PSA: Avatar Change, has an Eternal fallen?

Zalor

Am I still and Eternal?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should my status as an Eternal remain or not?

• Yes: You merely updated to adapt to the changing times
    • No: Any change of any sort voids the status of an Eternal

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't know when this happened, but at some point the the aspect:ratio of avatars subtly changed on Fuwa. Which wouldn't effect most people, but for my (previous) 16-bit avatar, it zoomed it. Which made the pixels even more pronounced, which is not good for 16 bit art. However, I managed to find an image (somewhere) of a completely revamped version of the same exact picture. Not only is it the same character, but he is in the same exact position as well, just in higher picture quality. 

In Eclipsed's blog post: Avatar: The Last Fuwabender, it says, "Eternals are the most powerful class of avatar users. Their very existence is so great, that if one were to ever somehow undergo an avatar change, the resulting shockwave can very well destroy the forums (an example being the fateful Taypocalypse of '14)." Some may argue that this past Fuwapocalypse was simply the site predicting beforehand of this massive disruption, and trying to revert back in time (by losing data) to prevent it. But I argue, that my Eternal status still stands. I merely adapted to the times to look more aesthetically pleasing to people who have to see my avatar on forum posts. I changed, out of consideration for other Fuwan users. I am the modern equivalent of who I always was. But I decided, I would allow the Fuwa community to decide. So that is what this poll is about. Am I still an Eternal, or this site doomed to destruction with my fall? While casting your vote, please remember to have mercy. Voting ends a week from today, which will be Saturday the 16th at 4:00 EST.  

To give some reference, here is a before after of my avatars.

Before:

Eltshan%20forum%20pic.png

After:

Eltshan%20mug%20revamp.png

I chuckled upon seeing "Eternal" being used in your thread title, glad my blog post was significant in some way ^_^ X000 threads are fun.

I guess we can have two types of Eternals: an 'Absolute Eternal' where you have the same exact avatar since the beginning of time, and a 'Pure Eternal' where you can change your avatar to different versions but keeping the core identity/persona

You lose Eternal status and can at best be a Loyalist the moment you break the bond and change your avatar to a different persona entirely, even if for a brief moment, as in the case of Tiago

Speaking of Tiago, he's the next clue.

22 hours ago, Abyssal Monkey said:

Just wait, in 4 years I will change mine and the website will break.  It's nearing 9 months right now. (holy shit, it's really been that long since I joined).

Meh, I'm more wondering about where you found it.  Did someone redo all the sprites for the old FE games? If so, I need them.  My body is yearning to know.

Lol, I actually thought you've been with us longer than that. I used the same avatar for basically 2 years and 9 months, so we will see how long it takes you until you change/update ;P

I found it when I googled for some images of Eltshan from FE 4, but as far as I can tell they only redid his mug (lucky me!). The image was part of this Fire Emblem 4 Tumblr blog. There are other gems in there.