working. Please, please help me.

EDIT: Also, yes I use Japanese Locale.

Ok, so I have read through this thread, and I am stuck installing the patch. Whenever I try I get this. I have done clean installs, different directories, the different .bat files floating around on this thread and NOTHING has worked. The furthest I got was when I copied the .zip into the installation and installed it, but even then it threw errors at me and didn't show any CGs. I am running my Windows 8 laptop. I have tried installing in directories without the need for admin, I have tried right clicking admin, pointing it to the install, copy pasting it. EVERYTHING, nothing is working. Please, please help me.

EDIT: Also, yes I use Japanese Locale.

Use prepatched version from here: http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4488161

Thankyou SO much. I figured out what the problem is also, but I can't fix it. All of my folders are set to "read-only" and due to Windows 8 and its Psuedo Admin privileges I can't change it. So the patch can't edit/read the files.

If you play the game straight from your torrent directory, your torrent client sets "read-only" on all seeded files. Try moving it to another folder and unchecking it.

If you use crappy .torrent clients and play the game straight from your torrent directory, your torrent client sets "read-only" on all seeded files. Try moving it to another folder and unchecking it.

FIXED.

However in this case this is not read-only issue but rather UAC issue. He just don't know what he is talking about. Konosora is distributed as a single .exe installer anyway.

FIXED.

However in this case this is not read-only issue but rather UAC issue. He just don't know what he is talking about. Konosora is distributed as a single .exe installer anyway.

Opinions, opinions. Securing currently seeded files against writing is essential, but I guess it's a crappy feature. Enjoy your refused packets.

Other thing, Windows 8 lacks backwards compatibility. I'm running multiple-boot myself for compatibilities' sake (XP, 7 and - for the kicks - Tails) - 7 is main, XP for hopeless cases and Tails when I go out and use hotspots.

Opinions, opinions. Securing currently seeded files against writing is essential, but I guess it's a crappy feature. Enjoy your refused packets.

Securing from what? If you think something may try to write over your game files, which will render them corrupted, you have a way bigger problems and shouldn't really worry about packets.

Other thing, Windows 8 lacks backwards compatibility. I'm running multiple-boot myself for compatibilities' sake (XP, 7 and - for the kicks - Tails) - 7 is main, XP for hopeless cases and Tails when I go out and use hotspots.

This issue is not limited to win8 and have nothing to do with backwards compatibility. This is just end-user fail. People should learn how to use OS they have. Such amount of issues in this thread is just ridiculous.

FIXED.

I do know what I am talking about and no matter what, I can't remove read only, it is a microsoft problem, and it has been since XP. Even with the UAC disabled.

Even going into Command Prompt gives me an error saying I don't have access, I as an administrator on my computer cannot use the Attrib command on Command Prompt, I can probably fix it, but I don't have the time, or the drive, and there was an easier way that was pointed out to me.

Also, what does having it distributed as a single .exe have anything to do with what I was talking about?

I do know what I am talking about and no matter what, I can't remove read only, it is a microsoft problem, and it has been since XP. Even with the UAC disabled.

Even going into Command Prompt gives me an error saying I don't have access, I as an administrator on my computer cannot use the Attrib command on Command Prompt, I can probably fix it, but I don't have the time, or the drive, and there was an easier way that was pointed out to me.

They are not "read only", there is a difference between "read only" and not having write access. If you are real administrator, you shouldn't have an issue like that to begin with. But let's not continue this topic as I'm not going to explain the differences between your user account and administrator.

If you want an easier way: do not install konosora into program files directory (or any other system directory).

Also, what does having it distributed as a single .exe have anything to do with what I was talking about?

Nothing. I said it to validrong, not to you.

They are not "read only", there is a difference between "read only" and not having write access. If you are real administrator, you shouldn't have an issue like that to begin with. But let's not continue this topic as I'm not going to explain the differences between your user account and administrator.

If you want an easier way: do not install konosora into program files directory.

Nothing. I said it to validrong, not to you.

P.S.

I'm a microsoft hater myself, but not wanting to learn how your windows works and blaming microsoft for that, really? No wonder linux is still not popular, people still can't figure put how to deal with such an easy OS as windows and probably never heard of command line.

I have installed it into another directory, and as I said in my first post, none of it worked. There isn't a reason for you to try and jab at someones seemingly obvious ineptitude, get off you high horse and try to help or discuss something. According the the windows explorer, EVERY SINGLE FOLDER ON MY ENTIRE COMPUTER is set as "read-only" Now, that might not matter much, but, as the end user, I SHOULDN'T have to go to my command prompt and execute:

attrib -r +s C:\Program Files (x86)\Test

I should be able to uncheck the little box that says "Read-only" and it should perform the desired action. So that way, people like me who know how to use a computer don't end up wondering why the hell, they can't change a simple setting in the computer, only to find out I only have a Microsoft Pseudo Administrator account. So even when I try the above command all I receive is an:

Error

Access Denied.

So no, sir, it is not my fault. It is microsofts fault, for them to implement a non working construct of software which only seems to make the "End-User" frustrated. When I want an administrator account, I want an ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT, NOT some hacked up account to provide the illusion of control. Contrary to you, I actually like Microsoft, and often find myself in love with many different things that they provide and improve upon (Especially the boot times for Windows 8, Man, load that thing up on an Cherryville SSD and it is Fast as all hell)

Either way, this discussion is leading nowhere, who is your favorite heroine?

Securing from what? If you think something may try to write over your game files, which will render them corrupted, you have a way bigger problems and shouldn't really worry about packets.

For example from the game itself trying to modify its files if you run it straight from dl directory (configs, achievement stats), or antivirus deleting crucial library/executable, because it thinks it's malicious (like Key's REALLIVE iirc). Admittedly one should disable heuristic scan, because it fails when it comes to pirated games, or at least make a whitelist, but my point stands.

Just as AppLocale doesn't always work, compatibility mode isn't perfect either. It may as well be software compatibility issue (not in this case, but for example running Admiral or Tridonis on x64 OS is impossible), or hardware one (non-Steam Spellforce doesn't run on i3/5/7 rig).

Back to proper thread.

Is v2 of IMHHW in works? I left Ageha route for last, because it's supposed to be heavily censored, and v1 only restores a couple of dialogues.

validrong

Oh right. That's true, game can rewrite it's own files and they won't be suitable for seeding. But this is actually the consequence of another issue - making releases with preinstalled VNs, with preinstalled patches is just stupid. But I think it was partially worked around by releasing stuff in archives.

Though if antivirus deletes something, this is nothing more than end-user mistake (or just crappy antivirus if first deletes stuff then asks and can't be configured)

Btw that quote I poster earlier was from Ageha route. I wonder what was the reason for that change? There is nothing to censor there... unless patting the girl on the head is forbidden in the US :D

Edit: also it kills me when they translate one word "mitai" like "but I really want to see it". They could use something like "show it" or "show me"... but 7 words, wtf?

Oh right. That's true, game can rewrite it's own files and they won't be suitable for seeding. But this is actually the consequence of another issue - making releases with preinstalled VNs, with preinstalled patches is just stupid. But I think it was partially worked around by releasing stuff in archives.

I had to really fuck around to get translated Clannad FV to run in 2008, and that was before mininova got neutered (got instructions from there), and if someone would offer me prepatched version, I'd be extatic. Archives have one disadvantage though - one file inside gets fucked, and you have to unpack it, or download the whole thing again instead of just leeching one file.

Though if antivirus deletes something, this is nothing more than end-user mistake (or just crappy antivirus if first deletes stuff then asks and can't be configured)

It's only an issue if heuristic scan is enabled. I have ESET with heuristics off, and it never bothered me.

Btw that quote I poster earlier was from Ageha route. I wonder what was the reason for that change? There is nothing to censor there... unless patting the girl on the head is forbidden in the US :D/>

I'm so waiting for Flight Log translation, if it happens. Ageha is bro, and Hotaru's cute as hell.

Edit: also it kills me when they translate one word "mitai" like "but I really want to see it". They could use something like "show it" or "show me"... but 7 words, wtf?

"Show me" sounds a little too kinky given the game in question. At least to moenovel's staff.