Spring 2016 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

2 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

No they didn't, from what i heard, they  skipped the backstory of every character introduced so far, as much as 2 scenes with best gurl.

Didn't we get that already? I very distinctly remember the story of how Ram lost her horn and Rem was being looked down on for dragging down her sister's potential.

Either way, I don't feel that anything's rushed or out of place yet. For that matter, I don't believe in 1:1 adaptions. As long as the anime makes sense and is enjoyable, I don't mind minor alterations to the story. I want the anime to be a rendition of the original, not an adaption. After watching Little Busters failure of an adaption, I've come to accept that being faithful to the source doesn't always result in a better anime.

On 12-6-2016 at 9:50 PM, Jun Inoue said:

What triangle? I hope you don't mean Rem, cuz there hasn't been anything pointing at her falling for Subaru, but rather finally trusting him as a friend and being really grateful.

We (and specially anime producers) tend to forget that there's something called "a trillion different feelings apart from love" in the world. We are too used to epic adventures where people randomly fall in love with each other nonstop. Re:Zero has proved, at least for now, that it's not gonna take the road of trashy anime, where being a decent human being and/or helping makes anything with female genitals fall in love with you. We didn't even see a blush on her face, as long as I remember from today's episode, so I'd be really shocked at the sheer stupidity of the author pulling a love triangle out of his ass.

You are tight, there are a trillion different feelings apart from love.

A great example for this is the relation of Linn Jinto and Lafiel Abriel in banner of the stars, and it makes for a pair of great leads with some of the best character dynamic.
I did however completely forget that anime company's know this as well.
Mostly because we have not had such a relation ship in a very long time and I have indeed gotten to used to seeing people randomly fall in love with each other. 

Last episode did indeed do great work setting up the next arc.
It felt a bit rushed to me, but that is because i have been keeping up with the manga. (yeah i did not have the patience)
But it never skipped anything that really mattered, nor did it make any drastic changes.

P.S sorry for the late response was dealing with some serious stress from my bachelors thesis and the final presentation.

4 hours ago, havoc said:

You are tight, there are a trillion different feelings apart from love.

A great example for this is the relation of Linn Jinto and Lafiel Abriel in banner of the stars, and it makes for a pair of great leads with some of the best character dynamic.
I did however completely forget that anime company's know this as well.
Mostly because we have not had such a relation ship in a very long time and I have indeed gotten to used to seeing people randomly fall in love with each other.

P.S sorry for the late response was dealing with some serious stress from my bachelors thesis and the final presentation.

I... I am tight!? :pyaa:

But, yeah, who can blame us for forgetting that once in a blue moon anime studios can make characters that feel almost human :makina:

2 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

But, yeah, who can blame us for forgetting that once in a blue moon anime studios can make characters that feel almost human :makina:

apparently there is something wrong with my keyboard............. or just my head.... or my hand eye coordination..... or all three.:vinty:

And yeah it has become very rare for characters to feel almost human, kind of sad because series with good characters tend to be very good even if the rest is only mediocre.

7 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

4 hours ago, havoc said:

apparently there is something wrong with my keyboard............. or just my head.... or my hand eye coordination..... or all three.:vinty:

I ship. :illya:

Yeah, this is the kind of thing I'd expect from a studio like White Fox. One way or another, they've been able to surprise me with some of their anime. This time around, it's the characters that are doing it for me. Not to say I didn't think the characters in S;G weren't great, but it's for entirely different reasons that I'm surprised by the ones in Re:Zero. They're surprisingly easy to connect with, and the emotional impact of the story so far has done much to reinforce that. Rem is an angel, the protagonist has been steadily growing on me, and while I'm still not entirely fond of everybody else yet, the rest of the cast has been very agreeable. And between my love for the fantasy genre and general dissatisfaction with how it's been handled in anime, it's refreshing to see something that does some justice to it for once. Especially for a newer anime.

On 21/6/2016 at 1:57 AM, Ceris said:

Somehow missed this despite posting right below it. I think pretty much everyone here is going to try out the Rewrite anime (at least, those who've read the VN). I've got extremely low expectations, to the point where I'm assuming it's going to be shit. The studio sucks, the artwork in the PVs is shit, it's anime original arc (hopefully the writers manage to make a good story), it's also assumed to be 1cour. 

Despite all this, I 100% loved Rewrite, if it got a perfect adaption (which no way in hell it is now), it'd claim my #1 favorite anime of all time without contest.

I'll probably bash it to death and back. I'm not even fond of the Rewrite VN, I just find this anime is potentially interesting. However with the terrible precedent of Charlotte (but that was 100% original material) I'm going with zero expectations. I'll drop it without looking back if it turns to be terrible.

Kiznaiver gets an 8/10 with me. Not so great in ending and first few episodes but the middle episodes still shines amazingly. Stellar character development moments with the not so stellar story overall. Animation wise it's great as it is consistent throughout in quality, soundtrack has its amazing moments too.

One more week to Summer season!

Kabaneri 11 - Well this went places. Going super saiyan means it has gone off the rails.

Marcross - Totally fine but it is losing me with how boring it is. I like the ending because that means it is over and this song plays. 

The amount of plot, Aka no plot at all, is the same regardless Hero academia or Kabaneri.

But, the problem is, when you get the Code Geass Writer, the animation team behind shingeki no kyojin and one of the best music composer ever, you expect more than a pointless action anime.

...My biggest mistake, i think, it forbid me from liking Kabaneri, when the fights were all great and damn godly animated, i just can't stand up at how much of a wasted material it is, it could've been soo much more than a pointless action anime, soo much more. 

4 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

The amount of plot, Aka no plot at all, is the same regardless Hero academia or Kabaneri.

But, the problem is, when you get the Code Geass Writer, the animation team behind shingeki no kyojin and one of the best music composer ever, you expect more than a pointless action anime.

...My biggest mistake, i think, it forbid me from liking Kabaneri, when the fights were all great and damn godly animated, i just can't stand up at how much of a wasted material it is, it could've been soo much more than a pointless action anime, soo much more. 

*sigh* Well it's how the anime industry work nowadays. Original anime tend to suck, a HECK TON of sucks. Even if those anime have crazy star directors and writers (looking at you Aldnoah, Charlotte, Guilty Crown). Adaptations are usually better considering it's usually based on something already popular and approved to they eye of the public. I mean I actually kind of saw it coming for Kabaneri. Even though the first few episodes were good, I know better to not raise any expectations considering that it is an original anime.

51 minutes ago, Jibril said:

*sigh* Well it's how the anime industry work nowadays. Original anime tend to suck, a HECK TON of sucks. Even if those anime have crazy star directors and writers (looking at you Aldnoah, Charlotte, Guilty Crown). Adaptations are usually better considering it's usually based on something already popular and approved to they eye of the public. I mean I actually kind of saw it coming for Kabaneri. Even though the first few episodes were good, I know better to not raise any expectations considering that it is an original anime.

>original anime

Stating adaptations are any better.

Protip: they aren't. Popularity instant success.

1 minute ago, Narcosis said:

>original anime

Stating adaptations are any better.

Protip: they aren't. Popularity instant success.

Actually they are. Why? Well that's because most anime are adaptations nowadays so it's easier for a golden gem to pop out. Original anime are rare and when they do show up they're putrid shit so the golden gem for original tends to take a way while longer. Conclusion: More anime in original could be good but no anime studio would even dare to take the risk.

I believe that's the first time I've seen an MC breaks down from something so trivial, but at the same time realistic given his age and what he's gone through. Re Zero is truly a sadistic anime in the psychological level.....

Wouldn't be surprised if he kills himself to just start over at that part. I know I would if I mess up the relationship that badly...

39 minutes ago, Jibril said:

I believe that's the first time I've seen an MC breaks down from something so trivial, but at the same time realistic given his age and what he's gone through. Re Zero is truly a sadistic anime in the psychological level.....

Reveal hidden contents

Wouldn't be surprised if he kills himself to just start over at that part. I know I would if I mess up the relationship that badly...

Spoiler

Bro, do you even Okabe Rintarou?

14 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Bro, do you even Okabe Rintarou?

But Okabe Rintarou breaks down because of, like I don't know, SAVING THE WORLD. Subaru's breakdown is just.... him being pathetic... Heck after Rem and Ram arc basically there's 0 reason for him to help Emilia.... other than his own desires. 

I'm so fucking happy that Subaru has got what he deserved. He had been acting these past couple of episodes like a classic conceited, self-centred main character of a fantasy novel, and he's been punished by it, in a way that common sense cannot deny.
I'm really happy that Re:Zero went the full mile and smacked the shit out of him, instead of going with a "Subaru, I'm so so angry~~~~~~" and then they make up in the same scene. He doesn't even understand that he cannot act like he's some sort of chosen one, doing whatever he feels like, and expect everyone to smirk and go "oh, you~"

This episode has made Re:Zero land a solid 9/10, for now.

37 minutes ago, Jibril said:

Reveal hidden contents

But Okabe Rintarou breaks down because of, like I don't know, SAVING THE WORLD. Subaru's breakdown is just.... him being pathetic... Heck after Rem and Ram arc basically there's 0 reason for him to help Emilia.... other than his own desires. 

Spoiler

Nah, Okabe didn't save the world, he escaped a worse fate, nothing tells you the world is saved, reread the VN plz. :makina:

OK EPIsode 13 of Re;Zero, i'm going to sell my body from now on!! 

Btw, just gonna add that I hope they realise what a great chance for development they have in their hands, with Re:Zero's 13th episode. Subaru realised quite early on that this is no fantasy story, where he'll be the very best and everything will go his way automatically. But the latest episodes had slowly made him think he might actually be a classic fantasy protagonist, and this episode smacked him down really hard due to it.

Subaru has a great chance to learn of this experience. Because, if they just make him reset the timeline and change a bit how he acts (or make up with Emilia through no effort), it'll drop the show's quality quite a bit, due to a really retarded way to waste a great set-up. They still have around 12 episodes left of show, they should be able to fit some character development, and then go on with the story.