Kimanor

Choose. えらべ.  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer anime or manga?

• I prefer anime to manga.
    • I prefer manga to anime.
    • I enjoy both, but I enjoy manga more.
    • I enjoy both, but I enjoy anime more.
    • I enjoy them both so long as there is a loli.

This poll is closed to new votes

This will indeed by a very opinionated topic as seen in the title. However, who cares?

I shall give you my opinion, just don't expect it in the future ok?

Anyways, I have to say manga is better. My reasoning for this is simply because a manga author is not so limited to the decisions of the publisher, while anime studios answer to the publisher and it's investors (meaning the plot could be ruined).

How does everyone else feel? Anime, or manga?

Well technically, animes have more tools.

Mangas : Images and scenario

Animes : Images, animation, music, voice acting, scenario.

I think anime has more tools to make something great.

But since in anime you don't focus on only one thing, the quality is likely to be lower.

It's a compromise.

I personnaly think voice acting and music conveys emotions better than just manga drawings.

BUT if the anime is an adaptation from a manga, it's very likely than the manga is better.

The opposite is also true, most adaptations  -and that's not only restricted to anime and manga - will be worse.

It really depends. Usually I prefer mangas over animes but if I see the anime version first I'll watch that one.

Nisekoi is an example of manga (never wach the anime)

Fairy Tail is an example of anime (altough I ended up preferring the manga over the anime so this example is useless)

Well technically, animes have more tools.

Mangas : Images and scenario

Animes : Images, animation, music, voice acting, scenario.

I think anime has more tools to make something great.

But since in anime you don't focus on only one thing, the quality is likely to be lower.

It's a compromise.

I personnaly think voice acting and music conveys emotions better than just manga drawings.

BUT if the anime is an adaptation from a manga, it's very likely than the manga is better.

The opposite is also true, most adaptations  -and that's not only restricted to anime and manga - will be worse.

I was waiting for someone to say that. Turns out it was said right away,

Anime is better in my opinion. The above arguments solidify my point as well.

There is so much more anime has to offer than manga does. It reaches a broader audience as well. I myself did not start of with manga. I found out about Manga through anime and some searching. 

8mV9VHr.jpg

A good director can make an anime convey emotions just as well as a good manga artist/author can make a manga convey its.

Most anime adaptation from manga tend to lose quality, story wise, from the manga/LN because the story will never be as in depth, because you're not reading, you're watching, it's a different feeling they're trying to achieve. 

The manga on the other hand must rely on dialogue much more as well as powerful pictures to properly convey its emotions, but the purpose of it is to tell you a story as well as it can, giving you, again, a completely different feeling than its anime counterpart.

They can both achieve greatness, it's all a matter of how you use the elements you are given in my opinion.

And needless to say I enjoy both mediums a lot.

I am searching for the truth in what people prefer, and it seems everyone is leaning towards anime. At this rate everyone will fall in...

To clarify things, I said I think anime has the potential to be way better.

Had Anime like Ghost in the Shell or Wolf Children been mangas they wouldn't have been that great.

But most of the time, mangas are done with more care, attention to detail and better illustrations/drawings (which I'm fond of)

So to sum up my thoughts : Pontentially anime is better thanks to the audio and animation, but it actually rarely is.

I'm still waiting for THE anime that will outmatch Ghost in the shell.

Edited by Guest

I prefer Anime for action genres, such as Naruto, Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail, etc.  since the battle scenes are cooler and more epic to watch. You get music, sound effects and all that, and can actually see what's happening (like how fast etc.)

I prefer Manga for horror/romance/slice of life genres.. it just seems to have more feelings portrayed in the way it tells the story, and can also use your imagination more.

Neither. Two separate entities. But eh, I'll play along.

I'll say anime. Manga is great for getting those imaginative juices flowing, seeing things play out in your mind. That's great, I really approve of that because I love reading. However, actually seeing things play out with your eyes and not just your mind, letting things envelop your senses is much better. You're not just seeing with your mind, you're seeing with your eyes, and letting the music and voices create an even wider, more profound picture.

That said, manga has a place, obviously. Manga is great, even if I don't read manga myself aside from Bleach, which is force of habit. It all depends on personal tastes, but if we look at this logically, anime should have more impact than a manga will. But this boils down to how production on both ends of the spectrum play things; how well it's done. At the end of the day, it is what it is. 

It's hard to compare because of how different they are despite being so similar. I usually enjoy more the mangas but there are some anime out there who are amazing, I read a few chapters of Kokoro Connect but I couldn't enjoy it as much as the anime.

It's hard to compare because of how different they are despite being so similar. I usually enjoy more the mangas but there are some anime out there who are amazing, I read a few chapters of Kokoro Connect but I couldn't enjoy it as much as the anime.

There's always exceptions naturally.

I like the immersion you can get from voices and music in animes. However it is also nice to have a constant release schedule like in manga(At least those I have read had it). Not just one season followed by up to multiple years of waiting for the next. Or even; never...

Anime tends to be the prime-time cut of the original manga. Most of the time you can get more of the story's details by reading the manga. eg. Attack on Titan.

So if the story is really good you should look into the manga. One thing manga lacks however is music which can really help build atmosphere.