Angel Beats! Translation?

Just thought I would share this with all of the people who downed on the idea of fan translating Angel Beats 1st Beat

https://forum.kazamatsuri.org/t/angel-beats-1st-beat-translation/1197

I'm willing to bet that the entire Angel Beats VN gets fan TLed before Sekai Project sets their sights on it

I don't understand why people insist on doing this. Such a waste of effort and talent that could go towards something that won't get translated by someone else no matter what. Oh well.

I don't understand why people insist on doing this. Such a waste of effort and talent that could go towards something that won't get translated by someone else no matter what. Oh well.

I just don't think that saying "this is going to get an official localization someday" is enough to deter fan translators from picking up a project that they are interested in. If its something that they enjoy doing, nobody has the right to say its a waste of effort. 

I just don't think that saying "this is going to get an official localization someday" is enough to deter fan translators from picking up a project that they are interested in. If its something that they enjoy doing, nobody has the right to say its a waste of effort.

Despite that, I don't really get why so many people are interested in Angel Beats vn ._. So much hype when there are relatively better untranslated ones out there

Despite that, I don't really get why so many people are interested in Angel Beats vn ._. So much hype when there are relatively better untranslated ones out there

Because "muh key virsuel nervels", obviously. Doesn't matter how good a VN is if only 1 person read it and can't convince anyone else to do the same. It's as much about popularity as it is about quality.

He says about the yet to be released VN.

I didn't mean that it is actually better since I didn't read it and I won't judge by the anime but lemme say something else: why would people be so keen on translating something like angel beats which is not fully released yet (according to what I understand, I might be ignorant thou) and I guess if I am right, then as Flutterz said : it's popularity rather than quality

I didn't mean that it is actually better since I didn't read it and I won't judge by the anime but lemme say something else: why would people be so keen on translating something like angel beats which is not fully released yet (according to what I understand, I might be ignorant thou) and I guess if I am right, then as Flutterz said : it's popularity rather than quality

never underestimate the tremendous power of a roaring hype train...raging fanboys gone all kyun can be quite scary at times like this, you know

Hype is done before release. Judging quality is done after. I can easily finish an anime or VN which I've hyped in a day or two, but stuff recommended to me as "a masterpiece" but that I don't think will be that great can be much harder to enjoy.

Basically, hype's a really good seasoning. Though it can also ruin your experience if the VN is genuinely bad.

Well, let's just say that they brought it on themselves if they end up getting served with a cease and desist order.

Though on a more serious note, can SP even legitimately send one to them without the license which they obviously don't have at the moment? 

Oh and from what I've heard of Kud Wafter it's just a bunch of h-scenes. 

Though on a more serious note, can SP even legitimately send one to them without the license which they obviously don't have at the moment?

My law degree is from Wikipedia University, but I'm pretty sure they can't. They can send a warning that they'll send a C&D I think, but once again, Wikipedia University.

Oh and from what I've heard of Kud Wafter it's just a bunch of h-scenes. 

no they cant, BUT considering their partnership with key & therefore beeing interested in their games, which also includes the newest title(s), i wouldnt be surprised if they inform key about some ongoing halflegal fantl project, which might endanger their own future plans in licensing said game & as a result urging them to c&d whichever fan group directly.

i mean buiseness is war & you have to take whatever measures to ensure your companies success