Muv Luv: A Pretty Sweet Visual Novel Series Kickstarter [MILLION DOLLAR BABY]

Down

I knew it... 100k+ lines KGNE as stretch was too good to be true... and also they don't have any translation done so it would take 2-3 years to release. I think we still gonna get it. 18+ version not confirmed, just speculated as "probability" -.- Who the hell would want All-ages over 18+ original?

This may be interesting: 

Special Unlockable Content

Original/New content

I don't know why we're getting this, when it get like 200 votes in the survey out of 1k+(scored the lowest):

PS Vita port

May include PS4 or Android port as well.

Also the good thing let's see how it's gonna look :D:

Collector's Box with Exclusive Artbook

Overall not bad, if they would include/change:

- 18+ physical versions

- KGNE as stretch

- Artbooks in EN

I would be in heaven :D

Regarding the 18+ version, the CM of Degica said in a reddit thread that they'd let Amaterasu release an uncensor patch. That's not necessarily a great way to do things imo.

I mean, I guess that works, but uh... I'm going to need something more concrete to back this.  I'm ONLY interested in the 18+ version.  I need a guarantee that such a patch will happen, that it would be timely (*cough* Grisaia *cough*), and that the end result will be the definitive version of the game with no compromises.  I also desire a degree of officialness in such a release, in order to avoid setting a precedent that adult content is some sort of fan mod that won't be officially supported.  That's acceptable for loli content, but not adult content in general, especially when they're expecting us to invest in this endeavor.

I actually don't mind that the adult content would be an "addon" to the non-adult version.  That makes it easier to share with people.  It also means the adult version would essentially be the same price as the non-adult version, which is something I've been disgruntled about lately.

Lets be clear about something muv luv is story for adults not for kids, forget about the sex and eroge, the story and plot is not suited for kids, period. Some vns can be converted or censored to suit a younger audience, this one is not.

Turning it into a "family" game is just to appeal a wider audience just to get more money and nothing more even if by doing so means to butcher they story itself...

I mean, I guess that works, but uh... I'm going to need something more concrete to back this.  I'm ONLY interested in the 18+ version.  I need a guarantee that such a patch will happen, that it would be timely (*cough* Grisaia *cough*), and that the end result will be the definitive version of the game with no compromises.  I also desire a degree of officialness in such a release, in order to avoid setting a precedent that adult content is some sort of fan mod that won't be officially supported.  That's acceptable for loli content, but not adult content in general, especially when they're expecting us to invest in this endeavor.

I actually don't mind that the adult content would be an "addon" to the non-adult version.  That makes it easier to share with people.  It also means the adult version would essentially be the same price as the non-adult version, which is something I've been disgruntled about lately.

Do you really believe they are going to offer a fan-patch that you can use with the non-adult version?

Link of the reddit comment for precision's sake.

My personal issue is not with the sex scenes, which I couldn't care less about for the most part, but the fact that they're probably basing this "all-ages" version on the console port of the game and that console ports usually have more than just the sex scenes removed (violence and sex jokes toned down and some weird stuff too).

Muv-Luv Alternative is actually not a good game to cut down because a few very important scenes have very graphical depictions and I couldn't in good faith recommend playing the game without the full experience. I'd have liked my physical copy to be "complete".

Link of the reddit comment for precision's sake.

My personal issue is not with the sex scenes, which I couldn't care less about for the most part, but the fact that they're probably basing this "all-ages" version on the console port of the game and that console ports usually have more than just the sex scenes removed (violence and sex jokes toned down and some weird stuff too).

Muv-Luv Alternative is actually not a good game to cut down because a few very important scenes have very graphical depictions and I couldn't in good faith recommend playing the game without the full experience. I'd have liked my physical copy to be "complete".

https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/3i2k3p/muvluv_backer_rewards_and_stretch_goals_are_now/cucsfe5

"we'll be looking into the "Alternative" version when there's a demand for it."

"once we've gotten all user feedback, Mitch or Jack(president) will be giving a go signal"

So they didn't agree with that yet...

I advise everyone concerned about content cuts to fully read all of the official comments in the Reddit thread.  This isn't something you can just grasp with sound bytes.  They're being purposefully ambivalent, just like JAST was with Shiny Days.

In any case, I've made my stance crystal clear:

Here's what I need to get behind this project (as opposed to simply buying the game after it releases, if the "alternative version" is satisfactory).
  • A guarantee that an uncut version will happen, and that it will be the definitive version with no compromises. If a digital patch is required to achieve this, then so be it.
  • A non-binding promise that you'll host and officially support this patch / "alternative version".
  • A guarantee that the "alternative version" will be released simultaneously with the original version.

If my demands are met, I'll likely fund this.  If not, I probably won't.  I think these demands are pretty reasonable, and I'd be comfortable supporting other eroge Kickstarters that met these conditions as well.

Well, God damn I used to support the ongoing localization boom and have been trying to scoot away from "acquiring" titles by "non-mainstream" ways, but the more I learn about how localizations are being handled and the reasons behind it...... it just keeps getting harder and harder to support.

Funding Kickstarters isn't the only way to show support.  Buy the game when it releases, if the version that releases is satisfactory.  There's no shame in taking a wait-and-see approach.  Let others shoulder the risks.  There's no shortage of people willing to do so, it would seem.

That's always true, but it does torture the collector in me. I like having a ridiculously large special edition Steins;Gate box, proudly displayed on my bookshelf and kickstarters usually offer some neat limited edition physical copy. When it releases to the general public more often than not, it is in a digital only format and when I already have a digital copy..... it just makes it that much harder to purchase.

I'll be honest I'm either going to support this (this will be the last one I do) or I'm going to sit back and let other people do it for me. I half fear that this won't get nearly as much support as either of the other two big kickstarters simply because people are fed up with kickstarter and they have every right to be. 

People like us were never the target audience for these Kickstarter campaigns to begin with.  Half the funds for the Clannad Kickstarter came from people who contributed at the $85 or higher tier, with an average of $93 (!) paid per backer.  These campaigns are succeeding on the backs of crazy collectors, essentially.  I doubt they even care all that much about the digital content, which is ironically the primary product being sold.  They're in it for the merchandise.

What can we conclude from this?  That the key to a successful Kickstarter campaign is licensing a popular franchise with merchandise that people are interested in.  Everything else is secondary.  Barring any major screwups, the MuvLuv Kickstarter will succeed because it meets those two criteria.  That's really all there is to it.

I'm surprised how many people are so keyed in on whether they include the sexual content or not.

I personally think Muv-Luv is amazing, but of everything in it, the adult content is by far the least relevant. It's not even particularly well done compared to the caliber of the rest of the content. With G-senjou for example, I don't think you'd have the same product if you took out the adult portion. Muv-Luv might actually be better without it.

we already said this a lot of times this is not about the sexual content... it is about censoring and cutting parts of the plot itself, things that are not related in any way with sex but then again the eroge itself in this vns is really important too specially for takeru's character development and sumika's

People like us were never the target audience for these Kickstarter campaigns to begin with.  Half the funds for the Clannad Kickstarter came from people who contributed at the $85 or higher tier, with an average of $93 (!) paid per backer.  These campaigns are succeeding on the backs of crazy collectors, essentially.  I doubt they even care all that much about the digital content, which is ironically the primary product being sold.  They're in it for the merchandise.

Well unfortunately for them I am one of those collectors. I am in it for the physical merchandise and the way Frontwing has handled that is just horrible and made me less likely to contribute I contributed almost 200 dollars to Grisaia and am more than willing to contribute more to muv-luv if Grisaia's didn't sour my experience. I'll be honest I really want a sumika and/or Meiya figure so I might back a dollar and then do an add-on for a figure...assuming of course I decide to do anything at all. I won't back anything until the last 48 hours if I do back but honestly it's a matter of how they handle it. There are very few series I would support this much although Age is one of the few and likely the last I would be willing to support on kickstarter.

I'm surprised how many people are so keyed in on whether they include the sexual content or not.

I personally think Muv-Luv is amazing, but of everything in it, the adult content is by far the least relevant. It's not even particularly well done compared to the caliber of the rest of the content. With G-senjou for example, I don't think you'd have the same product if you took out the adult portion. Muv-Luv might actually be better without it.

The problem is that many times they alter other things besides the sexual content, when it comes from all ages version. For example they redid some of the dialogue in the all-ages grisaia. It is entirely possible that they will censor some *ahem* death scenes in alternative.

People like us were never the target audience for these Kickstarter campaigns to begin with.  Half the funds for the Clannad Kickstarter came from people who contributed at the $85 or higher tier, with an average of $93 (!) paid per backer.  These campaigns are succeeding on the backs of crazy collectors, essentially.

To be fair Clannad does have a massive rabid anime fanbase and Clannad was already a "all-ages" title, but the success of the Grisaia kickstarter (despite daikuma and the all-ages debacle) cleary proves your point.

I would also like to state for the record that I did rescind my backing when I learned that the box-set would be all ages.

An account claiming to be associated with Degica has affirmed that the conditions I outlined above are "doable", and that they'll elaborate before the Kickstarter launches.

This should be doable. We'll make sure this is addressed and properly communicated before the Kickstarter launches :)

Source

Assuming they follow through and phrase this as an official announcement, I see no issue with funding this campaign as an eroge fan.  Having the adult content on the disk isn't super-important to me, especially if it makes the game more accessible.

why don't they include the PS3 in the stretch goals?they will include the production of Vita and PS4 ports which don't even exist yet but won't include the PS3 port which already exists in Japan?

Because the world needs to move on. It's the same reason as to why they aren't porting it for the PS2.