Steam Summer Sale!

RinXD

In case anyone doubted the power of Steam sales, Eden's discount has contributed $30,000 to the Supipara fundraiser. And the 60% discount still has some time left. They're probably going to reach the $100k goal by the end of the sale, and it alone will have contributed half as much in two weeks as Eden's entire first six months. 

If My Heart Had Wings is region-locked :( I guess I'll wait until I get back to the US to buy these things anyway. Buying Eden at full price will support it more than buying it on sale, and I plan to get all the Steam VNs anyway to support the cause.

Edit: I was playing the click game for a while until I realized that it was super pointless because I'm not even planning on buying anything during this sale.

I'm gonna buy Eden* again on Steam, because why not.  Then I'll feel slightly less stupid for buying the 18+ version because I thought it was the original  :sachi:

EDIT: Aaaaand my reign of stupidity continues.  Apparently MangaGamer gives you a free Steam key when you buy Plus+Mosaic or the original Eden* from their site.  If anyone wants it, PM me, I'm not gonna be using it.

It's gone, someone PM'd me for it.

FML

Fucking hell, the only option I had left was going to the mall near my school, and it wasn't open when I went there, so I couldn't use the ATM there either. The ONLY possibility left is to see if the ATMs that were broken on Sunday on Friday, but before that I will try to convince my parents to help me buy just this one game.

edit:

AND GUESS WHAT IS ON THE FUCKING DAILY DEAL TODAY ;_;

Civ 5 complete edition because original Civ 5 sucks. Seriously the game became so much better with the DLCs. But as someone said earlier. I recommend Endless Legend too. A really solid and fun game. If you ever heard about Endless Space this could be for you. 

Today's flash sales were horrible. Gaben is failing so far.

I already regret buying Valkyria Chronicles, the story is kind of fun and the heroine is cute so I'm sad to drop it but the game is just too based on luck. The enemy gets more moves than you, they tend to have more accuracy and they don't waste movements while you would take extra interception fire. And there aren't any difficulty settings.

The eden* revenue boost is amazing. It must be all the anime fans most of who never played a visual novel but saw an anime-styled game on Steam.

I already regret buying Valkyria Chronicles, the story is kind of fun and the heroine is cute so I'm sad to drop it but the game is just too based on luck. The enemy gets more moves than you, they tend to have more accuracy and they don't waste movements while you would take extra interception fire. And there aren't any difficulty settings.

The eden* revenue boost is amazing. It must be all the anime fans most of who never played a visual novel but saw an anime-styled game on Steam.

I think you just suck at it tbh. The only issues I ever had with the game were certain bosses

I never felt like Valkyria Chronicles was luck based, it feels more like trial and error to me. I had to restart almost every stage at least once to not get wiped out by unpredictable events, like reinforcements coming from an unexpected direction and so on. And most of the time it's really hard to adjust to the changing situations. (I'm also really bad at this game)

Valkyria Chronicles is the kind of game were you need to move slowly and carefully, and cover all of  your units to avoid casualties.

Or you can just use orders to buff Alicia and break the game.

Audiosurf is on sale, both games.  To get or not to get?

100% Both of them are fun but I much prefer #2. It is one of my favorite games and I play it frequently ^_^ Audiosurf 2 just got fully released not to long ago as well.

I have bought HuniePop + soundtrack, USF4 (PC), Skull Girls DLC, and I really really want RE: Operation Raccoon City to go on sale. A lot of stuff I wanted to pick up but no $$$. May be able to get a few more depending on the price but no guarantees. 

IF I have any money left over I will be buying a fighting game bundle, which one still needs to be determined. IF I do go through with it I will be doing a give away on the Fight Club thread. The most likely contestant as of now is King of Fighters but that may change.

In an RPG mood. Does Hyperdimension deliver in terms of story or is it namely fan service?

Flash sales are fixed. IMHHW is 66% off, at $5.09. The F.E.A.R. Collection is 75% off, at $13.74, but strangely the original F.E.A.R. isn't discounted at all, so if you buy anything, just get F.E.A.R. 2 and its DLC, the third one is supposed to be terrible.

The third one isn't scary - a.k.a people call it terrible. The shooting mechanics and story is a hell of a lot of fun, at least to me. If you are looking for a genuine F.E.A.R experience then only 1 and 2 deliver.

In an RPG mood. Does Hyperdimension deliver in terms of story or is it namely fan service?

The third one isn't scary - a.k.a people call it terrible. The shooting mechanics and story is a hell of a lot of fun, at least to me. If you are looking for a genuine F.E.A.R experience then only 1 and 2 deliver.

To the point I got to, no, it's mostly just jokes, which are admittedly pretty good.  If you're looking for a serious story, do not buy a Hyperdimension game or you'll be severely disappointed.  It's absolutely hilarious, though; Compa says "desu" just about every other line and they make fun of consoles and the console wars excellently.

To be fair, if a horror/FPS combo game isn't scary, then didn't they kinda fail completely?  :P

To the point I got to, no, it's mostly just jokes, which are admittedly pretty good.  If you're looking for a serious story, do not buy a Hyperdimension game or you'll be severely disappointed.  It's absolutely hilarious, though; Compa says "desu" just about every other line and they make fun of consoles and the console wars excellently.

To be fair, if a horror/FPS combo game isn't scary, then didn't they kinda fail completely?  :P

I'm not sure if they were going for something scary though. WIth co-op, survival modes, and you PLAYING the guys that were supposed to be the ones scaring you in the previous games, it seems like they were pulling a RE5. RE5 was an amazingly fun game, for co-op action fans. Capcom went away from the isolation survival feel for the co-op one, same thing in F.E.A.R 3. If you are an avid fan of the first two then of coarse you will be upset with the 3rd F.E.A.R, if you went in expecting a similar experience. I didn't mind the transition though as the story was continued in the universe and it was a lot of fun.

If you don't already own them, The Last Remnant and Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky are the best JRPGs on Steam.

If you don't already own them, The Last Remnant and Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky are the best JRPGs on Steam.

I heard Legends of Heroes is either unfinished or the rest of the games are not translated, so I'm trying to stay away. I may check out The Last Remnant, but I don't think it's what I'm looking for. Mostly want a narrative driven game with game play elements. Would that still be an RPG?

I heard Legends of Heroes is either unfinished or the rest of the games are not translated, so I'm trying to stay away. I may check out The Last Remnant, but I don't think it's what I'm looking for. Mostly want a narrative driven game with game play elements. Would that still be an RPG?

With Trails in the Sky, It's a little of column A, a little of column B. The Legend of Heroes franchise is a sprawling series with many entries, most of which are not translated. Most of the entries are a part of smaller sub-series that tell their own tale disconnected from the rest (but still set in the same world). Trails in the Sky is not the first LoH game but is the first good one to be translated, and also a really good introduction to the setting. It's also a two-part sub-series, with part 1 being translated and part 2 being released in english later this year. It's really, really good and a strong narrative experience with solid RPG gameplay. It doesn't end on that big of a cliffhanger, imo, so you shouldn't be worried about playing it without the sequel being released yet. 

If you want a narrative driven game with some gameplay (but not much, not enough to be obtrusive) then maybe you want Telltale's recent games. Start with The Walking Dead Season 1. It's phenomenal, one of the best narrative experiences in the history of games. Requires zero experience with the setting going in. 

edit: Also, your steam link doesn't seem to work. Make sure you're inputting the username used in your profile link and not your current display name. I found your profile anyways and I see you've played TWD. Well, try Trails in the Sky, it's a solid RPG. It will probably be 50% off at some point in this sale.

edit: Also, your steam link doesn't seem to work. Make sure you're inputting the username used in your profile link and not your current display name. I found your profile anyways and I see you've played TWD. Well, try Trails in the Sky, it's a solid RPG. It will probably be 50% off at some point in this sale.

I am waiting for TWD Season 2 to go on a larger sale. As for my steam link I inputted my actual username but it still doesn't work :/