Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

PS: Is there a way to know for sure that you entered a patch correctly, as I read something that folder should become bigger when a patch is installed about 8GB but mine is still 4.5GB .

Well, in your case its obvious that it didn't — our version has this particular error fixed, should be "There's the underwear girl, Kanako,\nwho is with me now." if patch is installed.

Did you actually run bat file?

Well, in your case its obvious that it didn't — our version has this particular error fixed, should be "There's the underwear girl, Kanako,\nwho is with me now." if patch is installed.

Did you actually run bat file?

Yea but I just notice the explanation in the first post about windows 7 thing. I tried editing apply_diffs.bat and it did become bigger but save was still there and when starting the game it crashes after 5-10 min. So I am reinstalling it now.

PS: I edited my post saying that it is my mistake and that I didn't enter patch correctly but you were faster to replay.

If you have troubles with patching, right now its probably simpler to just use prepatched version, http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4488161

No, it works fine after reinstalling, the size is 8GB and this mistake "and" isn't there any more (true my save still works fine even true it is sad that it won't work after patching, but I guess this is not a big deal since this little mistake is fixed so I guess that patch is now inserted correctly). Thanks.

It is to make sure that your program is running smoothly. Usually Windows sets your appearance to Windows Basic to improve performance. Probably because Kono Sora is a tolling VN, it happens a lot too when you run heavy GPU intensive or CPU intensive programs as well.

Actually this is Konosora itself changes your theme and not Windows decides to do so. What for I dunno, but I don't see any good reasons. This is why I made fix that solves this. It should work even for Japanese version without patches at all.

It's worth to point out that the Japanese version must include the missing cgs somewhere in its native state as well as the right gallery size. That means the patch somehow replicates the same issue as in MoeNovel's version. So would it be possible to sniff out the mechanism involved by how the patch is applied to the JP version(which part of it causes it?) and comparing the patched/unpatched JP version, to come up with a solution?

Personally I don't even know what are you talking about. Still havent finished common route, lol ^^

As RusAnon explained and as 1st line in description says, patch completely converts Japanese version to English+restoration. This is pretty obvious even if you look at both folders after patching, as jp patch removes unnecessary files etc.

Sure, Japanese unpatched version should include all CG, what stops you from getting them from there? Regardless of what some patches do, to make at least slight changes to gallery/replays you need do decompile stuff, change it then recompile back. So your best bet is to start with jp unpatched version.

I feel like the whole "AppLocale won't work at all" bit is incorrect. I had been using it for every visual novel I've ever played (this one included), and not even once it bugged on me.

Maybe change it to "it may not work, but give it a try"?

Applocale is a broken piece of old crap, abandoned by miscrosoft something like 10 years ago. You were just lucky or you haven't tried many vn's. Or maybe there were bugs but you didn't noticed. For example cause of applocale font is wrong in some engines. It could be ok, it could break stuff like wordwrap or other cases. Or make text go offscreen, or whatever else. Though if you use XP it probably have less chances to give bugs. Even if it works, who wants to deal with one more potential source of bugs?

Hey there guys, Just here to thank you for the effort put on the development of this patch.

By the way, I think I might have run into some sort of problem:

Could it be that by any chance, the second bath scene (group bath scene)was left un-restored? The CGS presented are censored (C'mon, who uses a towel on the bathtube?).

Or is it a problem on my end?.

Hey there guys, Just here to thank you for the effort put on the development of this patch.

By the way, I think I might have run into some sort of problem:

Could it be that by any chance, the second bath escene (group bath scene)was left un-restored? The CGS presented are censored (C'mon, who uses a towel on the bathtube?).

Or is it a problem on my end?.

You didn't install patch correctly. There should be no towels in any of bath scenes if patch is installed.

You didn't install patch correctly. There should be no towels in any of bath scenes if patch is installed.

Thanks for answering. Will try to patch again (or resort to the pre-patched version)

Edit: Scratch that. I checked again and discovered the problem: I used a un-patched copy of the game (I have a patched and an unpatched copy) though it seems some saves are compatible between patched and un-patched games (depends on the scene; and quicksaves have better chances as well).

I want to say thank you for the Patch, it's very great be able to play the original script of the VN creators.

Recently I've finished all the routes and I have a question regarding these, because I have 2 thumbnails still locked in the 8th page of the gallery. Is normal that?.

In the bgm gallery page 2 there is an empty space after track 26,Is there a track 27?

There is no "Fin" which happens on all other routes, so i'm guessing that this common route is broken, and there might be another H scene in there, and the 2 last CG's and the last BG music unlock. But thats just my hypothesis.

Its not broken, its the way it works in original jp version, since its kind of "normal" end, you don't get any scenes or CG for it.