Fall 2014 Anime Discussion

Kenshin_sama

fate stay night UBW

Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken (cause it's hilarious to me)

Selector Spread WIXOSS

Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu (*tentative)

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru (*tentative)

(SAO2 since that's continuing)

(unsure if I'll add more)

(mainly cause I finally got back on track to watching anime...)

(still rearchiving old series on my exthdds)

Time for more battoru! I'm really stoked that WIXOSS is airing again. Last season opened up so many questions that I want to see answered, and I'm hoping to get just that with the sequel. The first episode was nicely played out, and the suffering continues. ._.

Edit: Just finished watched episode 2 of Terra Formars. Yeah, I'll have to wait on the BDs too. I usually don't mind blood censors so much (I could tolerate the ones in Mirai Nikki), but not when they take up more than half the screen.

Denki-gai no Honya-san: yet another Akiba-glorifying anime. Except this one is not really funny and 20 minutes long. Drop.

Gundam Reconquista in G: The animation on the first episode is. Freakin. Excellent.

Sadly that's about it, since absolutely nothing makes sense in this confused as hell introduction and the direction is a weird mix of 80's techniques and attempts at modernity from Tomino (camera rotations, close-ups), which really doesn't work at all. I guess it's kinda funny to watch. And knowing Tomino it should get better in terms of story after a few episodes.

Log Horizon 2: DATABASE, DATABASE. Much good. Wow wow. Glass adjusting, politic shenanigans and goofing around. Plus a really compelling tease at the end of the episode. I'm really hyped for that season!

And I guess we can move SAO here too now.

The end of GGO is crap. The motivations and identity of the culprits are ridiculous, and the wrap up is a lazy assembly of scenes that try to sound serious but in the end are very superficial. It seems like the author is trying to make it as though the pieces fall together in the end but he just pulls random stuff of which half doesn't even have the decency to be interesting to compensate their coming out of nowhere.

For some reason I'm still going to watch it through to the end. I must hate myself.

I think I sound very negative about this beginning of season, LH excepted :P Hopefully there'll be better stuff, a lot of series have potential.

Denki-gai no Honya-san: yet another Akiba-glorifying anime. Except this one is not really funny and 20 minutes long. Drop.

I think it's too soon to say about the fun. As I said earlier, the introductory episode was quite sucky in doing its introductory job, but hey, who knows, maybe it was just a weak presentation.

By episode 2 (or 3 if the second one shows potential but isn't too good) we'll know for sure.

Database database just living in the dabase wow much glass adjusting 10/10

So GGO ends.

Oh look Jesus Kirito pulls it off again and manages not to die because ...!??!?!

Kirito also can't even introduce Sinon to his girlfriend, Asuna's "just a friend". I guess it's so he can do things with Sinon in secret :Kappa:

He also didn't introduce Sinon to the owner of the bar he's using who's also a friend. Rude.

Overall 6/10 thus far, pretty bad pacing, cool action scenes although the final battle was not the best out of all which was a shame since it is usually meant for a final battle to be epic and this one was mostly just chattering and then just Kirito doing backflips.

Sinon was cool and nicely developed. Kirito was still an awful protagonist but that's the usual. GGO was a nice universe but was awfully explored, as is every SAO universe, I think out of every universe ALO was the most explored one (setting wise).

I don't have many hopes for the upcoming arc since Alicization won't be in SAO 2

We'll see how it goes.

SAO ends with.... nothing... cross fingers for Mother Rosario next week and not jump the gun to Underworld.

And Log Horizon didn't cut corners and went straight to villains in glasses. Wohoo.

F/SN UBW.... I'll watch that later since it's one freakin hour long (expectations are too damn high I'm actually scared).

SAO ends with.... nothing... cross fingers for Mother Rosario next week and not jump the gun to Underworld.

And Log Horizon didn't cut corners and went straight to villains in glasses. Wohoo.

F/SN UBW.... I'll watch that later since it's one freakin hour long (expectations are too damn high I'm actually scared).

Mother's Rosario starts on November 8. First goes the Caliber Arc, which begins the 18 of this month.