Teach me about Vocaloids

Chewy

From what i know, Vocaloid is a Voice program that when you input words or letters, a computerized voice will sing or say it out for you..and as for the Group Vocaloid the Singers...they are individual computerized singers taht sing songs made by various people... The singers are like Miku, Gumi, Luka, Ren and so on. if i recall you need that particuler singers profile to be able to use there voice in Vocaloid...I had Vocaloid once but i think mine was a African-American female voice from what i could tell.. Anyway thats all the info roughly i know of..
Ps. Gumi is best^ i agree. (Dark Gumi Better)

From what i know, Vocaloid is a Voice program that when you input words or letters, a computerized voice will sing or say it out for you..and as for the Group Vocaloid the Singers...they are individual computerized singers taht sing songs made by various people... The singers are like Miku, Gumi, Luka, Ren and so on. if i recall you need that particuler singers profile to be able to use there voice in Vocaloid...I had Vocaloid once but i think mine was a African-American female voice from what i could tell.. Anyway thats all the info roughly i know of..

Ps. Gumi is best^ i agree. (Dark Gumi Better)

Particular singers profile?

Vocaloid, the software, is a non-freeware voice synthetizer that uses premade voicebanks to create lyrics.

Vocaloids, the characters, are a concept art that's attributed a voice bank created specifically for that vocaloid and thus songs featuring that voicebank are by default sung by the character the voice bank is attributed to. Kind of like when an anime opening/ending is sung by one of its characters and in the actual single it says it was sung by the character.

A voicebank, as the name suggests, is a collection of sounds created by a single individual for that particular vocaloid.

They pronounce all the kanas (hiragana and katakana) and record them, after which they are likely edited, and then everything is coded and exported as a voicebank for a particular character.

When you want to make lyrics you just type in the kanas for the words you want and edit the pitch, tone, duration, etc. to make it sound how you want.

There's many vocaloids, but IA is best vocaloid.

That is as best as I can explain it.

To follow up on previous descriptions, there's a number of different vocaloids, all with their relatively unique voices. Hatsune Miku was the original, and shizzle became popular due to a few groups' productions. Supercell is a pretty swell example, and a number of their songs are quite well known. These days, there's plenty of more vocaloids, usually accompanying their own nuanced style of music.

-visit vocaloidotaku.net and spend some time browsing through the forums, they talk about the software, the characters, the music, the videos, the games, etc.

-watch youtube videos.  there are a lot of them...even if you restrict yourself to just Miku Hatsune (I recommend this), there are a lot of them...

-if you have a PSP or PS3, have a look at "Project Diva"

-if you have a PC, have a look at "Mirai no Kimi to Subete no Uta ni"

-visit vocaloidotaku.net and spend some time browsing through the forums, they talk about the software, the characters, the music, the videos, the games, etc.

-watch youtube videos.  there are a lot of them...even if you restrict yourself to just Miku Hatsune (I recommend this), there are a lot of them...

-if you have a PSP or PS3, have a look at "Project Diva"

-if you have a PC, have a look at "Mirai no Kimi to Subete no Uta ni"

Thanks Mirai no Kimi to subete no Uta ni was fairly short and so were the sequels played them before but they didnt say much about the vocaloids themselves.

Gumi is best vocaloid. The end.

^ That's his opinion.

--

Wikipedia. Hatsune Miku is the first character to be presented in 2D/3D. Then the freaking thing seriously exploded back in 2007-2008 and that's where everything else came from it. Project Kagerou, Black Rock Shooter and a lot of other crap out there. Vocaloid holds a record of the most-created albums in the world with thousands of albums.

I purchase a lot of Vocaloid goods. I have a lot of FIGMA figures of Hatsune Miku and the soon-2013 Racing Miku with her awesome looking bike. I love FIGMA and Miku is my favorite character. She's the first one to appear from the Vocaloid family and the first 'sound' as well (there's a song for 'first sound' in the link I provided below) - fact. She's my favorite.

Oh, and you can watch the concerts. The 2010 concert - first one that came out - was sold out very fast and its what really got me into loving Vocaloid. Because of the lyrics, practically speaking.

Be sure to use CCCP codec package with the player it comes inside of it.

Edit -- Here's where I get my songs from - MikuDB. I have it RSS to Vocaloid, only.

You can download a shit-load of albums from [no linking or mentioning torrent sites]. The 1440 is the one I have. I also have another, and extremely large folder that's separate from the 1440 albums that I downloaded long ago. And all my new downloads are inside another separate folder. I have a staggering weight of 13000+ songs from just downloading on and off over the past year of just collecting stuff.

^ That's his opinion.

--

Wikipedia. Hatsune Miku is the first character to be presented in 2D/3D. Then the freaking thing seriously exploded back in 2007-2008 and that's where everything else came from it. Project Kagerou, Black Rock Shooter and a lot of other crap out there. Vocaloid holds a record of the most-created albums in the world with thousands of albums.

I purchase a lot of Vocaloid goods. I have a lot of FIGMA figures of Hatsune Miku and the soon-2013 Racing Miku with her awesome looking bike. I love FIGMA and Miku is my favorite character. She's the first one to appear from the Vocaloid family and the first 'sound' as well (there's a song for 'first sound' in the link I provided below) - fact. She's my favorite.

Oh, and you can watch the concerts. The 2010 concert - first one that came out - was sold out very fast and its what really got me into loving Vocaloid. Because of the lyrics, practically speaking.

Be sure to use CCCP codec package with the player it comes inside of it.

Edit -- Here's where I get my songs from - MikuDB. I have it RSS to Vocaloid, only.

The 1440 is the one I have. I also have another, and extremely large folder that's separate from the 1440 albums that I downloaded long ago. And all my new downloads are inside another separate folder. I have a staggering weight of 13000+ songs from just downloading on and off over the past year of just collecting stuff.

Woah thanks for the detailed reply.

This is what I needed to those people who asked me why I don't use google. Google doesnt link me directly to some of the best sites. Thanks Tatsujin