My Visual Novel/Dating Sim Reviews

mattroks101

Before I go any further, if this is not the right place to post this, or I'm breaking some rules by making this thread, I'd like to apologize in advanced.

Hey guys, short time lurker and first time poster. Big fan of the community here and glad that VN fans can have a place to talk about stuff :D. Anyway a while back I started doing reviews of games, originally I didn't intend for it to be VNs/Dating Sims but as time has gone on I've found myself covering them more and more. 

I try to do quick, informational but entertaining reviews that give a recommendation as to whether or not you should try/buy the game. Dunno how successful I am though.

Without further ado here's a link to one of my favorite reviews

Here's a link to a more recent one

And here's a link to just the playlist of my VN/Dating Sim reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDnxyteDY65xn5vY3OKXWaQlKFnaQzKIA

It should be noted that I've reviewed other types of games, they're just in the main playlist.

Anyway I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions about how I could improve, or games I could cover.

You should leave making reviews to someone who knows what he is talking about, in your Sakura Spirit review you said that it doesn't have a good graphic witch is one thing is certainly does have and you said you can finish it in one hour if you don't read any text!?! Forget reviewing how can anyone who knows what a VN is say that, I mean you are basically saying you can finish a book very fast if you don't read any text, I mean seriously WTF!

Oh, I watched your reviews before. Your thought on Sakura Spirit and Go Go Nippon are completely same as mine XD

Admit it you didn't listen to it all he said you just heard that he is hating on games you don't like and that's all.

You should leave making reviews to someone who knows what he is talking about, in your Sakura Spirit review you said that it doesn't have a good graphic witch is one thing is certainly does

I suppose it's a matter of opinion when it comes to art most of the time. I found the art in Sakura Spirit to look utterly dumb. Their breasts were huge and everything else looked incredibly impractical. I have no idea how half of those chicks clothes managed to stay on specifically this girl.

ss_31ed0df74d5a8e741a2c90da18cce9d16f2ca

How do her breasts stay up without a bra? How?

Still there is no denying that the art is the best thing in the game. Certainly better than the writing.

As for the other part.

and you said you can finish it in one hour if you don't read any text!?! Forget reviewing how can anyone who knows what a VN is say that, I mean you are basically saying you can finish a book very fast if you don't read any text, I mean seriously WTF!

I was trying to illustrate how short of a read it was. It really can be completed in two hours. I did it. I read the whole thing in two hours. And it probably doesn't even take an hour to "not read it" I was just trying to be funny. Obviously I failed but it's what I was going for.

I suppose it's a matter of opinion when it comes to art most of the time. I found the art in Sakura Spirit to look utterly dumb. Their breasts were huge and everything else looked incredibly impractical. I have no idea how half of those chicks clothes managed to stay on specifically this girl.

It's an anime style it's not meant to seem realistic, I mean we also have eyes that are bigger then RL people have and smaller nose then RL people have, but that's Anime style you can't complain about it being what it is.

But ok let's skip to Go! Go! Nippon review you said protagonist overreacts over everything like vending machines and toilets, you said what country doesn't have vending machines and who would get excited over them, well let me tell you that there are many countries that don't use vending machines including my own and I would probably found interesting seeing them in RL if I didn't know about them before. You also say no meter what country you are toilets are toilets noting to get exited over them but it's exactly because it's something that exist anywhere but at a same time are so different from the usual ones you are used to seeing, as even small every days things are so much different then what you are seeing in your own country that you find them interesting. Ok I agree that he still does reacts stronger then what would RL people reaction be, but that's in order to find it more interesting to read, I mean would you really found it more interesting to reed if protagonist reaction was just "oh that is nice" and that's it.

It's an anime style it's not meant to seem realistic, I mean we also have eyes that are bigger then RL people have and smaller nose then RL people have, but that's Anime style you can't complain about it being what it is.

But ok let's skip to Go! Go! Nippon review you said protagonist overreacts over everything like vending machines and toilets, you said what country doesn't have vending machines and who would get excited over them, well let me tell you that there are many countries that don't use vending machines including my own and I would probably found interesting seeing them in RL if I didn't know about them before. You also say no meter what country you are toilets are toilets noting to get exited over them but it's exactly because it's something that exist anywhere but at a same time are so different from the usual ones you are used to seeing, as even small every days things are so much different then what you are seeing in your own country that you find them interesting. Ok I agree that he still does reacts stronger then what would RL people reaction bee, but that's in order to find it more interesting to read, I mean would you really found it more interesting to reed if protagonist reaction was just "oh that is nice" and that's it.

Well man, I'm just gonna chalk this up to you and me having different tastes. I thought Go Go Nippon and Sakrua Spirit weren't very good, and kinda stupid, and so in my review I said I thought they were stupid and I outlined reasons as to why.

Obviously you don't agree with my opinions on either game, and that's fine. You don't have have. :) Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

ss_31ed0df74d5a8e741a2c90da18cce9d16f2ca

Was pretty funny, and well made, no annoying amateur mic, nicely timed jokes... You got yourself a new follower! :)

However, I'd recommend you to put some sort of disclaimer at the beginning of your videos to show that what is said is purely your own opinion and that you do respect the work that has been put in creating the games you're reviewing! Also, keep in mind that it's a thing to say "I didn't like it / I hated it", but it's a completely other thing to say "It's shit / It's atrocious". The first one is totally fine, the second one might be a bit aggressive and should be used only when really you think it's so bad that everyone would agree with you (and trust me, it happens way less than you could think).

Was pretty funny, and well made, no annoying amateur mic, nicely timed jokes... You got yourself a new follower! :)

However, I'd recommend you to put some sort of disclaimer at the beginning of your videos to show that what is said is purely your own opinion and that you do respect the work that has been put in creating the games you're reviewing! Also, keep in mind that it's a thing to say "I didn't like it / I hated it", but it's a completely other thing to say "It's shit / It's atrocious". The first one is totally fine, the second one might be a bit aggressive and should be used only when really you think it's so bad that everyone would agree with you (and trust me, it happens way less than you could think).

Advice duly noted. Thank you.

I was wondering when you were going to join. And since no one said this already:

WELCOME TO FUWA!

I've personally been following you for a long time. So I'll just ask a couple of things I'm curious about first:

1.Do you only play games on steam?

2.Why do you mostly review very low quality games? You have the potential of becoming a big youtuber if you go for the big stuff.

3 Why are they always bad games?! (I kid, I kid)

4.You don't torrent games, do you?

5.Do you have any interest in trying Japanese made VNs? Since all the ones you've reviewed so far are made in the West.

But nevertheless, you are indeed one of the funniest youtubers I follow. Keep up the good work! And I hope you enjoy your stay in this website ^_^