What type of music are you all into ?

Kaguya

I figured I couldn't be the only one.

Although they've only done a teeny tiny bit of jazz, MuteMath has to be my favorite artist.

A close second is Sigur Ros. I find their music ethereal and on a different level that any other modern artist I know of.

I have this awesome collection of touhou jazz covers that I love

• 3 weeks later...

My tastes are pretty varied. Right now what I listen to most is probably various forms of light rock but I don't limit myself to that. I used to be a big time metalhead in my teens but right now I've pretty much moved on from metal, I guess? I still listen it every once in a while but it doesn't do nearly as much for me as it used to. 

One thing I don't really listen to at all is foreign language music. I guess I just like understanding the lyrics, even when I'm not intently listening to them. If it's instrumental, then obviously it doesn't matter where it comes from.

Mostly experimental/ambient/industrial (The Legendary Pink Dots, Coil, The Moon Lay Hidden Beneath A Cloud, Death in June, Current 93, that type of thing) or folky, singer-songwriter stuff (Tindersticks, Tom Waits, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Elliott Smith, etc). I like a lot of different music though.

Yep. Sure his voice is gruff, but you're not gonna get that tone with screaming yourself hoarse. Ive known some guys who'll smoke, take shots, or eat something salty before going on stage to make there voices sound more rough or gutteral though.

I'd find it more likely that he sings a good portion of his set list before performing just so his voice wears out a bit.

Well... that could be true. I've never screamed myself hoarse before, so I couldn't say. I like rough voices a lot but mostly in rock, personally. There some good stuff on the Voice of China. Some good Adele covers I like

It feels horrible when you scream yourself hoarse.

It's like you can't reach the stars anymore.