Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

Hello rusanon, I would like to ask for some help please.  Whenever I try to run the apply_diffs.bat file, it says "the system could not find the file specified."  The problem is, I don't know how to download or move the file outside of a systems folder..please help, and thanks.

Use prepatched version, http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4488161

Does anyone have an estimate for when the second patch will be out?

When Its Done.

Its impossible to predict this kind of thing.

If you are impatient to read it, you can read existing version, its not as bad as some people claim.

For Reference

51sfd.png

I see no mistakes in translation here.

51sfd.png

I see no mistakes in translation here.

I'm not the one who posted this initially, but I'm gonna throw my two cents in anyway...

My Japanese skills are weak, but I believe the lines translated as "I'm sweating....." and "she'll sweat even more" don't explicitly state the subject. In my opinion, those lines make more sense with Aoi being the one sweating rather than Kotori.  I realize it's subject to interpretation, but the line near the end "Don't you feel hot?" wouldn't fit the context if Kotori had already stated that she was sweating.  The "Sorry" line fits a bit better this way as well.

1) 小鳥が俺の背中に、頭を乗せるのを感じた。 I felt Kotori placing her head on my back.

2) よほど恐かったのか、さっきよりぴったりと身体を寄せてくる。 She might have been quite scared, she got much closer to me than before.

3) さすがにちょっと照れるけど、こうしてないと危ない。 I was slightly embarrassed, but it would have been dangerous otherwise.

4) 「汗かいてる……」 You're sweating......

5) 「わりぃ」 Sorry.

6) 「ううん、別にイヤじゃないよ」 No, I don't really mind.

7) そう言って小鳥は、俺の背中に頬をくっつけた。 That said, Kotori pressed her cheek against my back.

8) 「……」 ......

9) 「こうしてる方が安心するから」 I feel calmer like this.

10) 「そうか」 I see.

11) 小鳥がくっついてると、ますます汗をかいてしまうんだが。 Kotori clinging to me, will make me sweat more and more though.

12) かといって離れろとも言えないし…… That said, I couldn't exactly tell her to back off......

13) それに、俺もこうしてるのは嫌じゃなかった。 Besides, it's not that I didn't like it.

14) 「暑くないか?」 Aren't you hot?

15) 「ううん、風が気持ちいいよ」 No, the wind feels good.

15 lines -> 3 mistranslations that twisted the original meaning (lines 4, 11, 13), 1 minor mistranslation (line 6), 3 cases of weird English (line 2, 3, 9) plus some insignificant edits. In other words, almost half of those lines needed some fixes, and 20% were completely wrong (and it probably still needs some editing, I'm not 100% confident in my English).

The overall TL-quality fluctuates a lot - there are better parts, but there are also many significantly worse scripts, with some fragments that don't make any sense whatsoever (mainly those related to aerodynamics/aviation infodumping, but they also managed to completely mess up some perfectly casual conversations). And stiff/awkward/Engrish sentences will make reading this a chore on the long run.

So no, I still claim that the current version is borderline unreadable. Only for fans of machine translations (it IS better than those, hardly an achievement though).

There are many properly translated VNs out there, so I really recommend forgetting about KonoSora for a (long) while.

This is what i did so far:

- system locate is japanese already

- installed the game on my documents

- ran the apply_diffs.bat file and went smoothly. 

- screen resolution is higher than 1280x720

Notes:

-downloaded the game from nyaa(TID=447000)

... and yet i get an error saying "d3dx9_43.dll is missing"

Tried restarting, running as admin.

And yes, i have DirectX11 installed so this shouldn't show up. Anyone knows what to do now?

And yes, i have DirectX11 installed so this shouldn't show up. Anyone knows what to do now?

Install latest directx9 update from june2010. directx11 doesn't replaces previous directx

^edited

Edited by メルP

1) 小鳥が俺の背中に、頭を乗せるのを感じた。 I felt Kotori placing her head on my back.

2) よほど恐かったのか、さっきよりぴったりと身体を寄せてくる。 She might have been quite scared, she got much closer to me than before.

3) さすがにちょっと照れるけど、こうしてないと危ない。 I was slightly embarrassed, but it would have been dangerous otherwise.

4) 「汗かいてる……」 You're sweating......

5) 「わりぃ」 Sorry.

6) 「ううん、別にイヤじゃないよ」 No, I don't really mind.

7) そう言って小鳥は、俺の背中に頬をくっつけた。 That said, Kotori pressed her cheek against my back.

8) 「……」 ......

9) 「こうしてる方が安心するから」 I feel calmer like this.

10) 「そうか」 I see.

11) 小鳥がくっついてると、ますます汗をかいてしまうんだが。 Kotori clinging to me, will make me sweat more and more though.

12) かといって離れろとも言えないし…… That said, I couldn't exactly tell her to back off......

13) それに、俺もこうしてるのは嫌じゃなかった。 Besides, it's not that I didn't like it.

14) 「暑くないか?」 Aren't you hot?

15) 「ううん、風が気持ちいいよ」 No, the wind feels good.

15 lines -> 3 mistranslations that twisted the original meaning (lines 4, 11, 13), 1 minor mistranslation (line 6), 3 cases of weird English (line 2, 3, 9) plus some insignificant edits. In other words, almost half of those lines needed some fixes, and 20% were completely wrong (and it probably still needs some editing, I'm not 100% confident in my English).

The overall TL-quality fluctuates a lot - there are better parts, but there are also many significantly worse scripts, with some fragments that don't make any sense whatsoever (mainly those related to aerodynamics/aviation infodumping, but they also managed to completely mess up some perfectly casual conversations). And stiff/awkward/Engrish sentences will make reading this a chore on the long run.

So no, I still claim that the current version is borderline unreadable. Only for fans of machine translations (it IS better than those, hardly an achievement though).

There are many properly translated VNs out there, so I really recommend forgetting about KonoSora for a (long) while.

As a native (American) English speaker, I'd say that some of your changes are improvements and some are mistakes.  I'll ignore the lines that were "insignificant edits" for the most part, although I'd agree that most of them are slight improvements on the original.

2.  Mistake -- You have a run-on sentence (two independent clauses joined by a comma).  I don't see anything wrong with the original (in terms of English grammar).

3.  First part: Preference -- "A bit" and "slightly" have the same meaning in this context, with "a bit" being much more colloquial.

Second part: Improvement -- The past tense has been consistently used for these internal thoughts.

4.  Improvement

6.  Improvement, assuming the translation is still accurate to the original Japanese.

7.  First part: Mistake -- You used "that said" correctly in line 12, as a conjunction phrase similar to "but".  The original is incorrect too, however.  Here, I'd probably go with "As she said that".

Second part: Improvement -- The original isn't necessarily incorrect, but "against" is a more descriptive and probably more accurate preposition.

9.  Improvement, although I wouldn't say they carry the exact same meaning.  If the original Japanese adjective can be translated as calm, then this is better.

11.  Mistake -- Your change is a run-on sentence.  The original's sentence structure (aside from the subject being translated incorrectly) isn't technically incorrect, but I'd prefer "If Kotori keeps clinging to me, I'll sweat even more."

13.  Improvement, assuming the translation is still accurate to the original Japanese.

As for the overall translation, I'd say that the biggest issues I had with it was with Ageha's route, especially at its start.  I get that Aoi is supposed to be confused at the initial events, but the translation makes it so that I was completely baffled as to what was actually going on.  I'm still not 100% sure I really understand that route.

There are definitely mistakes littered throughout the rest of the script, but like the passage above, the mistakes are not critical to understanding the main meaning of the story.  That said, they can be a bit jarring and diminish the reading experience a bit.  Pabloc is right that there are plenty of properly translated eroge out there (although I still see minor grammatical or typographical mistakes in many of those as well).  The translation work is probably the worst of the ~40 eroge I've played (both professionally and fan translated) and also worse than 99% of the fansubbed anime I've watched.

However, I did get through the other 4 routes without it being too much of a chore and, in terms of story, would call this one of my 5 favorite eroge.  If you're sensitive to language mistakes or if you have other titles on your backlog, I'd probably go with those first.  But, if you're particularly anxious to play through this title and can tolerate some mistakes, I'd try the current version of the patch and see how much the mistakes bother you.  I'd avoid Ageha's route at all costs if you give any consideration to reading comprehension, though.

Oh another question:

Lets say i install the game on my other laptop and apply the patch and so on...Is there a way to move my gameplay from my previous laptop? 

Or will just copypasta the whole folder do the trick?

I'm enjoying this VN so much(second VN to play in my life) but i made a mistake installing it in this old laptop(AMD 3400+ 1.8GHz and 2.50GB RAM....) so it lags very badly on the video parts the game has. 

Thanks again!

Lets say i install the game on my other laptop and apply the patch and so on...Is there a way to move my gameplay from my previous laptop? 

Yes, but saves are in appdata folder somewhere, search for "MoeNovel" directory and copy files to same place after installing/starting up at least once on new pc.

Oh another question:

If you're on Windows 7, you can find your save data here:

"C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\MoeNovel\IF MY HEART HAD WINGS"

@CheeseIsGood

Yup, that's what I meant by "not 100% confident in my English". I'm not a native speaker, so I do tend to make such mistakes (and probably TL too literally sometimes). When I bump into an especially bad fragement, after ~50 lines I can't even tell what is written in proper English anymore.

2 - you're right, I wrote it how it was in JP, with just a comma. Those sentences certainly should be connected with "because". Also, I mistakenly classified it as "werid English", but in fact that was a minor TL correction - the original line pointed out that she was probably quite scared, not just scared. It's a completely insignificant detail, but I'm fixing those too when I spot them, since it's pretty effortless anyway.

7 - thanks for pointing that out. I must be more careful with those, I'm pretty sure I made similar mistakes earlier.

9 - it's literally "relief, piece of mind". "Secure" is a possible interpretation I guess, but "calm" just works better in this context.

11 - yeah, this should look exactly like your version. I'm not a big fan of conditionals. :P

That aside, yes - such mistranslations won't render the whole story incomprehensible. However, this VN didn't have a complex plot to begin with - there wasn't that much to break there. Titles like this are all about characters, their interactions and funny/touching/romantic moments. And those things can (and will) be affected by the translation quite a lot. So while you will understand most of the story, you definitely won't get the full enjoyment.

But yeah, it's entirely up to personal preferences/tolerance. If someone is really bent on reading this VN ASAP, I'm not stopping them. It's their loss.

When I installed the patch, it doesnt seem to work, I believe that I copyed it into the game installation directory, however the bath scenes dont change. Dont know how else to check if it worked. Says Rio.ark.bkp in the files and everything else is there, but the game doenst change, do i need to delete all my saves?