unique vn

ezyo22

Well there is loads if different reasons you could come up with for considering any VN unique, you could go by story, gameplay, art, ect.. Along with that generally as long as you avoid the standard "X guy is going to high school with a harem of girls" or "X princess/valkyrie/space pirate has been captured by a totally evil demon prince guy who is going to rape her with orks and tentacles!" then chances are you're going to get an original story. I'll list a few standouts:

Song of Saya, MGQ series, Katawa Shoujo, Kana Little Sister, Narcissu, and Ever 17. 

Well there is loads if different reasons you could come up with for considering any VN unique, you could go by story, gameplay, art, ect.. Along with that generally as long as you avoid the standard "X guy is going to high school with a harem of girls" or "X princess/valkyrie/space pirate has been captured by a totally evil demon prince guy who is going to rape her with orks and tentacles!" then chances are you're going to get an original story. I'll list a few standouts:

Song of Saya, MGQ series, Katawa Shoujo, Kana Little Sister, Narcissu, and Ever 17. 

The story in g-senjou isn't particularly unique, and neither is the art...

I'd say try Liar Soft's Steampunk games. For VNs, the setting is very unique, and they change up the art style in every game. A very interesting series. You can start with Sekien no Inganock. Their other translated games are pretty unique among VNs as well.

I'd recommend Yu-No. It's unique in several ways, the first being it is the only VN in the top 94 on vndb from the 90s, originally being released in 1996 (I counted; it's 23rd best of all time going according to the Bayesian-adjusted score, and 95th is Kannon from 1999). It has a very interesting and unique way of telling the reader its story since it's a VN adventure game, so you can interact with objects and things you see around you. It's also quite complicated as a result and it branches out a LOT. The visual walkthrough for the game is here... yeah. I would highly recommend using the vndb walkthrough if you want to preserve your sanity and/or will to live if you're bad at adventure games (like me). Also, because it's from the 90s, the art style is quite old but not in a bad way. It's very interesting to see how VNs have evolved since then. Finally, because everything is branched, there are quite a number of differences between the stories told in each route.

Anyway, I'm nearly done reading it at the moment, and although it did take a little bit to get into, I've had a lot of fun with it. Being one of the highest rated VNs on vndb, it can't be that bad!

I highly reccomend Umineko. The reason in terms of uniqueness is that it has this sorta meta-narrative and that it doesn't outright tell you the answers to the mystery. Alot of it is up to reader interpretation, and that its almost like "three stories hidden in one" type of thing. Plus the premise is pretty unique in  itself, narrative structure aside, and the music/characters are amazing. 

Unique is pretty broad... But using my idea of unqiue, I would direct you to Forest or Cross Channel.

go for MGQ series, though you might find it bit weird at the beginning, its story is really great & loved its colorful characters + their development throughout the game. all hail to the loli kitsunes!

Praise be to the fluffy tail!

hmmm..... what should i say.......

When one person read countless of VN and variety of genre ............

"unique art or unique story" ?

soon of later ......opinion change  "each have their own unique" or "everything plain" ..... something like that happen.... ( i guess)

(Ps: forgive me if the post offense someone)

(ever my recommendation get shot down by Decay-san, i just recommend unique "route" ..... i guess he right ..... i recommend wrong vn i guess)