VN Reading Club - July (Osananajimi wa Daitouryou ~ My Girlfriend is the President)

kyrt

Weekly Osadai Questions  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which was your favorite route?

2. 2. Did you play the fan disc?

3. 3. Did you enjoy the visual novel?

This poll is closed to new votes

Wait, wait, wait. Now they just called the country "Rusia". This is actually intentional, I guess? I guess at least it's just annoying, not dumb. The game is hilarious, so I'll deal.

~~~

So, I'm playing. And I'm thinking, "Geeze, how is it not obvious to everybody that Ran is best girl?" And then I realize... she's the same voice actor I just declared to be my favorite after hearing her in eden* (Maya) and Comyu (Benio): https://vndb.org/s469. Maybe I'm just biased towards that voice. But Ranneechan still best girl.

Wait, wait, wait. Now they just called the country "Rusia". This is actually intentional, I guess? I guess at least it's just annoying, not dumb. The game is hilarious, so I'll deal.

Who do you think Vladimirnova Putina is?  :sachi:

So, I'm playing. And I'm thinking, "Geeze, how is it not obvious to everybody that Ran is best girl?"

Oh my god. I always knew you had great taste. My opinion on your taste for girls increases bit by bit every time I see your best girl. Never disappoint, Fred. Ran-neechan will always be best.

Which reminds me. I played until the opening movie yesterday and boy was I reminded why I chose Ran for my first route. A lot of things about her strikes me as good. Those curves, hips, voice, interaction, personality, and other stuff. It's disappointing that she only had two scenes though. 

I'm going for Yukino first this time.

So far, I'm finding everything appropriately ridiculous and amusing - this is pretty much just what I was looking for. It works nicely as a contrast, since I just finished the very serious eden*.

I'm on the Puchin route, because I kinda pick choices randomly the first time through a VN and I can't help but complement peoples' cooking. The only real complaint I have so far is that things are going on a bit long. I don't mind the half-hearted stabs at drama too much, but the route is dragging on a bit... we need to get back to the comic relief, stat.

I think I'll intentionally save Ran-neechan's route for last, and I need to get Yukino (obvious worst girl) out of the way next, so I guess my intended order is set now.

Edit: Kosaki, in addition to all your totally correct praise of Ran, don't forget that she also has the best BGM.

Edit: Kosaki, in addition to all your totally correct praise of Ran, don't forget that she also has the best BGM.

In terms of character BGMs, I'd agree. The others feel a lot more bland. But I'm not sure when it comes to overall. Either way, her BGM's still good. Have my +rep, Fred.

Also, advanced a little. I still don't feel like advancing through the game too fast, since Mom's home more often these days. Seeing that the game has a lot of scenes that might be misinterpreted (or is it really a misinterpretation?), I decided to not rush the game. I'll probably finish it next week or so. I really need to start reading Higurashi again, you see.

I'll do Yukino's route first, that's for sure.

Also, thank you for fanservice, Japan.

Because Osadai is what it is, I decided to do some research with it.

Normally I can't help myself going for certain types of characters, no matter what. This time I decided to muster all my willpower to save the best girl (Putchin) last, and try to do the other routes first.

We'll see what happens. 

This game is absolutely stupid so far, and that's exactly why I'm loving it.  I've always enjoyed games breaking the 4th wall, and this is no exception.  The protagonist is reminding me a bit of CrossChannel's Taichi, what with his enjoyment of sexual harassment.

If I could send a copy of this to Putin and be sure someone working for him wouldn't just throw it in the garbage before he ever saw it, I'd totally do it.  It'd be worth the initial cost plus shipping to be able to mess with him.

Started playing the fandisc. Not a fan of this game for several reasons, but I might as well do it.

I feel this thread will be waifu wars since there's not much else to discuss, so I'll start- From my memory of this game, spaceship is best girl. 

Well I am going for puchin first (already started), I don't really like to go for any of the other characters who don't feel like the main spotlight of the game. 

Yukino is boring so much like bah get her off screen and give Ranneechan more screen time. Puching and Ran are tied for first place but Ran wins cause oh my god, that awesome body , I can't stop drolling ... gawd.... 

So basically I will go like this : puchin > Ran > Yukino > Ell. 

I feel like I won't go for any other char after I finish Ran's route but who cares? 

I feel this thread will be waifu wars since there's not much else to discuss

This shalt happen even thou as memory serves, other two months were pretty much the same :sachi: 

You just had other aspects to discuss. But yeah it's just a contest for who the best girl/route is like every silly moege out there. 

ANYWAYS I AM JOINING RANNEECHAN TEAM!

So the consensus is Yukino worst girl?

I like Puchin the least, so it's Ran > Ell > Yukino > Puchin for me.

But they're all cute.

Meanwhile, here's me slacking on reading the visual novel. I just can't seem to put in more than three hours reading this. Maybe because it's not a serious eroge. Not that it isn't good. I just feel like I need to intake small doses of this at every time. Otherwise, it might grow stale or something. Anyway, still going through Yukino's route.

I stopped right after the first H-scene.

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWD!

NzWga6D.jpg

Also, I may have not mentioned this, but it's pretty obvious that I can relate to Junichiro anyway. That's why everything's more of an enjoyment for me. After all, his interactions are similar to mine. Except for the touching girls part. I-I can't do that in real life! Only thing that's missing from my life are girls that tease me too.

My ranking would have to be Puchin > Ren Run & Ell (can't pick between them  :/ ) > Yukino.  Puchin is hilarious when she gets angry.

Kinda dragging my feet, too, but I was doing that in Princess Evangile as well.  Might be because it's summer and my ADD is generally going unchecked right now; I keep getting distracted by the internet and downloading stuff when I should be reading.

I pretty much only read Osadai for the crazy references, the happy go lucky romcom is too much for me.

I was pretty disappointed with Ell, she wasn't robotic (or spaceshippy?) enough. She appearances or behavior didn't form a big enough gap from humans, so she just seemed like a socially awkward little girl.

Nonhuman heroines should have proper nonhuman charm points.

I'll just hope her route makes things better.

The ranking itself is clear as day: Puchin>Ran>Ell>Yukino

Wrapped up the Puchin route. Pretty entertaining. This VN does a fairly good job of pacing things, but I have two minor complaints:

- There is a little bit too much time spent on drama, at times. It's not their strong suit, but I can see that it's needed to change the pace every now and then. That's fine, but still, don't drag it out so long.

- Definitely too many H scenes in too short a time window. They packed 3 of them (or was it 4? they started to blur...) all together between about the 3/4 mark and the 7/8 mark of the route. The overall H-per-minute was not over-the-top (as it was in Yume Miru Kusuri), but it all ends up packed in a really short window, which ends up achieving the same effect. I just ended up skipping most of it, though; not a big deal, really.

I changed my mind and decided to do Ran's route next, since saving it for the end seems like a recipe for getting tired of the VN and not enjoying it. I'll leave Yukino till the end and maybe just not do her route, depending on how I feel at that point.

I was pretty disappointed with Ell, she wasn't robotic (or spaceshippy?) enough. She appearances or behavior didn't form a big enough gap from humans, so she just seemed like a socially awkward little girl.

Nonhuman heroines should have proper nonhuman charm points.

I'll just hope her route makes things better.

I guess it's a coincidence of the games I've played, but it seems the only romanceable robot girl I've seen is Aigis in Persona 3. She's my favorite Persona (not just Persona 3) character, though, so clearly there's something there that appeals to me. I really wanted to like Ell, but she doesn't do nearly as much for me, and I think you nailed the reason; she's too human, not enough robot, and ends up just coming off as a little girl most of the time. However (spoiler about Puchin route):

I really liked the scene with Ell in Puchin's route where Ell goes examining the morning wood phenomenon. Everything that happened there had me laughing away. But this was the only time that I really got the "Ell is a robot" vibe.

Also, I'll throw this out there: I don't understand the characterization of Ell as loli (which the VN certainly intends). Most importantly, her facial structure seems as adult as any of the rest of the characters, but her bust size definitely is not so small that she couldn't be an adult. She's only small, in that respect, by comparison with the typical extreme sizing of the rest of the cast (see also: Kuon, who is constantly called "flat", but is definitely more like average).

Ell's sprite is definitely shorter than most. But first of all, it's not that much shorter; and second of all, it's a sprite. Maybe I'm not enough of a sprite connoisseur, but I don't find them conducive to judging actual height unless they're really short. Qoo and Remi are clearly much smaller, and I can see that in their shape and sprite. But at least to me, in appearance Ell is just... normal.

Finished Yukino's route today. I have to finish this fast.

After all, the English-translated end of the world is up in 4 days. I must make haste.

What I have to say?

Well... Uh. Quite normal. Of course it is. It's a gag eroge with cute girls in it. What dark, deep story can there possibly be in this game? I think the best thing about the game is the interaction that happens between the characters anyway. As Fred has said, drama's not the good point of this eroge. The comedy is. Nonetheless, they needed some kind of plot or something to establish the ever deepening relationship of Junichiro with one of the girls. That's why there was drama in the game, imo. Well, not that I mind. I get teary-eyed from this kind of drama too, anyway. Still though, the most commendable part is still the comedy. Of course, I love the perverted personality that Junichiro has too. I like that kind of comedy. This is also my second time playing through the game, so realizing that I never noticed the numerous references makes me more aware of my ever worsening weeb condition. Who cares? what's important is that it's fun. I won't say anything about the amount of H-scenes. With a perverted protagonist like that, what would you expect? Anyway, the route was fun. The ending was, of course, anti-climactic, but I don't mind. This game shouldn't be taken seriously anyway.

Also did Part 2 of Irina's route. I'm at Part 3 now.

Oh my god... This romance...

I-It's embarrassing.

j6WUQer.jpg

Also, I'll throw this out there: I don't understand the characterization of Ell as loli (which the VN certainly intends). Most importantly, her facial structure seems as adult as any of the rest of the characters, but her bust size definitely is not so small that she couldn't be an adult. She's only small, in that respect, by comparison with the typical extreme sizing of the rest of the cast (see also: Kuon, who is constantly called "flat", but is definitely more like average).

Ell's sprite is definitely shorter than most. But first of all, it's not that much shorter; and second of all, it's a sprite. Maybe I'm not enough of a sprite connoisseur, but I don't find them conducive to judging actual height unless they're really short. Qoo and Remi are clearly much smaller, and I can see that in their shape and sprite. But at least to me, in appearance Ell is just... normal.

I really doubt that Ell was intended to be a loli.

Qoo and Remi on the other hand were intended to be lolis(since we don't have a route for them so I guess that producers didn't want to have loli routes).

Ell is intended to be a shy and innocent girl. I do agree that's she's too human and the fact of her being a robot is kinda there just for show.