THEY SAID IT WASN'T POSSIBLE [Smash 4 spoilers]

Mugi

I still can't believe there can be spoilers for a game with no story...

Anyway, back on topic, we should've seen this coming. I mean it's fricking Cloud from FF 7, the game pretty much everyone loves.

Yeah, there's no story, but i'm sure there are people who haven't watched the direct yet who might want to be surprised. But I didn't see this coming at all, since everyone was expecting the Fighter Ballot choices. 

I don't want to be a wet blanket but why Cloud?

FF7 was not released on the Nintendo consoles. The only excuse that I can find was that he starred in the Kingdom Hearts series. Other than that there shouldn't be any reason to put him in the game.

I'm not disappointed or anything but I just can't find the reason for it.

Edited by jetpack003

FF7 was not released on the Nintendo consoles. The only excuse that I can find was that he starred in the Kingdom Hearts series. Other than that there shouldn't be any reason to put him in the game.

Hype. Hype is the reason.

Hype. Hype is the reason.

Yep, pretty much this. Also, Daddy Sakurai is a god, anything can happen.

Zero said that he was able to play Cloud and that he may very well be the new #1. I could find the exact tweet if anyone wanted.

I'm not too surprised, he looked extremely good. I just want to know how his limit break system works. Actually, i'd be surprised if he wasn't OP as all hell, you don't put Cloud in smash and make him crap 

Zero said that he was able to play Cloud and that he may very well be the new #1. I could find the exact tweet if anyone wanted.

I'm not too surprised, he looked extremely good. I just want to know how his limit break system works. Actually, i'd be surprised if he wasn't OP as all hell, you don't put Cloud in smash and make him crap 

PM me your Wii U friend code? I may not be on much anymore but for future reference <3 

PM me your Wii U friend code? I may not be on much anymore but for future reference <3 

I still don't have smash, but sure i'll give it to you, one sec :sachi: 

It's not entirely out of place. Square Enix isn't particularly exclusive to any one company and they have released some stuff for Nintendo consoles in the past. In a couple months, SE will be releasing an FF title for the 3DS (Source: http://na.square-enix.com/us/games/final-fantasy-explorers). I'm not sure if that date is for American release or whether or not it's already out in Japan, but that's beside the point anyways. :P

But hey, I'm hyped. Not so much for Cloud, but for the possibility of Zach or Sephiroth being added to the game.

Edited by Kenshin_sama

• 2 weeks later...