Muv Luv: A Pretty Sweet Visual Novel Series Kickstarter [MILLION DOLLAR BABY]

Down

22 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

They didn't want to license MLA without Kiminozo, the negotiation stalled and then amaterasu released the patch.

No, that's not what happened.  Age couldn't license MuvLuv at the time due to licensing issues involving other companies.  Where are you even getting these ideas from?

3 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

Good news!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1558462

Seems like only gameplay (how to call it? xD) is cropped, CGs are in fact enlarged! Or at least, some of them are...
Firsts are from original release, seconds are from Steam gallery.

I do not know what that "Steam gallery" represent now, but second screenshots are 800x600 and are definitely 100% identical to the original MuvLuv CG. So it seems they just put old CG in that gallery and that's all. It would not be this way in the game.

2 hours ago, Decay said:

Muv luv uses a dynamic camera that is constantly panning and zooming around the scene. The conversion from 4:3 to 16:9 shouldn't hurt it much as long as they script it right.

Can I nitpick? I love to nitpick. So I'll nitpick. So here it comes. :D

I've seen some footage from Extra, PS3 version, with 16:9 ratio and was comparing to footage of PC version, 4:3.
And that dynamic camera (while being really awesome system) was making a lot of unnecessary movements just to fit sprites in frame, not only when Takeru was moving his head.

But new version will have highly updated engine, so I'm sure it'll be fine. ;)

10 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

New menus, yay! I don't like it. First - Kasumi doesn't look as she looks in game, which is a shame, cause she's best grill of Unlimited, and second -

Hide contents

this is a bit spoilerish.

Originals below. They had a better 'impact' I must say. But whatevs, it's nitpicking. ;) 

Hide contents

001.jpg
621.jpg

your stuff under spoilers doesn't work, and iirc, Kasumi looks about the same. Meiya looks more frowny than usual though.

9 hours ago, MFrost said:

your stuff under spoilers doesn't work, and iirc, Kasumi looks about the same. Meiya looks more frowny than usual though.

THEY DO NOT?! :pyaa: Oh, FFS, now what Scorp said make sense to me.
Thanks for info, I'll correct them immediately. 

19 hours ago, Scorp said:

I do not know what that "Steam gallery" represent now, but second screenshots are 800x600 and are definitely 100% identical to the original MuvLuv CG. So it seems they just put old CG in that gallery and that's all. It would not be this way in the game.

Everything should be working now, check again. ;)

12 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Everything should be working now, check again. ;)

What I supposed to see? I saw them before just fine.

Seems you did not got what I told...

This CG (800x600px, 4:3) is from 2003 first 18+ version of Muv-Luv. 

This CG (1022x600) looks like cropped version of Xbox360 remake, and it would be used for steam release I suppose? (as link goes to Steam?)

So what is expanded? Nothing, just cropped original version CGs from top and bottom.

41 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Not really. Look at Mika, or Meya at the roof, or Sumika in the window. There is much more image at sides. 

Not much, comparing to how much was cutted out on top and bottom. Anyway this looks same as was in Xbox360 version and in 2014 re-release. I do not like how most of girls have cutted haircuts and legs, so original 4:3 is best for me. Alas no one in age really want to know my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1627584

We've just sent out Steam Keys for Muv-Luv to all of our Kickstarter backers! If your order included a digital or physical copy of Muv-Luv then keep an eye out for an email from Backer Kit. This key will activate Muv-Luv right away and will include the bonus wallpaper pack. This means you can start playing Muv-Luv tonight (a full day before the official Steam release)

Muv-Luv Unlimited is now accessible from the start!

Degica, ixtl, and age-soft agreed that the second part of the trilogy, Muv-Luv Unlimited, should be available from the very start of the game, instead of forcing players to go through two specific routes of Muv-Luv Extra to unlock Muv-Luv Unlimited the way it was originally designed.  

The parties involved felt it was best to give players the choice to either complete any routes in Muv-Luv Extra and/or dive straight into Muv-Luv Unlimited if they wish to do so, and so it will be available from the very start.

I still don't want my Collector's tier stuff anymore...hopefully it's worth something on eBay or something.
Did they ever say when there will be a release date for that btw?

also, the Steam ver that's up is the All-Ages version, right? (never used or been to the site, no idea how it works)

30 minutes ago, MFrost said:

also, the Steam ver that's up is the All-Ages version, right? (never used or been to the site, no idea how it works)

Actually everything what is on KS supposed to be all-age. Steam version is all-age, sure.

Almost very begining of the game, so no spoilers. 0:37 in this video, Sumika says 'Baka baka baaaka bakabaka baaaaka'.
(look out, because this arsehole on YT is streching every 4:3 ratio vn for his videos, because he's retarded and I quote him 'I just cant stand the boxy look.')

Ixrec translation:
"Idiot idiot idiooooot, idiooot idiot idiot", just your typical translation of baka.

New translation, or as I should say 'The one and only proper way of translation everything, change as much as possible to fit for (as translators assume) dumb US audience speach patterns and culutural references, because people are dumb and they don't understant anything different; otherwise simply known as 'localisation'.':
O9rOv0q.jpg

What the hell was wrong with simple idiot? 99% of 'baka' translations put 'idiot' as a replacement for 'baka'. But mighty MuvLuvTranslationTeam knows better what hamburger eating steam user otaku fan would prefer to read here.

If I see more examples like that I will probably never read this version, and stay with Ixrec, if I ever want to reread muvluv series.

Yeah, I like my salt in big amounts, thank you.

30 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

What the hell was wrong with simple idiot? 99% of 'baka' translations put 'idiot' as a replacement for 'baka'. But mighty MuvLuvTranslationTeam knows better what hamburger eating steam user otaku fan would prefer to read here.

I'm not in on how the Muv-Luv retranslation went, but assuming that they didn't look at Ixrec's version, it's entirely plausible they may have just picked "stupid". There's no direct translation. They mean the same thing. It doesn't mean they changed it for the sake of changing it. Their translator might have associated 'baka' with 'stupid', which is entirely plausible. Who says their translator had ever translated the work 'baka' before?