Visual Novel Trivia Month!

OriginalRen

Welcome to Visual Novel Trivia Month!

rMNbPbD.png

Aschente! Welcome to visual novel trivia month, a series of game related questions testing your knowledge on the one thing we all love and adore. Strap on your thinking caps Fuwanovel, and be prepared to dive into a game that will put your skills to the test.

The goal of the game is simple: identify the visual novel or character being asked about in a series of 40 different trivia questions. The more questions you get correct, the more points you'll earn. It is up to you or your team to answer as many questions as you can and work your way to the top of the leaderboards. At the end of the competition, the winning individual or team who earns the most points will recieve a very special prize from yours truly.

The festivities won't start for awhile; this is just a preview about what you can expect. With that being said though, let's discuss the themes of each week and some of the questions I may ask.

Theme #1 - Quotes:

KzPy5lF.jpg

This set of questions will test your knowledge about specific quotes and dialogue found in visual novels. Do you remember any of Sachi's words of wisdom from Grisaia? What is Kud's famous one liner? It is your job to identify the game and the character who is speaking based on the given text.

Theme #2 - Voices:

xCqlmB7.jpg

This set of questions will test your knowledge about character's voices in visual novels. For each question in this theme, I will play a series of voice clips from a random game. It is up to you to identify the visual novel and character who speaks each line.

Theme #3 - Music

jeBwQ6z.jpg

This set of questions will test your knowledge about original soundtracks in visual novels. For each question, I will play a series of music clips from a random game. It is up to you to identify the game it comes from, where bonus points will be awarded if you can correctly identify the name of the song in each question.

Theme #4 - CGs

08mOIkr.jpg

This set of questions will test your knowledge about artwork and CGs found in visual novels. For each question, I will show you a series of pictures from a random game. It is up to you to identify the game it comes from. Initially, I will only post CGs with characters in them to make it easier, however as the questions progress, characters will be removed.

With that said, feel free to start discussing teams if you want to form any. Later this week I will update this post with a team roster and participants who are interested in joining. If you have any additional questions, ask away. Best of luck to everyone, and keep your eyes peeled for when the show is about to begin!

A quick reminder of the rules and the purpose of this competition before we begin:

1. There will be a total of 40 trivia questions. Each week, starting on Monday the 18th of August, I will list 10 questions from each theme in the competition. I will announce said theme each new week so you can have an idea of what to expect before the next set of questions is thrown at you.

2. All questions are to be submitted in person via PM by a designated team captain (which you may choose if you formed a team), while individual players may submit questions on their own. Do not post any answers in this thread! When you submit your questions for the 1st week, please give me a team name or individual name you have come up with if you want to have one for the competition.

3. Once a set of questions is submitted, there is no changing your answers. You are more than willing to ask as many questions as you'd like via PM, but your official answers may only be submitted one time.

4. Questions will always close the same day they opened in the coming week. This means that the 1st week of questions will close next Monday the 25th @ 11:59pm CST. Respectively, the next set of 10 questions will also be posted at this time as well. For that reason, I promise to be on time with the questions and post them as soon as midnight rolls around each new week.

5. Once a week of questions is finished, there is no going back to previous ones. For this reason, feel free to guess on as many questions as you would like as their is no penalty for taking a shot in the dark.

6. To help you out a tiny bit, keep in mind that all correct answers and characters are pulled from Kaguya's list of 50 translated VNs you should read before you die. Use this to help you narrow down your choices if you are completely lost. There are no rules saying you can't play the games to find the answers!

Last but not least, I would like to stress a final point before we begin. While I have done my very best to avoid questions that are not easily found on the internet, I understand that with today's technology in search engines that is near impossible to do. To give you an example, the 1st theme of the competition is able to be searched on the internet relatively easily. For this reason, I am beginning the game with quotes just in case some teams decide to use this to their advantage and cheat to obtain some points.

I am not able to monitor how you do your searches nor how you answer the questions, so I ask you to be as honest as you can and try to have fun without looking up anything if you know it is possible. The point of this competition is to wrack your brains and have you work together as a team to solve the questions, so do your very best without cheating if possible! Hopefully this will be harder to do as the other themes are introduced.

And with all of that, if you have any additional questions, feel free to ask me via PM and I will be more than happy to assist! Good luck everyone, and here we go!

So the prize is something the team can split equally? Or is it a digital thing that you can give to as many people as you want?

It won't be a physical prize this time around, but rather a digital one. My hard copy giveaways will be finished after the crossover and cryptic puzzle games are finished (at least until I buy more visual novels in Japan).

Also, get rid of that Kyubey title before I beat you up you evil person.

In that case I invite everyone who wants to participate to join my team! Everyone's a winner! :ph34r:

Edit: Also, get rid of that Kyubey title before I beat you up you evil person.

If you want to beat me up you'll need to be a bit stronger... Wanna make a contract?

YbE24wS.jpg

Are these questions live/timed in any way? In that case, how long do you have to answer each question?

You will get a week to answer each question in the theme. I will reveal the questions for that week's theme, and by the end of it, you and/or your team will submit all of the answers via PM. Once submitted, you cannot go back and change any.

Interesting, just make sure you do a Google image search of all the CGs, in case people cheat with that

This may be possible for the character CG sets, but finding the background images (which I will be taking screenshots of myself in game) will be a little more challenging, since the internet does not recognize background shots most of the time.

Pretty interesting since i love trivias for vns...

what is the maximum amount of members for a team? 

I would say limit it to 3 at the most. I will let 4 slide, but any more just becomes a huge mess.

I think I'm really interested in this, but sadly I've only read like four popular vns to completion, so it seems like I wouldn't win. Still could be really fun. Also interested in how teams work.

As stated above, single and duo teams are probably going to be the most common, but 3-4 is also allowed. Any more is just a pain.

All right guys, the 1st part of the game is ready to go! With that said, I won't start it until the weekend is finished, so this is the last call for forming any teams. Feel free to post it in here or in a PM. Before I post the 1st set of questions, I will remind everyone of the rules and how the game will work. Good luck!

Buckle up everyone, trivia month is about to begin!

A quick reminder of the rules and the purpose of this competition before we begin:

1. There will be a total of 40 trivia questions. Each week, starting on Monday the 18th of August, I will list 10 questions from each theme in the competition. I will announce said theme each new week so you can have an idea of what to expect before the next set of questions is thrown at you.

2. All questions are to be submitted in person via PM by a designated team captain (which you may choose if you formed a team), while individual players may submit questions on their own. Do not post any answers in this thread! When you submit your questions for the 1st week, please give me a team name or individual name you have come up with if you want one for the competition.

3. Once a set of questions is submitted, there is no changing your answers. You are more than willing to ask as many questions as you'd like via PM, but your official answers may only be submitted one time.

4. Questions will always close the same day they opened in the coming week. This means that the 1st week of questions will close next Monday the 25th @ 11:59pm CST. Respectively, the next set of 10 questions will also be posted at this time as well. For that reason, I promise to be on time with the questions and post them as soon as midnight rolls around each new week.

5. Once a week of questions is finished, there is no going back to previous ones. For this reason, feel free to guess on as many questions as you would like as their is no penalty for taking a shot in the dark.

6. To help you out a tiny bit, keep in mind that all correct answers and characters are pulled from Kaguya's list of 50 translated VNs you should read before you die. Use this to help you narrow down your choices if you are completely lost. There are no rules saying you can't play the games to find the answers!

Last but not least, I would like to stress a final point before we begin. While I have done my very best to avoid questions that are not easily found on the internet, I understand that with today's technology in search engines that is near impossible to do. To give you an example, the 1st theme of the competition is able to be searched on the internet relatively easily. For this reason, I am beginning the game with quotes just in case some teams decide to use this to their advantage and cheat to obtain some points.

I am not able to monitor how you do your searches nor how you answer the questions, so I ask you to be as honest as you can and try to have fun without looking up anything if you know it is possible. The point of this competition is to wrack your brains and have you work together as a team to solve the questions, so do your very best without cheating if possible! Hopefully this will be harder to do as the other themes are introduced.

And with all of that, if you have any additional questions, feel free to ask me this coming week via PM and I will be more than happy to assist! I have copied this text over to the OP in case you need to refer back to it later on during the competition. Good luck everyone, and here we go!

WV2AAH4.jpg

Please identify the visual novel and character from said visual novel who speaks each quote listed below. Full points will be awarded for both a correct novel name as well as character name. Answers will be accepted in English or Romaji. This round is worth a maximum of 10 points.

Question 1: "But you've got to be blond and have twintails, otherwise you won't be recognized as a genuine tsundere."

Question 2: "We should work towards world peace. Like giving everyone an Upa cushion!"

Question 3: "Nma, tsua, chogii!"

Question 4: "What a shame. Even though you were so talented, the fire that formed you was too weak."

Question 5: "Whose eyes are those eyes?"

Question 6: "However, the steel him is far from human."

Question 7: "It means we're using an old guy to take care of all other old guys."

Question 8: "Moe is about nailing a specific look."

Question 9: "Where is Self?"

Question 10: "This rock-fish-kid-chick totally still wants you."