Who is Your Favorite Ancient One from the Lovecraftian Mythos?

OriginalRen

As the title of the thread suggests, who is your favorite Ancient One in the Lovecraftian mythos? If you are familiar with the deities, give a reason why you like the one you do. If you have no idea who the Ancient Ones are or are completely clueless when it comes to the mythos itself, feel free to check out the link posted below which has a comprehensive list of all the Great Old Ones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu_Mythos_deities#Great_Old_Ones

For me, I am in love with Nyarlathotep, simply due to the fact that he can take on so many forms. Shub-Niggurath comes in a close second due to her 1,000 dark young, but in the end the Crawling Chaos and his 1,000 masks wins the day.

Nyarlathotep is like the Hermes of the mythos, and in all honesty, is probably the only sane deity of the bunch. Some of my favorite forms he takes would be the God of the Bloody Tongue, the Black Man, and the Bloated Woman.

I would also go with Nyarlathotep. Most of the things I know come from what I learned from Demonbane and a little from Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth so I don't really know much.

Is there a form if Nyarlathotep that you enjoy the most?

I like Zushakon the most. Thoygh Ngyr-Korath is cool too, causing a sense of terror as you approach is appealing. The whole mist thing is bewitching as well~

If you like Korath, you should fall in love with Quachil Uttaus. He is the definition of "approaching fear."

I'll go with Nyarlathotep too.

Not sure if he counts as he's basically Cthulhu's flunky but I also have a bit of a soft spot for Dagon since I kind of have a thing for sea monsters and Shadow Over Innsmouth was one of the first of the stories I read.

Dagon has his own appeal. Innsmouth's setting is always appealing to me.

Ithaqua exists in the Plateau of Leng, which is known for that kind of weird weather. He is in essence a giant yeti-like creature, but nothing is super special about him otherwise.

Lets just say....Demonbane kinda help me to like her/it...since its become a sexy neesan and a revolver.

and i like Yeti too...especially Willump(Nunu's Yeti) from LOL, i wanna hug him.

It was Cthulu at first just because he was the most well known, and parodied. Then Dagon because I had to fight him in the Witcher and it was a really badass fight. After that, well; you're pretty much wearing the Diety as your avatar that I came to love.

In other words, I still need to pick up Lovecraft books and their spinoffs by various authors. 

It was Cthulu at first just because he was the most well known, and parodied. Then Dagon because I had to fight him in the Witcher and it was a really badass fight. After that, well; you're pretty much wearing the Diety as your avatar that I came to love.

In other words, I still need to pick up Lovecraft books and their spinoffs by various authors. 

Or you can play Arkham Horror, the greatest board game of all time.

PS - I have made 1,337 posts. Legit.

my fave is hastur, particularly his avatar of the mouth of truth and the king in yellow, the things that draw me to he who shall not be named, is the pure unknowable nature he represents, his very existence is madness inducing. the very lil that is known about him is mostly from expanded mythos tales.

even so when i read the book the king in yellow by chambers after seeing references to it in lovecraft's works (yes im one of those geeks who looked up all the books and texts and beings in the mythos tales as he read them) i fell in love with the strange otherworldly atmosphere and mystery of the king in yellow and the yellow sign.

then when the expanded mythos tales came to my attention i read as many as i could and the ones published for the call of Cthulhu rpg featured and expanded him a lot and connected him to hastur my fave of lovecrafts mythos and i have been a fanboy of them ever since.