Twitch.TV beginning to mute Vods with Copyrighted Music

So I know that a lot of people are already up in arms about the Copyrighted Music fiasco regarding Twitch, but I noticed a lot of people seem to be overlooking this other piece of information.

http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/update-changes-to-vods-on-twitch/

Twitch will soon be implementing a new system which will delete all Past Broadcast VODs 12 days after creation. (They're stored for 60 days if you're a Turbo Subscriber or Partner). Highlights will be saved indefinitely, but they will now be limited to 2 hours in length.

'As for existing past broadcasts, beginning three weeks from today, we will begin removing them from Twitch servers.'

There is a Youtube exporter function implemented into Twitch, so if you're a Twitch Broadcaster, I suggest to start importing your videos to Youtube or downloading them if you wish to save them.

SIDE NOTE: There's going to be an AMA on the r/Twitch subreddit on August 7th (10:30 AM PST) regarding these changes.. So I suggest we make our complaints/issues be heard while they're at least willing to listen.

A friend sent me this, things are not looking good for twitch.

Well lol. This is pretty much the doom of twitch. If the people making content on it can't be sure if it's save to work there. They will move to another site.

Google great job lol.

Or? Maybe they wanted this. Stop interest on the site..

Worth considering that the changes only affect VODs.

So anything you stream live won't be affected. Also due to the insane costs of trying to mute live feed, its safe to assume that unless you intend on having VODs it won't matter.

Also pretty sure hitbox VOD service is rather slow.

Worth considering that the changes only affect VODs.

So anything you stream live won't be affected. Also due to the insane costs of trying to mute live feed, its safe to assume that unless you intend on having VODs it won't matter.

Also pretty sure hitbox VOD service is rather slow.

Yea, I know as much, I was just exaggerating because I'm not happy over the change. It just... feels bad. Nothing good will come of this. Or so it seems. I can't imagine things will become more relaxed in the future