Stray Cat's Holiday Baking Giveaway

Stray Cat

First of all:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

One-Piece2016.jpg

Now, let's get things started (yes, Ren isn't the only one who can do these).  It's almost time for the holidays, and I don't know about the rest of you, but one thing I associate with the holidays is great food. So in honor of that, I will be holding a baking competition.  The rules are quite simple:

1. Bake something.  This should be something holiday related/themed.  It does not have to look entirely festive, although it is encouraged.  If anything appears to be store-bought it will be disqualified, but using pre-made mixes (Betty Crocker, etc.) is acceptable. 
  2. Take of picture of the item you baked, with a handwritten copy of your username.  Then post the picture along with a short blurb on why you chose to bake that item and why you associate it with the holidays. 
  3. The winner will be chosen by random selection. 

Now, of course, what's a giveaway without a prize right?  So, the prize will be this: $20 to spend on any Steam VN you desire.  If My Heart Had Wings, Planetarian, Hatoful Boyfriend, these and many more could be yours.  Any combination or multiple items works as well, as long as the sum total is $20 or less.

Full List Here: http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Visual%20Novel/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

All submissions must by the new year (midnight on the 30th of December PT), so you all have plenty of time to bake your hearts out.  

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night. 

I'll be honest here, I misunderstood it so much you wouldn't believe it.

I thought you were supposed to take a photo of a photo where you signed over it. Something like that.

The kind of thing common sense wouldn't let through but since I lack any kind of semblance to common sense I somehow come up with this kind of stupidity.

So I had a ton of extra time tonight, and decided to get my entry in sooner rather than later.

qmxTnnD.jpg

Because I didn't feel like baking for my entire family, I just made a giant snickerdoodle. It wasn't the best cookie I've ever eaten, but it got the job done. I picked this recipe because for me, the holiday season is all about cinnamon. Seriously, I put it in my drinks, on my cookies, and pretty much anywhere else it'll fit. So why not bake a cookie that has cinnamon in it? 

Is it okay if I swindle my sister into helping me? or maybe some friends?

Well I can't really say no to holiday family bonding can I?  As long as you do most (if not all) of the work.  You're on the honor system here though.

Good job Suika.  I'm quite fond of those as well.   :xmas:

Just so people are aware, this is the kind of thing I'm expecting to see.  There's not need to go overboard and make a giant four-teired cake.

Pancakes however....well I don't know what might happen to the person who enters something like that.  :upupu:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. It's a little too late for wishing Merry Christmas to you all, but I can say Happy New Year to everyone (^u^)/

It's nice that you made this giveaway, Stray Cat (unfortunately I missed Ren's one).

And I'm posting my entry, which is... poppy-seed cake!

Why this one? Because year after year we have on Christmas this cake (two or more pieces, because we have big family xD).

This year I made this by myself, and... I'm proud of that ^u^

I know, that photo is a little darken - unfortunately, I'm not the best photographer... :<

And, here it is:

dJ4L9M8l.jpg

Have a good night, and again - Happy New Year!

Where you actually expecting the demographic that frequents this forum to be able to cook? Much less pastries?

I'm just surprised no one evidently stole a Christmas dessert, added a note and took a photo.

There's that, and I think the new trading rules with Steam that just happened last week really threw a wrench in my plans.  But I can't really do anything about that now.   :shrug:

Where you actually expecting the demographic that frequents this forum to be able to cook? Much less pastries?

I'm just surprised no one evidently stole a Christmas dessert, added a note and took a photo.

I baked gingerbread man cookies last week, but decided against posting them since they barely resembled men, ​and more like amorphous blobs.  :wacko: