Otakon2015 Announcements & Discussion

kyrt

Honestly I'm torn, I'm a huge Minori fan after reading through EF, ....But Propeller....hnnng....

Though honestly, think my vote will go with Yuri ghosts as well - we need a good official yuri that isn't a total nukige. (solely basing off vndbs' description, i could be way off)

EDIT: changed my mind, gotta vote Tokyo babel - I can't betray the company that created Suzu. :sachi:

Plus honestly, I can't even begin to count how many times I wished MG, or ANYONE really, would take on a long and serious Chuuni title. (that wasn't already Fan TL'd -  sorry Grisaia)

"TB was written by the same guy as Ayakashibito. If you liked one you'll probably like the other (action chuuni stuff)."

-Conjueror on Twitter

Ok, before I start nerding out hardcore, I should go play something and keep my mind off of things for at least a year : P

Sweet! Tokyo Babel! I had my eye on this title a while back. Interesting to see it is coming over.

I love chuuni, and I have quite a few friends who I feel would like it as well, so an all-ages title like this might just be the perfect thing to bring them in with.

a liar-soft title and 2 PROPELLER TITLES.

Tbh this is so much better than I could hope for <3 yaay *satisfied*

I guess Asairo was indeed far too good to be true huh... oh well  :(

and I think it will be forever sadly, them kanji puns will forever hold asairo back from being translated

Ultimately I will probably end up reading everything announced at MangaGamer's Otakon panel, which is more than I can say about AX. I will probably play Haruka for only an hour for curiosity's sake, I will probably read the fan-made Umineko PS3-to-PC port and not MG's version (I'm sure they're not happy to hear that), and I won't even touch the sonohana game. Himawari is the most interesting title of the two conventions, but at least everything at Otakon at least seems readable.

As for what Propeller games it could be going by that hint (haven't played these so I'm just guessing based on looks and summary):

Tokyo Babel:

https://vndb.org/v9205

Holy crap I actually guessed right for once!!! :o:michiru::bow:

Edit: Speaking of which, Tokyo Babel's story premise is giving me some Shin Megami Tensei vibes, to any who have played it: is the story anything like that series (minus the demon summoning)?

Also, regarding Kindred Spirits, I don't know why, but its premise kinda reminds me of this recent episode of the Cinema Snob:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dN_tKd3rbM

My thoughts:

Supipara: How is this one of the 5 again? Wasn't this already pretty much confirmed?

Kindred Spirits: MUH YURI. Of all the announcements, this is the one I'm most excited for. 

Tokyo Babylon: I can't stand hardcore chuuni games, so pass.

Pygmalion: It's not at the top of my list, but there are some things that make it interesting enough for me to check out at some point. I'm not completely sold yet, though.

W Happiness: I haven't actually read the original Princess Evangile yet, but based on the demo it's one that I'll probably enjoy when I get around to it, so this isn't a terrible announcement.

Yeah I guess I'll go with Supipara train, but I didn't voted for it in the poll, because I knew it was funded for over a month... It shouldn't count as proper annoucement. 

Can somebody tell me why everyone loves yuri games o.O? I'm not quite fond of them, and since at AX we got Yuri and now we get 2 Yuri's, I'm afraid of the future...

Supipara = Princess Evangile FD > Tokyo Babel > Pygmalion > Kindred Spirits

That's how it looks for me.

Ultimately I will probably end up reading everything announced at MangaGamer's Otakon panel, which is more than I can say about AX. I will probably play Haruka for only an hour for curiosity's sake, I will probably read the fan-made Umineko PS3-to-PC port and not MG's version (I'm sure they're not happy to hear that), and I won't even touch the sonohana game. Himawari is the most interesting title of the two conventions, but at least everything at Otakon at least seems readable.

Umineko's port EP1 is already available if you have PS3 copy of the game and normal copy of the game.

https://umineko-project.org/en/

I guess it's still worth to buy them, because the quality of port is... 11/10

and the engine still getting more and more updates

EP 2 Alpha is scheduled for August :) So my guess will be EP2 Beta somewhere in Oct/Nov/Dec. I guess UP want to release episodes steadily.

Yeah I guess I'll go with Supipara train, but I didn't voted for it in the poll, because I knew it was funded for over a month... It shouldn't count as proper annoucement. 

Can somebody tell me why everyone loves yuri games o.O? I'm not quite fond of them, and since at AX we got Yuri and now we get 2 Yuri's, I'm afraid of the future...

Supipara = Princess Evangile FD > Tokyo Babel > Pygmalion > Kindred Spirits

The deal with the ghost thing is that its liar-soft, they have a habit of doing stuff a little bit different most of the time and thats the only reason why im more hyped for it than I would be for a yuri title normally (Its still so cute that I could die though).

Also I know that some people say that its not propellers strongest titles that we are getting, but hell, we need more chuunigesque games over here and I dont really think its that bad.

Can somebody tell me why everyone loves yuri games o.O? 

Because males are disgusting.

Seeing MangaGamer's announcement lineup is extremely disappointing. The only things I'm a bit interested in is Princess Evangile W Happiness. Would have rather seen something new from Moonstone such as Natsu no Iro no Nostalgia, Demon Busters ~Ecchi na Ecchi na Demon Taiji~, or Magical Marriage Lunatics!!. Instead they are giviing us a fan disc of a so-so visual novel. The rest of their new announcement aren't 18+ so my motivation to read them is pretty close to non existent.

Seeing MangaGamer's announcement lineup is extremely disappointing. The only things I'm a bit interested in is Princess Evangile W Happiness. Would have rather seen something new from Moonstone such as Natsu no Iro no Nostalgia, Demon Busters ~Ecchi na Ecchi na Demon Taiji~, or Magical Marriage Lunatics!!. Instead they are giviing us a fan disc of a so-so visual novel. The rest of their new announcement aren't 18+ so my motivation to read them is pretty close to non existent.

Kindred Spirits is 18+

edit: The liveblogger linked in the OP is covering the Funimation panel and not the Sekai Project panel. SP has not hyped any major announcements for their panel. Maybe they'll have some random doujin title to announce but that's probably it. They will talk in more detail about their AX announcements, though, which may be interesting. We might get a release date for G-Senjou no Maou and details about their further Akabei Soft plans.

oh... this wasn't an edit but a new post... how did I screw that up? lol

real edit: Oh, well, I guess not. They seriously said there would be more details at Otakon then they proceeded to give no new details. Hurray.