Muv Luv: A Pretty Sweet Visual Novel Series Kickstarter [MILLION DOLLAR BABY]

Down

I agree with their decision to make Alternative a stretch goal. Not meeting it doesn't rule it out completely, it just ensures that they can more reliably get their baseline goal of releasing Extra/Unlimited and chances are those will sell well enough to fund Alternative anyways. But also chances are, they will pull in the $240,000 necessary for Alternative so it's a moot point.

How many people are going to want to fund a project that MAY result in the game they want getting released?  I'm certainly not going to pledge to such a project until I'm 100% certain Alternative will be released.  I'm risk adverse.  I'm hesitant to contribute to such a project in the first place, as I find any amount of financial risk for the sake of a game essentially intolerable.

Photon Melodies + Photon Flowers - $720,000

R.I.P Side Stories :(

Atleast we get straight confirmation for 18+ content.

Q: Will you introduce the 18+ content later on?
A: Yes, we will provide a patch for this. Specifics will be given at a later date.

I wish they would erase Android release and put side stories for 500k :/

I still think it's gonna hit 400k somehow.

Kinda sad with the stretches, it looks like they want to milk some huge amount of money out of this, well w/e it's just my opinion.

Clannad/Grisaia's KS looked different :|

Oh, and if they had to include Kiminozo it would be a 1,500,000$ stretch goal probably xD

>Alternative as a stretch goal

Haha, fuck them. Well obviously it's gonna meet the goal but it would be absolutely hilarious if they didn't. Nobody wants to play Muv-Luv without Alternative. If the campaign is too far from the 240k goal around the end everybody will retract their pledges.

Anyway I guess I'm in for 150$ + whatever it takes to get the artbooks and maybe a fig or two...

muv luv without alt is just a waste of time, having alternative as stretch goal says a lot about how they are doing business, this is not a company I want to support.

This isn't really an ideological issue.  It's just a business strategy that could help or hinder them.  I don't think it's a very good strategy, but unlike the 18+ issue I wouldn't hold the decision against them either way, although sticking to Alternative as a stretch goal would force a Prisoner's Dilemma situation I think.

This isn't really an ideological issue.  It's just a business strategy that could help or hinder them.  I don't think it's a very good strategy, but unlike the 18+ issue I wouldn't hold the decision against them either way, although sticking to Alternative as a stretch would force a Prisoner's Dilemma situation I think.

It is a business strategy that can backfire them by the end, although i'm pretty sure that people will still support it and it will reach the stretch goal (your prisoner's dilemma make sense but i still think that people will support it no mater what) this again is something that you wont see very often in a campaign of kickstarter, very few can take the liberty to do something like this and still have a chance to be funded.

May as well make the initial goal 250k at this point. MLE/MLU are not actually worth reading without the grand finale. I believe just merging the two goals at 250k would increase the amount of pledges, considering it would be all or nothing. Now you kind of have to just hope that like-minded fans will donate beyond the initial goal.

With all the collectors junk they have shoved up the butt of this kickstarter the 250k will be an absolute joke. I don't really understand why people are afraid that this goal wouldn't be met. Maybe if humans were logical, thinking, reasonable creatures that could actually make good decesions on where to put their money, maybe this would have a effect. The bottom line is that the MuvLuv fanbase is rabid and unreasonable, I will be shocked to my fucking core if the 400k stretch goal isn't made by the end of the first week.

Muv-Luv  4 minutes ago

Thanks for the feedback everyone, both Muv-Luv (Extra+Unlimited) and Muv-Luv Alternative will now be combined as our starting goal, and VITA will replace Android as a stretch goal (it will also help support an official Japanese release)! The page will be updated soon.

Just hurry up and get the kickstarter up, it should have been up already.

Well, delays are common in VN Localization business :D 

Good thing, that they listen to crowd. People wanted VITA, and no android, they changed it. People wanted to start with guaranteed ML + MLA (250,000$) they listened.

I hope they'll change tier for Photons but chances are very slight...

And the delays are probably, because of communication, it probably looks like this: Degica asks JP Age for something, they need to talk about it, and officialize it or deny it, then they answer to Degica.

And there we go, couple days later. And somewhere in between theres also JP ixtl.

KS will still probably start in Sept.

I hope they'll change tier for Photons but chances are very slight...

In all honesty though, I don't think Photons is really anything to get worked up about. Granted I havn't read many of the sidestories (some altered fable routes and chronicles 1). Altered Fable had some ok vanilla fanservice, but chronicles left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. "Chicken Divers" was amazingly pointless and the first chapter of "The Day After" left me foaming at the mouth mad.

you do know there are native english speakers who have been living and working for years in Japan as translators that have probably dominated the Japanese language,right?At least,I hope that's the case...

Sure, but you don't normally say a non-native person is "from" a particular country in these kinds of cases. Like, if I moved to Japan, I'd still be "from" America. The language used implies that their translators are Japanese natives. 

Huh? I just saw this on Reddit and it seems insane to me.

Sekai Project is going to translate Muv Luv  & it's sequels to English, and they need a Kickstarter to do so. But...it's been translated for years. Why not work off of that translation? Aquire it from the team? I'm sure they'd be happy to as long as they got credit. Muv Luv & It's sequels are not short games by any means, even with a professional company, it will take a long time and a ton of effort, when an already incredible translation is out there, QC'd and all.

I loved Kickstarter a few years ago, now I am just depressed by it.

Huh? I just saw this on Reddit and it seems insane to me.

Sekai Project is going to translate Muv Luv  & it's sequels to English, and they need a Kickstarter to do so. But...it's been translated for years. Why not work off of that translation? Aquire it from the team? I'm sure they'd be happy to as long as they got credit. Muv Luv & It's sequels are not short games by any means, even with a professional company, it will take a long time and a ton of effort, when an already incredible translation is out there, QC'd and all.

I loved Kickstarter a few years ago, now I am just depressed by it.