Can you recommend me stuff?

Naoe

So a couple of things i'm looking for is. . .

I would prefer it if it had an english translation or even one made just in english. it doesn't matter.

A mostly happy story. I don't want an entire sad story. I mean a bit of it is okay but not the whole thing.

Um. . . i believe that's all i'm looking for, for now.

OH! it doesn't matter if it has H scenes, EXCEPT if they do, that it's not so long that it gets boring.

VNs that I finished:

Majikoi
Majikoi S

Clannad (Technically)

Currently still on:

Majikoi A-1

Well, that's actually quite a lot, but if you wish you may try ToHeart 2, Konosora, Dracu Riot (3 of 4 route were already translated), Little Busters, Noble Works, and Koichoco. I think those games had happy moment quite a lot (Although I didn't know about the sex scene though), but sometines it still had some drama. Well, hope my recommendation help and had fun.

15 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Well, that's actually quite a lot, but if you wish you may try ToHeart 2, Konosora, Dracu Riot (3 of 4 route were already translated), Little Busters, Noble Works, and Koichoco. I think those games had happy moment quite a lot (Although I didn't know about the sex scene though), but sometines it still had some drama. Well, hope ny recommendation help and had fun.

13 minutes ago, Asonn said:

G-senjou no maou
Sharin
Comu
Grisaia
Rewrite
Planetarian
tokyo babel
Root double
Katawa Shoujo 
Dra†KoI
Narcissu
Yume Miru Kusuri

Thanks guys ill look into them.

14 minutes ago, Naoe said:

I don't care much about nagisa.

Fair enough, I suppose

Well then, I'd love to make some recommendations, but you basically just described almost every translated VN ever

What do you care most about in a VN? (art, music, characters, writing etc.) And what kind of those respectively do you like?

Do you want it to be short and efficient, or long and effective? 

what kind of themes do you enjoy?

I could go on like this forever. Details plz

1 hour ago, Naoe said:

A mostly happy story. I don't want an entire sad story. I mean a bit of it is okay but not the whole thing.

47 minutes ago, Asonn said:

Yume Miru Kusuri

Pls, this is one of the most depressing VN's I have ever read. Might as well tell him to go read Kara no Shoujo

10 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

Fair enough, I suppose

Well then, I'd love to make some recommendations, but you basically just described almost every translated VN ever

What do you care most about in a VN? (art, music, characters, writing etc.) And what kind of those respectively do you like?

I could go on like this forever

Um. . . Just give me a minute.

1 hour ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

What does technically mean?

EDIT: also, If you can handle the sadness in Clannad, I bet you can handle pretty much anything

Oh I just seen this edit.

Well it wasn't easy. It made me angry a few times though. I was like "what the fuck why would this happen? This is stupid!" Lol

I feel like Kotomi should have been the true story. 

10 minutes ago, Naoe said:

Oh I just seen this edit.

Well it wasn't easy. It made me angry a few times though. I was like "what the fuck why would this happen? This is stupid!" Lol

I feel like Kotomi should have been the true story. 

I was mostly referring to after story, though I agree that Kotomi's route was by far the best out of the entire school life part, I loved it

If you liked that route, you might like Planetarian, since it was written by the same person (also, it's short, it sounds good, looks good, has a very unique kind of story and atmosphere and is without a doubt my favourite thing. Ever.)

Spoiler

The ending is kinda depressing though

6 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

I was mostly referring to after story, though I agree that Kotomi's route was fantastic

If you liked that route, you might like Planetarian, since it was written by the same person (also, it's short, it sounds good, looks good, has a very unique kind of story and atmosphere and is without a doubt my favourite thing. Ever.)

Ooh nice ill check it out!

Also sorry not to complain more about Clannad, but I felt like Ryou was screwed over. Just saying. Okay ill stop now. xD

8 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

^

That. It's amazing.

Also, you should check out Eden* if you like planetarian. Slightly similar feel, and the story is just so, so beautiful.

1 hour ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

Fair enough, I suppose

I could go on like this forever. Details plz

okay so

I think i like characters and the story. Sometimes the story is what makes a character who they are. Like depending on how that goes i make my decision on who i like more. - For Majikoi its Yukie. For Clannad its Kotomi.

eh what do you mean by efficient and effective here?

And by themes do you mean settings? like if the vn took place in a school.

34 minutes ago, Naoe said:

eh what do you mean by efficient and effective here?

And by themes do you mean settings? like if the vn took place in a school.

well, a good VN in my opinion is entertaining, interesting, compelling or perhaps even life-changing. 

It can be good if it is short, yet very cleverly-made, hence efficient

Other (good) VNs manage it by taking all the time and money they need and generally, that means they are much more effective in the end, but also, to some people, boring.

As for themes, interpret it any way you like. School, fantasy, sci-fi, slice of life, historical etc, though it could also mean theme in the way that family is the central theme of Clannad.

Do you think you have enough that you want to read for now?

I don't think it's good to have too much stuff to read at the same time. Just take one thing you like the look/sound/idea of and read it. 

21 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

well, a good VN in my opinion is entertaining, interesting, compelling or perhaps even life-changing. 

It can be good if it is short, yet very cleverly-made, hence efficient

Other (good) VNs manage it by taking all the time and money they need and generally, that means they are much more effective in the end, but also, to some people, boring.

As for themes, interpret it any way you like. School, fantasy, sci-fi, slice of life, historical etc, though it could also mean theme in the way that family is the central theme of Clannad.

Do you think you have enough that you want to read for now?

I don't think it's good to have too much stuff to read at the same time. Just take one thing you like the look/sound/idea of and read it. 

i see, and don't worry about it i'll be fine. Also i keep this in mind since im going to attempt to make a vn!

One thousand lies.

4 hours ago, Mugi said:

At least Narcissu has some happy moments, YMK is one large depression fest until the end of each girls route. 

what? narcissu is a hard utsuge, it has 1 "happy moment" at most in the whole vn, it doesnt have comedy, romance just pure sadness and emotions.

Spoiler

when you are taking the photo in the bridge and is not even really happy because setsumi is a bit uncomfortable and the main character too since well he knows she is going to kill herself and he is going to die soon too and they are not a real couple

while YMK has a lot of good moments and is full of comedy too.