What's going on with Seinarukana - The Spirit of Eternity Sword 2?

Mkilbride

I just received an email as well from PCR distributing. Considering I have nothing else from J-list/JAST right now I think it is quite likely that this is Seinarukana and we will be getting an update on the website later today to let people know packages are being sent. It would be about when we should have expected considering it went golden master on March 16th and they just gave an update about them being printed on April 16th. One month later is in line with typical golden masters. I should be receiving mine in 1-3 days so guess I'll know by the end of this week.

Oh fuck me. What a mistake by me. Apparently I have ordered 2 games. Let's see if I can somehow cancel one of them or I got two copies of the game. 

Adding some more information. I haven't got an email yet but I live in Europe. Probably different and easier shipping internally if you two are from the US.

Just to update I also got an email from J-list and checked my account. The game does indeed say it was shipped when checking status of the order. So yep Seinarukana is starting to ship (in NA) still a bit weird that there is no notification on the website/twitter yet. 

So I just got a shipping notification for the physical edition of Seinarukana via JList out of nowhere. Steam page isn't even up yet so I guess the included Steam key will be a "future key" or something. Talk about lack of fanfare.

Anyone else have their copy ship? I've been waiting for this game for years so I guess I'm more than a little excited.

Looks like someone else already beat me to mentioning it, but I did get an email from Jlist telling me that they did actually ship Seinarukana.  It's not just notice that they're preparing shipping or anything either, the tracking number's gone live and the package is in transit.

20 minutes ago, Yakumo said:

Looks like someone else already beat me to mentioning it, but I did get an email from Jlist telling me that they did actually ship Seinarukana.  It's not just notice that they're preparing shipping or anything either, the tracking number's gone live and the package is in transit.

That's more than me. I haven't got a mail yet. But I am really glad at least something is happening. The optimistic me thought the game would've been released during Autumn/Christmas a month or two after Shiny Days. 

1 hour ago, Yakumo said:

I too thought it may have just been a preparation notice, but the USPS has it now. No tweet, no annoucement, no tumbl, nuttin'. And here their feed lit up like an xxxmas tree recently (guess the admin's elbow fell off the desk he/she was napping on or something) but still nuttin'. Oh well. I'm thrilled as long as the game works and the quality isn't shite.

Peter Payne just mentioned the following in his J-List news letter. The website for JAST also now says "shipping now" instead of "pre-order now". Very subtle. 

We've got some great news for lovers of unique games from Japan: after many years of development, Seinarukana - The Spirit of Eternity Sword 2 is in stock and shipping now!

If you go to the product page on J-list it also says this:

This packaged version of Seinarukana includes a Steam card that will be used to gain access to the future Steam version of Seinarukana. The Steam version will have 18+ content removed, but will include extra content that wasn't in the original Japanese PC release. This Steam version will be available Fall 2016.

My status for my shipment also essentially says that it has arrived at the post office nearby and that it is out for delivery. So yep confirmed. Let's hope it's a good version with few to no bugs and a proper translation. It seems likely that aselia will come to steam before seinarukana as well.

I just received my copy. It comes with a nice little poster, a game manual, and a steam code for the game usable whenever along with the disc and package. I'm surprised it actually arrived within the time stated. I'm currently in the process of installing it. Here's hoping it has no issues.

For my last post on this thread (Maybe not, and we already had Seinarukana discussion thread by Decay, so if some of you want to discuss Seinarukana just write in Decay's thread here), I'll try to answer wyldstrykr question.

1. I think actually you didn't need worry too much in regard of that, because according to Decay Seinarukana story was unrelated to the first game.

2. Not, but if you really insist to play Eien no Aselia, play Aselia route because it was canon.

Although I would suggest that you better just jump to Seinarukana directly, I think Eien no Aselia was also the good game so I think there's no reason to not play both Seinarukana and Eien no Aselia.

To kryt, interesting info although at that time some people was already satisfied with uncensored Seinarukana though. Although the extra content maybe should made some people reconsider to get Steam version there.

Hurrah. Release time.  Time to wait for it to be "Available"  Had no luck so far. Also yeah, the first one is a great game. I recommend doing it first. I did multiple playthroughs, due to how fun the combat was, and the multiple routes.   The reason I recommend it is first is, well, the sequel "may" have  improvements and things that make the game better and easier, and it'd be harder to go back to the old one after that.

I think I will wait a bit with ordering it until it's confirmed that the title isn't a buggy mess again. It's a gameplay title so the porting is more risky than usual.

In principal they should have had enough time with like 5 - 10 years to fix everything up. But who knows, it's Jast.

3 hours ago, SilverLi said:

Alright. I may be a bit obsessed at the moment. My shipping tracking isn't updated since Friday morning (departed from LA). It should be somewhere in Europe but I don't know. I've longed for this game way too long now. 

The tracking will be updated only if you chose Priority Mail(44-47$). If you chose a First-Class shipping, the tracking won't be updated anymore.

So I'm playing this...

But it's weird. Maybe I don't remember the first game well enough, but I absolutely hate the combat in this. At least the controls make it an absolute pain, and no AA option in game? There's more jaggies than actual polygons. The first one didn't have this issue...

Also, I have to save every fight, the combat system seems so much more difficult. It used to be just matching colors and skills, but now it seems character dependent as well, it's really frustrating me.

The combat system is more developed in this game.  It's less cookie cutter and more strategic, with more factors to consider and multiple ways to handle different setups.  The first few missions will give you trouble if you don't know what you're doing, but it's overall a significant improvement of the basic formula laid out in Aselia the Eternal.

I'm 10 hours in, at the part with the Elementals, I have to save every fight. The shit does not make sense, and I hate that it's not Cookie Cutter. I liked the first, because it added something to do besides reading in a VN, just side-game, this is too much. I don't understand. I have a Banish Skill. Ice Banish. The enemy has a skill, Firebolt. For some reason, I don't fucking Banish it, and I have to swap every god damned character around until it works.

Seriously thinking of cheating.

11 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

I'm 10 hours in, at the part with the Elementals, I have to save every fight. The shit does not make sense, and I hate that it's not Cookie Cutter. I liked the first, because it added something to do besides reading in a VN, just side-game, this is too much. I don't understand. I have a Banish Skill. Ice Banish. The enemy has a skill, Firebolt. For some reason, I don't fucking Banish it, and I have to swap every god damned character around until it works.

Seriously thinking of cheating.

You just don't understand the system.  To banish an enemy skill, the following conditions have to be met:

1. A character with the Banish skill has to be arranged as Supporter
  2. The skill must be banishable (a support skill without the anti-banish attribute)
  3. The skill to be banished must be within the level range of the Banish skill (the starting skill only banishes skills up to LV3 or so)
  4. The supporter must have sufficient combat mana and at least 1 skill usage remaining

I understand it completely. It doesn't stop it from Bullshit. I'm at the boss of the Elementals world right now, and he's total horseshit. I have Banish skills in support, but he has this attack that does 1000 damage, can't be banished, no matter what skill you use.

On the Magic World, and this explemplifies the worst of the combat system.Hydra is total bullshit, and there is no explanation about skills, about how Alpha skills literally have no affect, or how your Banish skill is cast the PREVIOUS TURN, so you have to -guess- when the boss is going to use Hdyra, and he fucking uses it randomly, sometimes 1/10 turns, other times 5/10 turns, it's hard to guess without having your entire fucking party die. HOLY SHIT.

I keep getting him down to like 25%, then he just casts Hydra non-stop and I can't keep up.