2014 Japan copyright infringement law shutting down sites

Emries

kind of sad to see gogoanime go offline, i used to use it a lot, now i download just about everything from horrible subs.

And before we get into the copyright/ pirate lecture let me inform you of this:

1. I live in holland

2. this means i cant watch everything from crunchytroll

3. if i want to watch everything without ad i would need to pay

4. Paying the full pound for something wile not getting acces so everything is a ripoff!

5. I am Dutch, so I am stingy

6. I will not willingy and knowngly let myself get ripped off!

that about sums it up, nice and rude. :wahaha:

Hola and Adblock. Once you go Adblock you never go back. Not that I use any of these of course, that would be like wrong or something.

I feel like playing devil's advocate here and reminding that just because you can't get something legally doesn't mean you're entitled to get it illegally.

Illegal availability of anime, movies, music etc... is a fact, a paradigm. From there you need to assume the choices you make. There's no need to rely on muddy arguments for the sake of self-comforting.

I feel like playing devil's advocate here and reminding that just because you can't get something legally doesn't mean you're entitled to get it illegally.

Illegal availability of anime, movies, music etc... is a fact, a paradigm. From there you need to assume the choices you make. There's no need to rely on muddy arguments for the sake of self-comforting.

A hungry man tries to buy an apple from a street vendor.  The shopkeeper is away at the moment, and he doesn't know when he'll be back.  So he swipes it anyway.

A man somewhere in America copies an HD movie off the internet.  That same movie is available for $9.99 over at the Wal-Mart down the street from him.

A man somewhere in America copies a movie off the internet.  The movie is only sold in Japan.  Because it has no subtitles, it is inaccessible to him language-wise (luckily, someone subbed the movie so he can watch it)

All of these are illegal.  That doesn't mean they are the same.

All of these are illegal.  That doesn't mean they are the same.

Never said so. I purposefully avoided the example of the man stealing food.

Doesn't change the fact that culture is a luxury and not something you are entitled to. I can't call the argument of non legal availability anything else but murky, hence why I call it a trick to make yourself think what you're doing is right.

Never said so. I purposefully avoided the example of the man stealing food.

Doesn't change the fact that culture is a luxury and not something you are entitled to. I can't call the argument of non legal availability anything else but murky, hence why I call it a trick to make yourself think what you're doing is right.

You used the word I was waiting for... "right."  I assure you, there is no trick in those examples I used.  What is "legal" and what is "right" have never been quite the same, and never will be.

What is right depends solely on the self while what is legal is determined by the society. Something that's right for one person might not be right for the rest of the people. Though rules and laws are determined by the society where you belong. What's more important for each one is up to them to decide facing the possible consequences of their actions. Everyone have different ideologies and opinions.

We're going too much into the field of philosophy in here...

Ahaha, hit the wrong button. Damn awkwardly placed "quote" button.

What’s right is subjective and fluctuates depending on the world-view of the individual. It’s really pointless engaging in an argument that laws aren’t “just” or “right”, because there is no such thing. Laws are about order, stability, and creating a society which functions. Some legal systems do this better than others.

If you wish to do something illegal, then you are free to attempt it. Just don’t complain about the consequences if you get caught, and don’t complain that the world is making it harder for you *shrugs.*

*shrugs*

I don't know why they are trying to take down these sites, it seems more or less like a waste of time. More sites will come up faster than they will take them down, more time and resources will be wasted, and people will continue pirating, and why shouldn't they? There are such little consequences to pirating (unless you are going around openly selling whatever you are getting and making an idiot out of yourself) because the only people that ever get hit are the sites hosting the pirated content, I mean when was the last time an individual that was torrenting something from TPB got caught? Unless they start taking action against the people downloading the illegal content, people are going to just assume that that there are no consequences to doing this and get whatever they want. But of course they aren't going to do that, because nailing every single person down would be way too much work, and they would undoubtedly spend more money then they would make back, and that's not even considering the money it would cost to keep millions more people incarcerated.

Nyaa is like the PB. It's immortal. Like a cat with a dozen thousand lives. Proxy lives.

For good or bad, nothing and no one can't stop piracy, it's like that flavour text from

a MTG card:

263.jpg

*just replace "Krosa" with "anime sites"

* Yes, I am a MTG geek :P

If we were to show this to the Japanese government, they would understand. This post could save them so much money.

you are right in a sense, that is why i do make sure to buy the occasional boxed set to support the industry.

(so long as it is avaiable for a reasonable price and without the batshit stupid shipping costs i so foten see, so it has to come from within europe)

This does not make it legal, nor does it make it neccesary right, but it does not make a a problem either.

And besides someone has got to nail it into the old farts heads that the way they want to do buseniss is from the stoneage (much like the music industry)

(funny how the game industry moved along with time much faster than any other industry and that the music industry is still wanting to deny reality)

We really need a steam for anime.

While I'm extremely skeptical that something like that would work with video streaming, I am curious if people are able to reliably view Erogamescape with such proxy addons.  I currently use web-based proxies that periodically go under, forcing me to hunt for another one.  It's annoying to have to jump through hoops just to view a single site.

KissAnime is still up. Thats where all the best Old anime is at.

I have a legit crunchyroll subscription since I can read the latest manga on it as well which is hella good value if you have a 10.1 tablet.

But yeah Japan has fucked itself by not making its anime available sooner, most people pirate from what I've heard.