Character Hairstyles

Nosebleed

I thought long about this topic. At first I just thought about it and I came no conclusion. Then I tried to remember my favourite characters and their hairstyles and I discovered that I don't remember them at all. Well, of course, I can remember Honoka and Mashiro but then the rest is really hard. So the conclusion from this is -> No I don't prefer any hairstyles. The heroines I like are more a profile of their characters than of their appearance in my mind.

That was really surprising for me, because I always thought I'm a facile and shallow person :D

I found something out while thinking about this fairly intriguing question. I seem to like a character when their personality and looks match in a certain way:

If they have a cute/moe, bubbly or ditzy personality, they should have short hair 

fkb90m.jpg

2ppg9ee.jpg

If they have a rather serious, sophisticated, shy or tsundere-ish personality I prefer long hair.

2mzm62d.jpg

2zem98y.jpg

As long as this is the case I don't care :D

I don't think hairstyles is that important. However, I find girls with messy/disheveled hair to be really cute. Like, Usami Haru from G-senjou no Maou and Shiina Mashiro from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, for example:

Nzts0.jpg

mashiro-shiina2.jpg

I also like ponytail with ribbon (or whatever it's called).

7mHE9.jpg1647406.jpg27_2s.jpg

I don't really like straight bang either. They just look... weird. For me, at least.

if i were asked this question in the early stages of my anime life, i wouldnt of answered well..
If i was asked half way through i would say blonde hair for some unknown reason, i have found that 80% of my favorite characters have blonde in it..

victorique_19933.jpg

tina_sprout_59744.jpg

saber_fate_stay_nigh_3497.jpg

cagalli_yula_athha_328.jpg

But at the current "me", i would say short hair around shoulder length. as for the color it would probably be light, like light blue to white..Example like Ayanami Rei and Eureka..

as for the question itself, Yeh i think characters are distinguished by their hair..but if i find that there personality is on the down side then that affects the final opinion.

I like tsundere, but I don't particularly like twintails. It's an eternal struggle. (On a side note, I also like older, emotionally mature characters, but I don't like huge boobs, and older characters have huge boobs every. single. time., even when it doesn't make much sense.)

The only archetype that's in perfect harmony with my tastes is sporty/tomboyish characters and short hair. I happen to like both!

I'm not too keen with hats on girls. If I had to choose any hat, it'd have to be a fedora though.

On topic, hair's definitely an important factor for myself. It's one of the most defining parts of a character. Personally, I don't have much of a preference, except I've never ever ever liked a girl with her hair tied back.

Hairstyles affect my initial judgement of how attractive the characters are. On girls, it's long black hair mainly, although it doesn't have to be Haru long; beyond shoulder-length is fine. Mainly single-ponytail and not put up. Twin tails are a negative factor. Hats are okay if they're cute enough, and I love baseball caps myself so although I haven't really seen a heroine with one, I'd totally understand.

On guys, short hair definitely. Short hair, a little spiky, any colour. Less preference there, I guess.

if you're watching anime just for the artwork there is a problem just my opinion though

I'll certainly respect your opinion, but I believe people would understand why you would see something for the artwork.

See manga, for example. If the story is substandard or short, why do people keep reading them? Artwork. The artwork is great, and so we keep reading them.

Hats make girls more cuter.

Hmm, adding girl with beret hat in my list then~

I'd say it does, hats can be cute too.

Do hats count as a hairstyle? Cause if so, a girl with a cool hat gets bonus points in my book! 

Indeed, a hat is a very important factor to note during the character evaluation.  

As an example; Let's turn this bland, boring waste of screentime...

2sprXuX.png

... into a far more appealing waste of screentime: 

9BksVFG.jpg

:angel:

Okay, seriously: I love hats. Especially if the character in question only wears it at appropriate times (like as part of an outdoor outfit, or during the winter-chapter or something like that).