Sharin no Kuni Prefundia page is up

Nosebleed

It's not that crazy.

In another KS I was part of, they had a 10,000$ Tier, that came with a host of rewards, but one of them was being flown out to the developers and being able to throw a pie in their faces.  I think they sold 3 of those. Some rich people with money to burn can be...strange.

Looks like they have temporarily canceled the Kickstarter as they saw it probably wasn't going to happen. Hopefully they will do better on their relaunch. I know some people had a problem with how they handled the kickstarter, and while I didn't (except for one of the updates kinda early which sounded negative) I hope they can address these issues people had. 

• 1 month later...

An email went out to people (maybe backers of the old project?) today saying a few interesting things:

• The recreated Kickstarter will have a lower target.
  • They've finalized some new rewards they'll be adding to the new Kickstarter, including a Vita release and dakimakura covers
  • They're aiming for a mid-September (!) release.

The last one is, of course, both the most interesting and the most surprising. Full post is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tokyootakumode/sharin-no-kuni-a-visual-novel-localization-project/posts/1669829. At any rate, looks like an official Sharin release might be just around the corner.

Edit: As others pointed out below, and as I realized while reading the comments on Twitter, I misread the announcement pretty hard: they're planning on launching the Kickstarter in mid-September, not the game. T_T

22 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

An email went out to people (maybe backers of the old project?) today saying a few interesting things:

• The recreated Kickstarter will have a lower target.
  • They've finalized some new rewards they'll be adding to the new Kickstarter, including a Vita release and dakimakura covers
  • They're aiming for a mid-September (!) release.

The last one is, of course, both the most interesting and the most surprising. Full post is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tokyootakumode/sharin-no-kuni-a-visual-novel-localization-project/posts/1669829. At any rate, looks like an official Sharin release might be just around the corner.

They are relaunching the Kickstarter mid-September, not releasing the game then.

Yeah, the wording is a little ambiguous, because something "launching" is used to mean "releasing the end result", but it seems like " We are putting forth all efforts to ensure that the project will be able to launch in mid-September" literally means launching the project - the Kickstarter - and not releasing the game.

• 1 month later...

Good luck, I guess. I kind of curious if the campaign will be only to funding hard copy like Crono Clock or all of those tiers. If it's for hard copy, then I think the chance to be successful would be very high (Duh).

PS - The subtitle was quite unique imo, but then again compared to past translation for the title maybe this time it'd more refined here (Not that I'd had problem with past translation here though).