Summer 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Prisma Illya Heart 

Show is too cute.

iXUsSKQl.png

Cute? In my opinion its one of the more entertaining shows this season. Also, that OP reminded me of what happens at the end of this season.

HNNNG Super evolution Ilya and Ko-Gil

On to Gate, really the show I was looking forward to the most, yet simultaneously enjoying the most and conflicted the most.  Gate has effectively turned a 17+ series (in reference to the manga, I can't say anything about the novels themselves) into a 13+ series pretty much perfectly.  They stripped out all the needless gore, toned down the sexual themes a bit, and yet, I can't say anything is really that much different.  All the characters still come off the same, every single event has been hit without exception, and all in all I can't seem to say that the show is worse for it.  Would it have been more enjoyable if the graphic nature of the war had been in there? Sure, but that is personal preference, and putting that aside I can't seem to justify why it would be better at a higher rating.

Oh right, the one thing they did cut out was when they were introducing Rory, they didn't have the scene where she 'forced' the last bandit to have the option of ridding his virginity on a dead corpse.  That's the only thing I can think of that stood out as blatantly being skipped over.

On to Gate, really the show I was looking forward to the most, yet simultaneously enjoying the most and conflicted the most.  Gate has effectively turned a 17+ series (in reference to the manga, I can't say anything about the novels themselves) into a 13+ series pretty much perfectly.  They stripped out all the needless gore, toned down the sexual themes a bit, and yet, I can't say anything is really that much different.  All the characters still come off the same, every single event has been hit without exception, and all in all I can't seem to say that the show is worse for it.  Would it have been more enjoyable if the graphic nature of the war had been in there? Sure, but that is personal preference, and putting that aside I can't seem to justify why it would be better at a higher rating.

Oh right, the one thing they did cut out was when they were introducing Rory, they didn't have the scene where she 'forced' the last bandit to have the option of ridding his virginity on a dead corpse.  That's the only thing I can think of that stood out as blatantly being skipped over.

There is a suprizingly amount of politics going on in the manga wich mostly just get glanced over in the anime despite playing a rather big part in the manga and making it much more enjoyable.

Really? At what parts specifically?  I don't remember anything being glanced over just yet.  I'm not saying it won't happen in the later episodes, but so far I can't say anything is missing.  The most I can say is that maybe some internal dialogue got cut, but it's nothing you couldn't figure out after thinking about it for a minute or two.

Again, I'm in agreement with the way everyone's age has been deprecated, but it overall doesn't seem to have impacted the story whatsoever and has basically blended into "this is what mid-age adults look like".  In reference to the rest of the characters in the series everyone seems to be appropriately aged in-universe.

Charlotte Episode 07 This was the funniest episode yet. 

RIP, it finally came. But I feel she is still alive and magic powers will bring her back cause Key. 

I saw this, I did laugh. I'm sorry. 

CPyPnyz.jpg

Rokka no Yuusha Episode 07 Even the other characters can't stand the fucking cat dude. Also, how is it not the bunny lady after this episode. 

Thoughts and opinons on how the series is going?

In particular episode 7

cos Episode 7 really hit me hard, I was slightly prepared for it from the op but I never fully expected for Key/Jun Maeda to fully go through with it.

I just watched ep 7 so I cant stop thinking about it and really want to know other opinions on it. 

Opening shows Ayumi at the start but only shows the 4 main characters at the end, which seemed like a hint to her dying/falling sick

But I never thought they would actually have her die. I was expecting her to fall sick or something.
Damn

Charlotte knows how to bring on the feels personally.  That said I feel like it suffers from what Angel Beats! had in terms of length.  They're building around twelve episodes as opposed to something longer but this leaves important aspects underdeveloped and underused, such as the foreshadowing for the yandere bit in Episode 6 and how Episode seven's conflict was resolved so easily despite his breakdown being portrayed well.

Episode seven's conflict was resolved so easily despite his breakdown being portrayed well.

I agree with what you said about how its length really limits Charlotte's ability to characterise and develop.

And with episode 7, who else saw Nao making the secret pizza sauce for Yuu when she said he had to eat 1 bite only.

I mean, that was some obvious foreshadowing

"You need some home-cooked meals"

"Only need to take 1 bite"

That just screamed to me that it had something to do with Ayumi.

That said Yuu's total change in behavior after eating that 1 meal can be explained pretty well.

Cause of breakdown=Ayumi

Cause of resolution=Ayumi

Plus I think the guy was probably a bit tired of his life-style already. 

Holy crap, Yamada went back home AND Otoo found his wife.

This isn't Working, how can Working have so much plot?!

It's definitely a different vibe from the previous two seasons and it really makes you feel like the journey is coming to an end soon which makes me really sad.

This side of Yamada was really cute to see, I do hope she keeps working though, I would hate to see her disappear.

Is this week feels week?

Regarding ep 7 of Charlotte

I was disappointed how they handled Ayumi's death without any closure, the episode was only about his breakdown and recovery (which was done pretty well though). While I know Maeda's habit of creating a happy end, I still don't think that she will be simply revived. I suspect that if there is gonna be some power involved which is able to bring her back, it will probably need some kind of sacrifice or there is another reason why it can't be easily done, which would mean that it either ends with:

- Ayumi gets revived and there will be feels because of the consequences

or

- He decides to not revive her because of the consequences

Or the story goes an entirely different way and she isn't dead at all. Then those scientists will probably play a bigger roll but it's hard to guess what would happen after that. 

Also typically Key again: Yuu watching Angel Beats in the Internet Cafe  :P 

This Gangsta episode was pretty dark. The trauma is real.

The relationship between Worick and Nic just got more complex than I initially thought it was (I'm sure in a few months all I'm going to be seeing on Sad Panda is yaoi doujins of this...).

If there's one thing this show does well it's making you feel involved in the story.

Looks like something big is coming as well, can't wait.

Gatchaman is taking me home, I love its pseudo-action and its pseudo-intellectuality.

Other than Gatcha, my other favorites are Gate and Non Non Biyori. I like Ranpo Kitan's art direction, but the anime itself is all over the place- which I think makes the art direction all the better.

Really? At what parts specifically? I don't remember anything being glanced over just yet. I'm not saying it won't happen in the later episodes, but so far I can't say anything is missing. The most I can say is that maybe some internal dialogue got cut, but it's nothing you couldn't figure out after thinking about it for a minute or two.

Again, I'm in agreement with the way everyone's age has been deprecated, but it overall doesn't seem to have impacted the story whatsoever and has basically blended into "this is what mid-age adults look like". In reference to the rest of the characters in the series everyone seems to be appropriately aged in-universe.