Otakon2015 Announcements & Discussion

kyrt

For my personal opinion, if a deal with Chuablesoft does happen, I hope it's not for their upcoming game, mainly because I don't dig the art. I actually really like the art in a lot of their titles but their new game's art seems a bit worse, in my initial impressions of their pre-release marketing materials. Their most notable game is perhaps Astraythem, which has been on my wishlist of titles to be translated for a while now.

Their most highly regarded game seems to be Ano Harewataru Sora yori Takaku, though Astraythem seems to come in second.

I agree with Conjueror.

As I wrote on reddit, this game have 85/100 on EGS and was placed high in 2014 Getchu Rankings (3rd Overall/2nd Scenario/3rd Movie categories)

I don't think SP will take the offer though... With almost(if not all?) their titles having all-ages PSV/PC versions and being released on Steam, such a heavy 18+ content partner wouldn't be appropriate for them. Maybe they will do it through DenpaSoft, but I don't think so... And there's also what would Chuablesoft demand/want to release first, and costs. The good thing is of course that the president himself responded on twitter that they're interested in english releases. I'm slowly starting to hate SP for "all-ages or nothing policy"

thing is they are interested in 18+ titles, but mostly only when there´s also an all ages version available to be put on steam for maximizing future profit, exeptions are until now only those doujin eroges who i believe werent that pricy to license. so yeah i dont see them going at full throttle at 18+ content only, cause there´re tons of other titles available which fulfill the aforementioned criteria, where they wont pass on xtra money for fappness sake

If SP would get a deal , I am sure it will be on Kickstarter (all ages -.-) <_<

Jast needs so damn much time to release a game :/ :wacko:

And MG has a huuuuuuuuge backlog of titles now. :huh:

But I would like to see MG pick it up or Jast ,if they finally start to release games faster

I agree with Conjueror.

As I wrote on reddit, this game have 85/100 on EGS and was placed high in 2014 Getchu Rankings (3rd Overall/2nd Scenario/3rd Movie categories)

I don't think SP will take the offer though... With almost(if not all?) their titles having all-ages PSV/PC versions and being released on Steam, such a heavy 18+ content partner wouldn't be appropriate for them. Maybe they will do it through DenpaSoft, but I don't think so... And there's also what would Chuablesoft demand/want to release first, and costs. The good thing is of course that the president himself responded on twitter that they're interested in english releases. I'm slowly starting to hate SP for "all-ages or nothing policy"

SP does have two adult-only projects lined up with no steam release planned, those being Sacrament Sheep and Atom Grrrl. But these are also shorter doujin titles, and also Yuri

That's what I'm talking about, two SHORT/UNKNOWN(probably pretty cheap license, they'll make profit from this) and yuri(meh) Visual Novels instead of bringing us normal 18+ titles. I also have bad feeling with SP entering manga industry... I think dovac should do something like splitting teams 50/50 to work on SP and Denpa simultaneously, and not only on SP all-ages VNs and speaking in the shadows that Denpa will bring 18+(maybe?) From what I've read on SP froum, dovac want to focus on SP though... Every 18+ only title would need to go through Denpa and: https://twitter.com/Denpasoft_pr https://denpasoft.com/(Pretty much dead website, and almost dead twitter) Yeah, forgot, they'll be releasing Grisaia on Denpa this week. I'll be pretty amazed(and happy) if there'll be any good 18+ only titles coming from Denpa(and I don't mean short yuris) But it won't be anytime soon. First SP would need way better PR and more staff to handle Denpa+SP itself.

There's no comparision between MG and SP websites. This looks really cool: http://mangagamer.org/announcements/

I know MG is way longer on the market, but SP SHOULD take example from them, and invest some money/time in PR/websites/Denpa, it will be worth...

According to dovac on the SP forum, they're working on a site redesign for both their SP page and Denpasoft. He also said that since more titles are coming out on Denpasoft now more staff will be moved toward it.

I think people underestimate just how young Sekai Project is as a company. They're still looking for partners so they can set up their own store, for example. (Probably why they're more willing to put stuff on Steam.)

. @Rettroix Thank you for your replies. I'm interested in those events, so I'll check the schedules and try to go. :)

It seem like that the president of ChuableSoft is interested in going to one the bigger events to meet the 3 Big VN Publisher in the West.

Well, some days ago he even tweeted to Sekai to ask about "how do you say "oppai" in your language" :lol: