Favorite Video Games of all Time (Excluding VNs)

solidbatman

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

I played this for the first on the PSP. The sidescrolling gameplay combined with Alucard's abilities made the experience lots of fun. It has a fantastic soundtrack and a lot of enemy variation. Being able to gradually fill the map of the castle took a long time but was very satisfying. The sense of progression is done well and by the end I felt as if the characters abilities had grown to a decent level. It's also one of the few games where I always notice something new with each playthrough.

Pokemon Soul Silver

Reason: This is the best pokemon game i've ever played. the original version introduced so many new, now standard mechanics to the series and has the best soundtrack of the entire series (this I will defend to the death). Also, nostalgia, Silver was the first game I ever owned and I've played it so many time I've lost count. The remake remained true to the original while updating in enough to feel like a new game elevating it above the standard remastering formula nowadays (the inclusion of an item that allows you to listen to the original music sealed the deal for the remake).

Honourable Mention: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Reasons: Spyro 2 is the only game I have ever played that I cannot find a fault in; good story, good characters, fun side-quests that actually matter while providing plenty of challenge for both young and veteran gamers and a score that will forever remain one of my favourites. 

(Excluding games that are VN's or have VN elements, because it's otherwise Virtue's Last Reward, which is a VN)

My favorite game of all time: Portal 2

Why? An engaging story, wonderful gameplay, beautiful setting. Flawless characters which made me enjoy the story immensely even though I was spoiled even my first time around.

The gameplay is not as minimal as Portal, but still feels fresh and diverse. There's now user level support, so one can pretty much test for an indefinite amount of time. 

And I still haven't completed co-op...

Runner-ups (no particular order):

System Shock 2

An absolute masterpiece on survival horror and FPS/RPG in the gameplay department. You can play through it at least three times (as Marine, Navy and OSA) which will all be incredibly different experiences. Throw in a spaceship, logs so detailed that the fanbase has pinpointed the identities of at least half of the corpses found in the whole game, mods as long and diverse as the game (just google System Shock Infinite), a thought-provoking story, a long campaign...

This game is borderline flawless.

Bioshock

The story and tale of Rapture, like its spiritual predecessor System Shock 2, is beautifully woven. The gameplay, while not satisfying on paper, is surprisingly addictive. The story doesn't stand up to Infinite's, but the lore is beautiful in its own right. Most gameplay elements have a place in the story, though your decisions don't do much. There are quite a lot of ways you can play, and the level design is incredibly beautiful. 

Dead Space

Seeing a pattern? Yes, I love "get the fucking hell out of this derelict place which is scary as hell but also filled with interesting things to the brim"  games. The upgrade system, the lack of a HUD, just how fun it is... Dead Space is another series I love (the second and third games kind of suck with the story though, and Isaac isn't likable in 2 or 3 at all) but it's beneath the other three masterpieces in this list.

I'm kind of a video game hipster, many games (especially open world ones) are games  I find very boring: Skyrim, GTA, CoD, etc. 

The Walking Dead: The type of Interactive Story I wish there was more of. Crisp writing and dialogue, choices which affect your journey in emotion producing ways, high production values and a post-apocalyptic setting. MORE PLEASE!

Final fantasy X

I love the aspect of Racism,Religion,Believe and ofc Love.

For example Wakka.

His believe for his religion and hatred towards Al-bhed,changing around the game. And its really amazing how he become in the final.

And ofc if we r talkin about FFX thats mean Tidus X Yuna is the first thing we remember. One of the best couple in whole gaming world and my god...that scene in Macalania woods, such a beuty scene for old game.

When you're playing blitzball, you gotta think about blitz and nothing else. If you do, that's when you lose

It's a boring answer, but really, Super Mario World. I can infinitely replay it as many times as I want and still have fun. Some good romhacks for it, too. Maybe my second favorite is Civilization IV. Another game I will literally never get sick of.

Huh, I actually got that on Steam when I purchased M&M X, which really wasn't all that great compared to the M&M I played, which was Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer. I should play VI at some point.

As for my favourite game, I have several and which one is the favourite depends on my mood. I guess right now it's... Captain Claw.

Dat boss music

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Zelda has been my favorite game series for as long as I can remember. Majora's Mask takes the cake though because it has the best dungeons (Stone Tower Temple OMG!) and the game is entirely focused around the world it takes place in more so then other Zelda games. Their are so many side quests and I think this is also the Zelda game with the most pieces of heart. The 3 day cycle was actually I really great mechanic, it was awesome that everyone had a schedule and a place to be instead of just sitting around all the time. The transformation masks were also a great game mechanic, for N64 that's some mind blowing shit. The game is also the darkest Zelda game out there by a long shot. It's anything I could ever want in a Zelda game and more. 

I (used to) play a lot of Fifa Football Games.

Yes, you can hate on me all you want but I am actually a big football/soccer fan.

I always enjoyed playing Fifa but also playing football in real life and also watching football clubs play.

But then out of nowhere animu and mango happend...

I had turned in to a useless, fatass weaboo

That's the story of my life

Anyways, since I have discovered Visual Novels I've been fapping a lot lately I have been playing considerably less video games including Fifa.

But on days when I feel like playing Videos Games I usually play Fifa games.

Happened to me too. Animu, mango and a heart condition, that is, but that's beside the point.

Say, were you old enough to like football games when Actua Soccer was still a thing?

Sorry dude but I've never played Actua Soccer before. After doing some research on it I've found out it's a very old game.

I mean Alan Shearer as the cover star... that game has to be old :D

I actually never played 9. I guess that one is even worse. But 8 was pretty damn bad and had real low review scores. After 8 and 9, it was no wonder the series died out for over a decade. 

You see, I can never believe in review scores anymore when it comes to gaming. One of the my favorite gamecube games was Yu-Gi-Oh Falsebound Kingdom, but it had some pretty bad reviews last time I checked it. Then again, it was mostly the critic reviews of it that were low. Almost all the user reviews were positive.

MM8 and 9 were pretty.. nyeh though. Reviews are not wrong there.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite video games are

Final Fantasy VII

FIFA 15

GTA: Vice City

Dead Trigger

Alien Shooter 2

and so on...

Alien Shooter 2 by Sigma Games? 

Wow, I thought I was the only one who knew about that game.

The first game in the series is getting a PS Vita port, totally buying that.

some of my favorite game collection ,......

Fatal Frame .
 Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly .
 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented .
 Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen .
 Fatal Frame: Oracle of the Sodden Raven .

and  "so on other game"

Sometime i always ask myself ,

"why you always playing that something you always scare (ghost) ?"

only answer always came to my mind .....

"stupidity never cure" ..........yNfL1.gif