References in VNs to other works

Snowtsuku

The goal of this thread is to post several references on the visual novels that we read. The purpose is for the lulz, trivia or to understand why it was added as a dialogue. I might have to skim through several VNs I've played to collect more screenshots but these are the ones I have at the moment.

I'll add some later. Feel free to contribute.

Clannad

Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you.

A reference to the short story The Dandelion Girl by Robert Young

Ikikoi

tumblr_my9jmqN7Eh1riskrno1_1280.jpg

Reference to Clannad's Kotomi route

tumblr_mx1jqkl1tB1riskrno1_1280.jpg

Reference to Clannad's Tomoyo route.

Konosora

tUL8Xnd.png

Reference to the song The Rain in Spain from the musical My Fair Lady

Change Log

15-Apr-14: Formatting

This is a picture from Chaos;Head, of the MC room (can't even remember the name of the bastard, not that I care), you can clearly see Otome and Yume from Da Capo II there, maybe there are more but none other that i recognize.

EDIT: Never mind I just saw the girl from Fate/Stay Night, just started reading the VN so I don't know her name either

EDIT2: Oh and Rin is there as well.

Semtiacutetulo_zps04d5df17.png

This is a picture from Chaos;Head, of the MC room (can't even remember the name of the bastard, not that I care), you can clearly see Otome and Yume from Da Capo II there, maybe there are more but none other that i recognize.

EDIT: Never mind I just saw the girl from Fate/Stay Night, just started reading the VN so I don't know her name either

EDIT2: Oh and Rin is there as well.

Semtiacutetulo_zps04d5df17.png

Huh, that's a pretty cool easter egg. The rest are from Nitro+ games basically. Jingai Makyou, Gekkou no Carnevale, Zoku Satsuriku no Django and Demonbane at first glance.

Anyway, the most obvious reference I can think of is the "dream sequence" sort of thing from Muramasa, when random heroines from other Nitro games appear in front of the MC. Even Sonico makes a brief appearance at the end.

Comyu

The kinda obvious reference to Hermione from Harry Potter

ytjQAhj.png

This one I don't know, but here it goes: 

The main character works at a bar, and the Chinese owner is seemingly attracted to him (saying that he swings both ways). This reminds me of Family Project (Kazoku Keikaku), since the MC also works at a bar, and the owner is also a Chinese that wants to, hum, nail him. Both owners seem to have a deep connection to the underworld, and are depicted as mysterious but seemingly powerful people.

gOMMaI7.pngVrWszMH.png

I know there were more references to other games, but I can't remember them right now ;A;

• 6 months later...

In Danganronpa 2, Death Note was referenced somewhere around CH5 (spoilers)

It's when you talk to Souda about the email he found on a computer in the Sea King Industries, when you are first discovering the fifth island.

Killer Queen

Quite interestingly, the collar mechanic's resemblance to Battle Royale's collars were, in fact, used as a plot device in the game in EP2, when the protagonist learns that you actually could mess with the collars to take them off; however, since the collars made everybody think of Battle Royale -where messing with the collars would detonate them- very very few people tried to tamper with their collars (and it is actually mentioned that a few people have managed to win the game this way.)

Not really a reference to other works, but I thought it was cool how Yuzusoft would have cameos of their previous characters from earlier games show up in newer games:

NobleWorks' Kanemoto Akari appears in a background of Dracu-Riot!

1zl6DLt.jpg

~~~
Akari:
aZdx3wI.jpg

Likewise, I heard Elina from Dracu-Riot! appears in the newer AmairoIslenauts.