Visual Novel Trivia Month!

OriginalRen

Your voice is a gift. Hopefully it will help you win the competition! Week 4 begins!

Ladies and gentlemen, this is it: the final week of the trivia month competition. Put your heart and soul into this final week of questions and do your best to end the game strong. You've all done an excellent job, and I look forward to seeing you at the end of the road. Good luck, this round won't be easy.

Remember, do not post any answers in this thread! Once an answer is submitted via PM, there is no changing it.

I will post the scoreboard from week 3 in the next day or 2, in addition to some of the prizes people will earn for participating in this competition. Look forward to that!

As a final reminder, week 4's questions will be due Thursday (10/02) @11:59pm CST.

2GG43A0.jpg

Please identify the visual novel and character from said visual novel from which each of these voice clips come from. Questions are uploaded in a playlist on my Mixcloud account which is linked below. Full points will be awarded for both a correct novel name as well as character name. Answers will be accepted in English or Romaji.

Please Note: The 10th and final question of visual novel trivia month is not from Kaguya's list of translated VNs. If you successfully identify the novel and speaker from said novel, your team will be awarded with 5 points instead of 1. Good luck!

Just a question.Even though question number 10 isnt in Kaguya's list is it still from a translated VN ?

Nope! This one is a special final question. ;)

I knew I was bad at remembering voices, but damn.

This is p. hardcore. Well, why not? Let us seeee :P

I am editing question 9 due to the fact that the volume was a lot quieter than I expected when I tried to remove the background music. Sorry about that.

Visual Novel Trivia Month Update - Week 3 Summary:

Sorry for the delay on this update. Here are the correct answers for each question:

Question 1:

Little Busters!

Jf2qBPa.jpg

Question 2:

Muv-Luv Alternative

rULzvgN.jpg

Question 3:

Clannad

G1UCaoW.jpg

Question 4:

Grisaia no Kajitsu

vk0660i.jpg

Question 5:

Kara no Shoujo

z5CjaX0.jpg

Question 6:

School Days

HbvVKGY.jpg

Question 7:

A Profile

O90AZT6.jpg

Question 8:

Swan Song

0SQabxT.jpg

Question 9

Yume Miru Kusuri

VJeQ1IT.jpg

Question 10:

Kimi no Nagori wa Shizuka ni Yurete

mtPF3DD.jpg

Scoreboard Update - Week 3:

7Kxo7ZG.jpg

The results are in, and I have the final scores for visual novel trivia month! I decided to wait for the weekend to finish in order to liven the suspense, and in addition prepare the final bonus round that will truly test your visual novel skills.

Be sure to check this thread 1 final time tomorrow evening, where I will announce the scores and the prizes for those who participated.

See you then!

Friends, you've finally done it. Welcome to the end of the competition!

I would like to give a very special thanks to Kaguya for his dedication and assistance in helping me with this project when he was able. I would also like to thank all of the teams for sticking it out as long as you did. I understand that creating a game of this caliber is an immense amount of work and I know there are days you may have lost your patience, but without you guys, this would not have been possible. That being said, I would like to show my gratitude by providing each and every team custom trophy badges (much like the ones that were used during the award's system before it was removed) that will indicate your participation in visual novel trivia month!

During the recording of a podcast with Tay on Tuesday (10/07), I plan to discuss a method that will allow each of you to receive a trophy badge showing your participation in trivia month. Naturally, the winner of the competition will receive a gold version of this badge. I understand this prize may not be the biggest thing in the world, but I think it is unique and may encourage others to join additional activities (if any) like this 1 in the future.

Once again, thank you very much for all your hard work, and thanks for being so patient. With that, it's time to announce our winner!

Congratulations FuwaIdols!

6aQ1ybR.jpgphoto-7184.jpg?_r=1408700623photo-6650.png?_r=1397934524photo-5580.png?_r=1405340265

You are the winners of trivia month! I would like to give a grand congratulations to your dedication and amount of hard work you put into the competition. Your knowledge of visual novels is far greater than I expected; it was hard to stump you guys no matter how challenging I made the questions. Great job, and keep up the good work!

I plan to post the final scoreboard later this week, so keep an eye out for that. For now though, it's time to enter the bonus round and the final part of the competition...

4ggg3ae.png

This is it. The final 4 questions of the competition, and the icing on the cake; getting these 4 questions correct means there is nothing more I can teach you about visual novels.

Here's how it works:

• There will be a total of 4 questions for the final week of the competition that will test your knowledge about visual novels
  • Each 1 of these questions will pertain to a theme presented during the game
  • Unlike the previous weeks, the material for each question will be pulled from every possible visual novel in existence! This means that the novel is no longer constrained to a list of 50 translated works
  • While this may seem overwhelming at 1st, keep in mind that the visual novels in these questions have, in some way, shape, or form, been addressed or talked about on the Fuwanovel website as a whole. Hopefully, this will help narrow your choices
  • Like all of the previous weeks, responses will be posted in a PM.

Remember, do not post any answers in this thread! Once an answer is submitted via PM, there is no changing it.

Are you the king of visual novels? Good luck everyone!

Quotes:

Please identify the visual novel and character from said visual novel who speaks the quote listed below. Full points will be awarded for both a correct novel name as well as character name. Answers will be accepted in English or Romaji.

世の中には「出来る」ことと「出来ない」ことがある
同時に「する」ことと「しない」こともある
「出来る」「出来ない」の話は結論が出しやすいが、「する」「しない」の話は違う
それぞれの考え方で答えが変わってくる
選択によって人が表現されるということだ

"In the world, there are things that are doable and things that are not doable.
At the same time, there are also things that one does and things that one doesn't.
Although it is easy to draw the line between the former, what one does and doesn't is not so clear.
Through how each and every individual thinks, the answer changes.
A person is revealed through the choices they make."

Music:

Please identify the visual novel from which this 45 second music clip comes from. The question is uploaded on my Mixcloud account which is linked below. Full points will be awarded for a correct novel name. Answers will be accepted in English or Romaji.

CGs:

Please identify the visual novel based on the image pictured below. Full points will be awarded for a correct novel name. Answers will be accepted in English or Romaji.

fseU3Pu.jpg

Voices:

Please identify the visual novel and character from said visual novel from which this voice clip comes from. The question is uploaded on my Mixcloud account which is linked below. Full points will be awarded for both a correct novel name as well as character name.