Playing/reading multiple VN's at once.

Kimanor

As the title suggests, this is something that occurs to me often, and I wish to know if I am not alone in my madness.

Here is an example:

I was playing some Fate/Stay Night and reached about halfway through Heaven's Feel, the final route in the game. I then started up Hoshizora no Memoria for no reason at all. I did in fact finish Hoshizora but then proceeded to begin Shikkoku no Sharnoth, which I got about 3/4 of the way through. It didn't end there. I decided to play a little Kamidori Alchemy Meister, though I stopped at the beginning of Yuela's route. I then started up Syarin (Himawari no Shoujo? I cannot remember the name). I finished it, but then started Ef.

And so here I am, typing this post while regretting all I have done. So many plots. So little time.

It's average i guess. You just got bored of the visual novel and simply went onto another visual novel and probably will go back to that visual novel later, nothing special.

Happens sometime to me too, but i will try my hardest not to read 2 vns at the same time. Kinda destroy the atmosphere IMO. Oh i`m not counting nukige....i always play a lot of nukige.

It's average i guess. You just got bored of the visual novel and simply went onto another visual novel and probably will go back to that visual novel later, nothing special.

It's not the boredom for me. When I hear everyone talk about Mare, I can't help but want to see what all the hype is about. When I see the artwork of Shikkoku no Sharnoth, I can't help but be intrigued.

As for Ef, I just downloaded it to give it a 5-min quickie. However, just about everything in it left my amazed.

Stuff like that.

Honestly I feel most of the enjoyment in reading VNs is being completely immersed in the story, and if you are juggling around different VNs it's hard to remain immersed. So I pretty much never read more than one VN at a time. The few times I did I ended up dropping the earlier one for the newer one. 

Honestly I feel most of the enjoyment in reading VNs is being completely immersed in the story, and if you are juggling around different VNs it's hard to remain immersed. So I pretty much never read more than one VN at a time. The few times I did I ended up dropping the earlier one for the newer one. 

Ahh you are lucky. The fatal mistake I made can only be met with regret and despair.

You should finish Shikkoku no sharnoth, as the story becomes more and more twisted and interesting even in the end.

I want to, and I will after I finish Ef.

Unfortunately, I have been taken in by the world of light novels right now. *sigh...

(plus I got a spoiler for shikkoku, just form youtubing the OP. Stupid thumbnails.)

Edited by Kimanor

No I newer read multiple VN's at once, I prefer to finish one before starting next one. The closer I come to reading multiple VN's at once is if I put a VN on stalled then reed something else and that happened only twice to me and it's because those titles ware very boring and I would had dropped them if my policy doesn't forbid me to. I don't even watch 2 anime at a same time, always finish one before starting next one, with few exceptions like Naruto and that's because that one won't be ending for atleast few more years.

Hoewer there are many other people who do read multiple VN's at once, you just need to check there's IMDB profiles to see that.

No I newer read multiple VN's at once, I prefer to finish one before starting next one. The closer I come to reading multiple VN's at once is if I put a VN on stalled then reed something else and that happened only twice to me and it's because those titles ware very boring and I would had dropped them if my policy doesn't forbid me to. I don't even watch 2 anime at a same time, always finish one before starting next one, with few exceptions like Naruto and that's because that one won't be ending for atleast few more years.

Hoewer there are many other people who do read multiple VN's at once, you just need to check there's IMDB profiles to see that.

I see. 

IMDB?

For my first dozen or so VNs, I read them consecutively, one at a time. Then I noticed that I've read all of the best VNs translated to english and that everything else was way below them in quality, and I kind of stopped caring. I now have like 10 incomplete VNs and it's kind of a mess. My latest accomplishment: finishing a route in Yumina. I'm probably going to spend a while reading some other stuff before going back to that one.

The last VN I read all at once in just a few days was Steins;Gate after the JAST release. 

I want to, and I will after I finish Ef.

Unfortunately, I have been taken in by the world of light novels right now. *sigh...

(plus I got a spoiler for shikkoku, just form youtubing the OP. Stupid thumbnails.)

Ah, i hope that it was not a major spoiler and it don't crush your will to finish this VN.

I can't start a VN without finishing the one I'm currently reading because I know I'll do exactly what you described. The only exception to this is the original Muv Luv.... which I still haven't finished as a result.

Muv luv? That's a surprise. From what I hear the Muv Luv series is good. I haven't played it yet though, and I am resisting the urge to start a 120+ hour journey.

If it's what i think, it's a shame you got spoiled.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=shikkoku+no+sharnother+op            This link is evil. Scroll donw and view all the thumbnails to understand.

Muv Luv Alternative is good if it's Extra he's talking about then no it's not good.

Really? What about the first one?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=shikkoku+no+sharnother+op            This link is evil. Scroll donw and view all the thumbnails to understand.

Really? What about the first one?

The only spoil i see is the ... between ... and .., but even it's a minor spoiler, if you didn't saw the video.

The only spoil i see is the ... between ... and .., but even it's a minor spoiler, if you didn't saw the video.

But the anger... the nudity... Well, I can somewhat imagine it.

Even with he spoiler though, I plan on reading Shikkoku once I'm done with Ef, which should be soon.

But the anger... the nudity... Well, I can somewhat imagine it.

Even with he spoiler though, I plan on reading Shikkoku once I'm done with Ef, which should be soon.

I'm pretty sure that even with that minor spoil, you'll like the following.