Syphethia's Discoveries [Otome l Fantasy]

SyphyChan

PLOT

Once upon a time, in a fairytale land, a beautiful ethereal being watched over the living beings that inhabited this realm. Some referred to her as a goddess, others as mother nature. One thing was certain about this being; she cared for and nurtured this world. The creatures that had the most potential for greatness were the elves. They were elegant, tall, blonde, magical, and intelligent. She saw these beings that lived docile lives of blandness. It hurt her to see such wonderful creature neglecting their full potential. She wanted to add some diversity to help them. She borrowed the essence of six other species and spread them through the elves to create the six elemental races of elves. Simply put, light, dark, earth, air, water, and fire. It worked for a short time until disagreement turned into argument, and argument turned into fighting. Prejudice spread and the ethereal being cried for her children. To rectify her mistake, she split her soul, she took a piece of it and created an infant with the essence of light and dark. And then she split her heart to create a charm to watch over the child and sent the beacon of hope down to her people. The stress of this act of love put her into a deep slumber. The elves rejoiced at the blessing and welcomed each other’s differences until a prophecy spoke of salvation or destruction, caused by this mixed child.

CHARACTERS

MAIN CHARACTER

Syphethia

She is the main character and is a light elf. She is very kind and caring but can be misunderstood and when angered, she can be quite explosive. She is quite quirky as well and tends to be very different from other light elves. She is rambunctious, rebellious, free spirited, and very curious. Not exactly what you would expect from a perfect princess

BACHELORS

Kita

He is a light elf and the princess's fiance. He is very strange and is always disappearing after receiving a mysterious call. He doesn't seem very nice and is incredible smug. He seems to have some sort of disdain for the princess but always tries to hide it behind a fake smile. He smiles often but it never seems to be authentic. He is shrouded in mystery.

Korra

He is a waiter at one of the light elf restaurants. He is very kind and social and seems to always be there when this princess is in a bind. His signature facial expression is his big cheesy smile. He has a big secret though. Which would explain his unusual appearance. He also seems to genuinely care for the princess and loves her quirks. He loves having fun and can sometimes be a bit if a flirt.

5e45ca95-7200-4662-8991-a084cb7f6c9b_zps

Darc

He is a dark elf who is fierce and strong. He may sound rude through his voice and actions but he really is a caring person deep down. Not that he'll ever admit to it. He is a bi r of a tsundere lol. His tongue is sharp but his touch is always gentle. There seems to be a strange connection between him and the princess. He also can not leave someone in trouble. He will complain about it but can't stop himself from helping.

Fira

He is a hot headed fire elf. He is always full of energy and any little comment could set him off but he would never leave a friend behind or let them get hurt. His emotions are very big in every direction. He feels things a lot more than others. Sadness, anger, joy. All of them go to the extreme. But so does his passion for the people he cares about. Loud and wild, he can be quite a handful.

Tessa

He is a calm and calculating water elf. He is mature and tends to correct people which makes him seem smug and arrogant which was never his real intention. In actuality he is very caring, just misunderstood for the way he shows it. He has a hard time expressing his feelings or anything else that doesn't involve logic. He tends to say the wrong things often and it comes off in a way he didn't intend it to. He is very good at hiding his emotions as well.

Nova

He is a free spirited air elf. He is quite eccentric and a bit air headed. Its always hard to understand what he's thinking. He is also extremely shy and easily embarrassed. He is very quite but seems to have a very active mind. Always lost in thought. Though seemingly shy and docile, he is very dependable when it comes down to the important issues. He may prefer peace but will protect those he cares for with his life.

EXTRAS

Queen Alura

She is Syphethia's mother, The queen. She is a quiet and submissive woman. She seems to always be worried about something but will not express her worries. She is always kind and gentle to Syphethia though.

King Varin

He is Syphethia's Father, the king. He is a dominant, commanding man. He is very controlling and aggressive. He is very secretive and doesn't stand for being disobeyed. Hardly seems to genuinely care for the princess.

Dina

She is the sister of Darc who is even more violent than her brother. She is flirtatious and has a fiery attitude but still love her brother dearly whether she shows it or not. Though she is violent, she doesn't get angry often. Her violence is how she has fun. She jokes around a lot and can be very sexual at times. Her favorite pass time is teasing her brother.

Tierra

She is a cute and adorable young girl. She is a half breed mixed with a air elf and a water elf. she is a little ball of energy and loves to have fun. She also cares very deeply about the people she comes to trust.

CREDIT

WRITER: SyphyChan

PROGRAMMER: Dren

SPRITES: Harusea

GUI: LadyOfGatsby

CGs: Nashioki

LOGO & BANNER: Teagirlvn

BG ARTIST: Teagirlvn

EDITOR: Paul Milligan

Progress

STORY

Prologue: rough draft 50%, script 0%

Common route: rough draft 0%, script 0%

Darc's route: rough draft 0%, script 0%

Kita's route: rough draft 0%, script 0%

Korra's route: rough draft 0%, script 0%

Nova's route: rough draft 0%, script 0%

Tessa's route: rough draft 0%, script 0%

Fira's route: rough draft 0%, script 0%

Dina's friend route: rough draft 0%, script 0%

Tierra's friend route: rough draft 0%, script 0%

Epilogues: rough draft 0%, script 0%

GUI

Logo and Banner: 100%

Title screen: 0%

Preferences screen: 0%

Save/load screen: 100%

Dialogue and name box: 100%

Quick menu: 100%

Choice menu: 100%

CG Gallery: 0%

Music Gallery: 0%

Endings Gallery: 0%

Elvish Dictionary: 0%

SPRITES

Syphethia: Expressions 100%, hair 100%, clothes 100%

Darc: Expressions 0%, hair 100%, clothes 100%

Kita: Expressions 0%, hair 0%, clothes 0%

Korra: Expressions 0%, hair 0%, clothes 0%

Nova: Expressions 0%, hair 0%, clothes 0%

Tessa: Expressions 0%, hair 0%, clothes 0%

Fira: Expressions 0%, hair 0%, clothes 0%

Dina: Expressions 0%, hair 0%, clothes 0%

Tierra: Expressions 0%, hair 0%, clothes 0%

King Varin: Expressions 0%, hair 0%, clothes 0%

Queen Alura: Expressions 0%, hair 0%, clothes 0%

Backgrounds: 0%

Music/Sounds: 0%

CGs: 0%

Animations: 0%

Trailer: 0%

Side note 

If you would like to like the games facebook page the link is here

https://m.facebook.com/syphethiasdiscoveries/

Edited by SyphyChan
progress

I saw the words 'Elvish dictionary' and the Tolkien lover squealed in me squealed ever so slightly. That's unbelievably cool. Are you making the alphabet and language yourselves, or will it be adapted from Quenya?

Oh yeah, and the art looks really, really good. Colour me interested on this one.

55 minutes ago, AaronIsCrunchy said:

I saw the words 'Elvish dictionary' and the Tolkien lover squealed in me squealed ever so slightly. That's unbelievably cool. Are you making the alphabet and language yourselves, or will it be adapted from Quenya?

Oh yeah, and the art looks really, really good. Colour me interested on this one.

Haha thank you, i was originally going to adapt it from Quenya but I got frustrated with that and decided on just creating my own lol. So that is what i'm going to do :)

And thanka to everyone else whos said nice things lol

1 minute ago, AaronIsCrunchy said:

If this is written as good as it looks, it's going to be amazing! The background art is absolutely stunning. Dat lorum ipsum tho :sachi: 

Haha thank you! Those will not be the real words in the game. My game designer is forein lol xD and I hope the writing aspect will be up to par with your expectations. My storyline, I feel, is amazing and original, but that's just my opinion lol. But I do have someone who works for an actual visual novel production company and does translation, proofreading, and editing so he will be doing the proofreading and editing, which means that it will at least have proper grammar and spelling lol.