Top 10 Most Wanted Licenses/Translations

kyrt

So with the various different announcements through various different means I think it's time to begin coming up with some new ideas for companies we'd like to see visual novels from. Interesting enough but most of us only know companies that have either legitimate translations or fan-translations but there are probably plenty of people who are fans of games from companies that we have yet to see; so this thread is asking for your Top 10 most wished for licenses or translations by company/studio/etc. 

Just to give you a run down before this year I had AkabeiSoft2, Purple Software, Alicesoft, Age, and Liar-Soft on my list all of which are now technically capable of partnering with various visual novel publishers. I needed to create a new list after these unexpected announcements. For the purpose of my list I generally stuck to parent companies only since the foot in the door so to speak with the other companies is definitely more possible. So without further adieu my top 10 most wanted licenses and or translations. 

Honorable Mentions: Twinkle, Clochette, Propeller, and lump of sugar ... These were excluded for various reasons Propeller in particular being because it is a subsidiary of Will.

10. Akatsuki Works: Broke off from Akabei Soft this is the studio primarily responsible for Comyu and Hello Lady. I originally had Leaf/Aquaplus here before remembering they've been in the english market already (tears to tiara 2 on PS3). Akatsuki works sent a C&D long ago to someone translating devils devel concept and ended up killing the project but the same thing never happened with comyu. In fact based on how these current other projects go they might even try their hand at it since Comyu is a relatively known visual novel and they have a few other games that might be interesting to hit the english market; they have also worked on a project before with 5pb which means the door is potentially open to talk to them.

09: Amuse Craft: Has a number of different subsidiary companies (Unison Shift, Piriri, HeartS, and at least one more nukige type company) all of which while many of the games may not be overly great it sounds like something Mangagamer might attempt to get the license to. Especially after the translator for Ley Line releases the first game or if they find out about it they might see about going through legal maneuvers. Of course as we've seen any of the big 3 can pick up titles from anywhere. 

08. Giga: Most notably known for the Baldr series and a few older and smaller titles. There exists one fan-translation of sorts of a game called Duel Savior but outside of that any other projects tend to burn out before they can get anywhere. Games of particular note are Baldr Force, Baldr's Sky Dive1 "Lost Memories", and Parfait - Chocolate Second Brew-.

07. KeroQ/Makura: Honestly this studio is on here mainly because of the art and the fact the stories are supposed to be quite good. We may soon find out exactly how good since Subarashiki Hibi ~ Furenzoku Sonzai~ is supposed to be finished translating relatively soon and that will of course potentially open some doors if the translation is decent quality. I actually think this company is more unlikely than some of the other ones but I'm not quite sure why I feel that. Notable mentions from the imprint company Makura include the currently translated game Ikinari Anata ni Koishiteiru, H2O Footprints in the Sand, Sakura no Uta, and Himawari no Kyoukai to Nagai Natsuyasumi

06. Favorite: The studio behind hoshizora no memoria, irotoridori no sekai, and AstralAir no Shiroki Towa all of which are games that are currently being in the process of being translated (by varying degrees of success) but that also have all age versions of at least two of the games. The games, the work, and the popularity of hoshizora no memoria in the english market make this a potential candidate for a future license. Mangagamer I think would be the studio best adept at handling this game.

05. Yuzusoft: The studio behind the never to be translated game, Dracu-Riot. They do have a few other games under their title to work with including the most recently released Sanoba Witch, Amairo*Islenauts, and Noble Works and a few of these games have in progress translations. I don't even know if any of the games are any good but I wouldn't mind playing any of them as they look decent if nothing else. 

04. Eushully: Known primarily for gameplay and fantasy settings one game by them has already been translated in Kamidori Alchemy Meister and it was very popular and a fun game minus one or two minor details. I can't really see Sekai Project ever getting this series which means it would be up to JAST or Mangagamer. Mangagamer already has a partnership with Alicesoft so I find this rather unlikely. Other games they've done include Ikusa Megami Zero (and this entire series), Soukoku no Arterial, and Himegari Dungeon Master

03. August: Studio responsible for a number of supposedly top quality titles that seem to keep getting stalled before being able to get finished. This would be a good company for one of the vn publishers to try and partner with simply because they have all age and 18+ titles and none of their games have been released with an english patch in full yet. Some of the work would already be done and a lot of people know the titles for the games...the anime that tend to get made off of these visual novels does tend to be not the greatest which is a shame because if one of the anime were successful I imagine that they may have been in talks to try releasing over here. They are responsible for visual novels like Fortune Arterial, Aiyoku no Eustia, Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na, and Daitoshokan no Hitsuijikai

02. Type-Moon: A company that needs little introduction they are responsible for visual novels like tsukihime, fate/stay night, and Mahoutsukai no Yoru as well as the upcoming Tsukihime remake. This company only has a few games like a few others but the studio is known for some of the most well known visual novels and even is the studio that got the first fan-translation. The studio would also be prime for releasing both all age and 18+ titles as pretty much all of it's games have an all ages version. The likelihood of this studio ever getting games licensed is extremely unlikely but people used to put type-moon next to things like Alicesoft who know one ever thought would release content outside of Japan. A recent comment by Peter made it seem as if they've gone to type-moon an that the decision is in their house now...knowing the community I wouldn't be surprised if mangagamer and sekai project also went to them. Who knows maybe they will finally cave in.

01. Light: This one should surprise no one considering how popular one of the games is. This company has no games translated or in process of translation and is highly acclaimed by many people. Personally I love the premise of a number of their games and think these would be amazing games to get translated...it's also really unlikely that anyone will try. Dies Irae, Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen Hachimyoujin, and Silverio Vendetta are just a few of the many titles by this studio.

- So that was my list for what companies and their aforementioned visual novels that I'm most interested in. Honestly this post was mainly to get some of the newer people to visual novels aware of some of the bigger names in the visual novel industry that we've yet to see legitimate releases for. Feel I missed something feel free to share your own top 10 list.

I think I'll also write down my TOP 10 most anticipated visual novels. I don't think it'll be much different though.

10August - To open the list, I put August at the last place, pretty good company with many known and valued titles.

9Saga Planets - Hmm, a lot of good visual novels with Hatsuyuki Sakura on top.

8La'cryma - The next one witch high not too many visual novels on their account, but pretty much all of them are high quality ones.

7Yuzusoft - Let's go with Yuzusoft next. Not to much to say on this one, but would love to play all most recent visual novels from them.

6White Album 2 ~Closing Chapter~ - The next one is not company, but only a single title. After watching first season of White Album, I fell in love with it, and can't get out of it to this day,

5Eushully - Holding strong fifth spot on my list is well known Eushully. I won't even write down the titles I want to come from them, because they're all pretty good and worth playing. They're known for good gameplay in their visual novels.

4Light - Here comes the Light with most famous Dies irae which is stated one of the hardest visual novels to translate. I guess Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen Hachimyoujin/Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen Bansenjin and Silverio Vendetta are also worth playing. So yeah, a lot of very good VNs coming from them.

3Favorite - And after all, the third place on the pedestal is of course waiting for Favorite. After playing Hoshizora no Memoria abosulutely fell in love with art, and quality of characters of this game(tell me what you want but I'm rating characters from Hoshi very highly) so would also want to try their other titles, which I heard are even better: Irotoridori no Sekai + AstralAir no Shiroki Towa

2tone work's - This is second company on my list which produced only two games: Hatsukoi 1/1 and Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai, what I have to say about them? Both of those games are such high quality, CGs, Sprites, and story that I really want to try them. Could put many other companies here, but decided to put tony's exactly, because they have only 2 titles and they're both pretty much hits, that's why partnering with them should be a good choice.

1. Giga - I just had to put it at the top, always wanted to try Baldr Sky Dive1 “Lost Memory” + Baldr Sky Dive2 “Recordare” They're more complex than any other visual novel in terms of gameplay, at the same time they're keeping very high plot level, that's why I want to play them both so bad.

Honorable Mentions

- Let's start of with Type-Moon and Mahoutsukai no Yoru + Tsukihime Rebirth

- The second one will be Key and Angel Beats! + Harmonia (Saw right through them, even if they're bringing us Clannad, they stated that the next one in line is Rewrite(already translated and I have read it like month ago...) and after that probably Little Busters(no objections here, but would like to play AB asap?) It looks like we'll get AB officialy in 2-3 or even 4 years...

- The third is Alcot

- And for the last I'll go with Akabei Soft3, they should probably be in TOP 10 instead of August I guess...

I don't really like to rank by producer since scenario writers, artists, and composers tend to move between companies quite often, nevertheless my top 10 in no particular order would be:

light - I don't like most of their chuuni stuff but they do have a couple decent ones, my favorites being 早狩武志のひこうき (gunjou), 潮風海, RURUR, and Vermillion.

flat - rising company, notable works are Secret Game 1, 2, and last year's popular ひこうき雲の向こう側.

5pb - The entire memories off series, and please port them to pc.

nitro+ - Muramasa goes without saying, along with Jingai Makyou, Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi, Phenomeno, and Gekkou no Carneval.

leaf - the classics To Heart 1 and 2, White Album 1 and 2.

Lump of Sugar - now called lump of shit, but they made tayutama and itsusora.

Akatsuki Works - the classic Rui wa tomo wo yobu, then Devils Devel Concept, and the more recent Hello Lady for action VNs. 

GIGA - この青空に約束を―, パルフェ, and the BSD series.

Crossnet/Favorite - not that good but will sell because Shida's followers.

Saga Planets - some of the better slice of life out there. Hatsuyuki Sakura, Gold Star, and Natsuyume Nagisa.

Navel - Shuffle, Soul Link, Oretsuba, and Tsuriotsu

My top 10:

10. Galette

9. Galette

8. Galette

7. Galette

6. Galette

5. Galette

4. Galette

3. Galette

2. Galette

1. Galette

Such a great company. Makes awesome games like Onii-chan Sharing and Onii-chan, Migite no Shiyou wo Kinshi Shimasu!

Teeku Teeku Teeku Teeku Teeku

On a more serious note, Pulltop games.

la3L7Ju.jpg

Funny how the works I want to see translated are generally not the most famous works by said companies.

I probably can't even name 10 companies off the top of my head, so these are in no particular order.

Pulltop - Harukani Aogi Uruwashino was one of my first VNs, and still one of my favorites.

Giga - A long line of decent games. Haven't actually played anything from Baldr Sky though.

Age - Kimi ga Ita Kisetsu, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Light - Tapestry, Sakashiki Hito ni Miru Kokoro/Don-chan ga Q/Magino Complex. Once again, nothing from Dies Irae series.

Liar-soft - Okujou no Yurirei San

Flat - I liked Hikoukigumo no Mukougawa way more than I thought I would.

These aren't in any particular order.

Light (this will probably never be anything but a wish)

Akatsuki Works (If Akabeisoft2 gets localization coverage, this company will probably be dragged along with it)

Propeller (yes, it is a will subsidiary, but it stands on its own in terms of the number of kamige)

Type-Moon (a partnership with a localization company would serve to ensure the local releases of its games, for the Japanese-incompetent)

Giga (for the Baldr series)

Eushully (for the Ikusa Megami series)

Cotton Soft (for a number of awesome games they've released over the years, including Reconquista and Owaru Sekai to Birthday)

Tigre Soft (for the Reminiscence series and the other interesting VNs they have lined up)

Purple Soft (c'mon people... don't you want to see localized Hapymaher and Mirai Nostalgia?)

Rosebleu (for the large number of hilarious games)

Edit: The Baldr series is the only thing of value from Giga, so I'd be pissed if they localized any of their other games, lol.

My top 10 in no order whatsoever:

- Yuzusoft: a long list of good VN like Dracu-riot, Amairo Islenauts, Sanoba Witch, and also be one of my favorite eroge company.

- Lump of Sugar: I like almost all of their games. Nothing superb, but nothing bad either.

- Favorite: their nakiges are just as good as Key's.

- ALcot: good to high quality moege, with enough story to keep people from being overdosed.

- GIGA: mostly need games from TEAM BALDRHEAD a.k.a Baldr series and Material Brave. I don't really care about games from the main team.

- Whirlpool: same as LoS, tons of no-superb-but-no-bad moege with high comedy level.

- sprite/fairys: Koichoco, Ima Sugu Oniichan, Aokana. Those are the only 3 titles they have released, but all of them have high quality.

- SAGA Planet: I really want their "4 seasons" set of VN to be translated. Hanasaki also.

- Escu:de: Some decent moege/semi-nukige with gameplay. I know this is never gonna happen...though maybe MG will do it, given their style...

- Galette: We need moar loli

- Pulltop: lots of decent and good games, though chances are MoeNovel will just rekt the hell out of them...

I don't really like to rank by producer since scenario writers, artists, and composers tend to move between companies quite often, nevertheless my top 10 in no particular order would be:

light - I don't like most of their chuuni stuff but they do have a couple decent ones, my favorites being 早狩武志のひこうき (gunjou), 潮風海, RURUR, and Vermillion.

flat - rising company, notable works are Secret Game 1, 2, and last year's popular ひこうき雲の向こう側.

5pb - The entire memories off series, and please port them to pc.

nitro+ - Muramasa goes without saying, along with Jingai Makyou, Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi, Phenomeno, and Gekkou no Carneval.

leaf - the classics To Heart 1 and 2, White Album 1 and 2.

Lump of Sugar - now called lump of shit, but they made tayutama and itsusora.

Akatsuki Works - the classic Rui wa tomo wo yobu, then Devils Devel Concept, and the more recent Hello Lady for action VNs. 

GIGA - この青空に約束を―, パルフェ, and the BSD series.

Crossnet/Favorite - not that good but will sell because Shida's followers.

Saga Planets - some of the better slice of life out there. Hatsuyuki Sakura, Gold Star, and Natsuyume Nagisa.

Navel - Shuffle, Soul Link, Oretsuba, and Tsuriotsu

My top ten

disclaimer: since im a still a filthy gaijin that cant read japanese, this list consist of companies who has made several VNs that has good reviews and where the plot and art seems amazing from my point of view + recommendations and what I have heard about them from others.

KeroQ: because: sca-ji duuuh. With that said all the plots and interesting things he brings into his writing is enough for me to be a fan.

Light: wow surprise right?

Liar-soft: because they make stuff that looks so original both story and art-wise and they should be rewarded a lot more for doing what they do. (like have you seen the art for fairytale requiem? its beyond amazing)

La'cryma: Basically just because I wanna read fortissimo and because Momiji is best girl

August: Seems like very good and solid Nukiges and I cant wait to read Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai

Propeller: Because of the kamige status and personal recommendations (and I can see clephas is on it as well)

Sprite: looks like the nakiges that I would die to read anyway also beautiful art overall

raiL-soft: Because I want to see translators suffer for my sake (Yes I am aware that its a liar-soft sub company)

Favorite: Because they look like the only company that makes moeges that I actually want to play.

5pb: doesnt really need any introduction right? apart from the chaos; series, they have sooo much stuff that I want to see translated

Runner-up: nitro+

Obviously didnt make the list because JAST have a partnership with them already, but come on, where is muramasa? Also I really want them to hurry up so the can release tokyo necro ASAP

Pajamas Soft: Didnt make the list because I the only game I want to actually play from them is Natsu no Owari no Nirvana

my obligatory list of novels,  that i mostly like others beeing able to read in english (or whatever language floats your boat), too:

propeller: evolimit, tokyo babel, bullet butlers etc.

light: dies irae & kkk, tapestry & silverio vendetta

akatsuki works: devils devel concept, halo lady, &, rui wa tomo

liar soft: euthanasia (because pretty old by now, though beeing really good & emotional, but yeah...propably not going to happen)

makura: h20, himawari no kyoukai

sumikko soft: harumade kurruru, natsukumo yururu

eushully: various titles starting ikusa zero...

hermit: sekai de ichiban (think i´d like this one most to be translated, simply because its romance is more than beautifull & touching)

inre: chusingura 46+1 & releated media

Pulltop: haruka ni aogi

Liar-soft: because they make stuff that looks so original both story and art-wise and they should be rewarded a lot more for doing what they do. (like have you seen the art for fairytale requiem? its beyond amazing)

I think you missed an announcement last year:

Mangagamer Anime Expo 2014 Announcement:             Status of Mangagamer Titles