Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

I don't know, do you like Nico?

Is Nico your one and only object of worship? Then yes it's worth it.

As faar as stats, she's a really nice addition to any smile team.

If you however don't care for Nico then you may skip on her.

And event ranking works with event points. The more points you have the higher you'll be in the ranking. To get points you need to collect event tokens to play the event song (Love Novels in this case).

There's also a score ranking that is determined by the highest score you get in the song Love Novels.

You'll get 2 SR Nico if your event points are high enough to get you into the top 200 players

As you can see, I'm an oppai fan. Well I can breathe a little knowing I'll miss out on Nico. Though that smiley addition would've been nice... 

There's no bracket。The way it works is, you get rewards just for getting event points (when you earn 13k, you get the Nico), But at the end you also get prices depending on the number of event points you earned relative to everyone else.

The reason I called it bracket was because, I'm 21 when I look in my rankings. But when I look in the first place rankings, everyone has tons of higher points and I'm nowhere seen on that list.

As you can see, I'm an oppai fan. Well I can breathe a little knowing I'll miss out on Nico. Though that smiley addition would've been nice... ou

The reason I called it bracket was because, I'm 21 when I look in my rankings. But when I look in the first place rankings, everyone has tons of higher points and I'm nowhere seen on that list.

Are you sure you're 21?

Screenshot?

I think you might be looking at the wrong screen.

Haha don't worry one time i thought i was in the top 200 but it was actually 1100 :P

The word rank is too close to the numbers.

Yeah but that's a lot closer than 9k to top 30s lol.

On a side note, am I the only one who plays better after messing up a combo? I feel so tense when I'm on a long combo that I can breathe when I'm not thinking about it. 

Yeah but that's a lot closer than 9k to top 30s lol.

On a side note, am I the only one who plays better after messing up a combo? I feel so tense when I'm on a long combo that I can breathe when I'm not thinking about it. 

That's because before you break a combo you're like "MUST FOCUS!" and when you break the combo you're like "f*ck it".

Anyone care to explain what the point of picking a player/friend before a song is? Might have said something in the tutorial about it but I glossed over that.

Depending on the card that player has as their leader, it'll boost one of your stats.

For example if a player has a pure rare as their leader your pure stat is raised slightly if you pick them, how much is added is displayed before you start the live show. It'll say + xxxx next side the stat that is increased

The rarer the card is the more your stat is raised so it's good to pick people who have high rarity cards.

Rares and Normals raise the corresponding stat slightly

Super Rares raise the stat normally

Ultra Rares raise the stat drastically.

You also get 10 friend points for picking a friend :P

Anyone care to explain what the point of picking a player/friend before a song is? Might have said something in the tutorial about it but I glossed over that.

Point boosts to help you get a higher grade. Also you get friend points for each friend throughout the day, up to a certain amount of times.

edit: or what Nosebleed said

Umi trying g to be Rin is awesome in general.

So, I have every regular song S-S on hard except Wind Stars. I FC'd it once but haven't been able to do it again to get an S in score now that my team is strong enough. I don't even mess up on the sliders, I feel like the song is broken. I get completely random goods on completely random notes. It literally blows my mind how I am getting goods, I really can't comprehend. I don't feel offbeat or anything. I really hate this song...

/rant

And the event is over in 10 hours! I wonder how many love gems I'll have to spend to stay top 1000. I'm at about 20.7k right now, but previous events cut off at like 22k, so I'm still a bit far away, plus there are more users now and Nico is more popular...

Double post cuz I have a question to ask.

Anyone who plays the JP servers, how do score matches matching system work? I'm clearly not getting ranked against high level people because I'm taking 1st frequently in the songs I play on Hard.

Score Matching Event

On October 5, 2013, a new form of event was added to Love Live! School Idol Festival. This event pits players against each other to compete for the highest ranking score, rewarding higher ranking players with more points.

To participate in the Score Matching event, enter the Event page through from the Home Screen (the event should be appropriately titled "Score Match"). In the center, there is a large button with the words スコアマッチに参加する! Pressing this will bring you to a difficulty screen. The player chooses the difficulty and a random song from the regular set of songs will be selected of that difficulty. The player chooses the unit he or she wishes to use, then is placed into a waiting room with 3 other players. While waiting, pre-set chat phrases may be used to communicate with your fellow players. If a player finishes before all other players are finished (likely due to lag), they are once again placed into a waiting room and can exchange another set of pre-set phrases. (Players may do this during the results screen as well.)

After finishing the live stage, the players are ranked from 1st to 4th based on their score (although their combo record is shown too). Then event points are calculated (after gaining experience, kizuna, and gold like usual). Each difficulty has its own base amount of event points. The base number of points gets multiplied by multipliers depending on the player's score rank and placement compared to the other players. If the player fails the song, they gain a fixed amount of event points. See the tables below for details.

Difficulty Base Fail

Easy         36   12

Normal      89   30

Hard       163   55

Expert     272   91

Score    Bonus

S Rank   1.20

A Rank   1.15

B Rank   1.10

C Rank   1.05

No Rank 1.00

Rank Bonus

1st     1.25

2nd    1.15

3rd     1.05

4th     1.00

Copy from wiki~ 

If u play a expert song and get S Score, and rank 1 among 4 player, U will get 408 event points. If u got a bad team than other high rank ppl, the worst u will have 326 points on 4th rank.

Umi trying g to be Rin is awesome in general.

So, I have every regular song S-S on hard except Wind Stars. I FC'd it once but haven't been able to do it again to get an S in score now that my team is strong enough. I don't even mess up on the sliders, I feel like the song is broken. I get completely random goods on completely random notes. It literally blows my mind how I am getting goods, I really can't comprehend. I don't feel offbeat or anything. I really hate this song...

/rant

And the event is over in 10 hours! I wonder how many love gems I'll have to spend to stay top 1000. I'm at about 20.7k right now, but previous events cut off at like 22k, so I'm still a bit far away, plus there are more users now and Nico is more popular...

The event is over in 10 hours? I thought it will end in July 15 10am UTC? @@

Oops, got today's date wrong. And I know how the scoring works, I was wondering how they found people for you to match up against. I assume they only have you play against people near your rank since I was winning score matches as a new user, and people were failing songs all the time.

Oops, got today's date wrong. And I know how the scoring works, I was wondering how they found people for you to match up against. I assume they only have you play against people near your rank since I was winning score matches as a new user, and people were failing songs all the time.

Yeap, i think is nearly rank for fair? since may different much of team build if different much of rank. Still if new player met a experienced "new" player as ceris, juz a bad luck =w=

Ha, the end of Nico and Honoka's skit :P and Hanayo and Rin being cute as always.

"Besides, Kotori's just been repeating "Horosho" over and over!" lmao

That was my first FC on hard as well! *highfive*

Aw gee that song has taken everyone's FC virginity I see.

It's the second last day of the event and my ranking is dropping at a faster rate now. Might have to blow a few more love gems to keep myself in the top 1000 spot. Have used 7 up till now and as long as that number doesn't go above 10 I wouldn't feel too bad about it.

10 love gems = 2 honor student draws so using 10 of em to guarantee 2 SR seems fair enough  ^_^

It's the second last day of the event and my ranking is dropping at a faster rate now. Might have to blow a few more love gems to keep myself in the top 1000 spot. Have used 7 up till now and as long as that number doesn't go above 10 I wouldn't feel too bad about it.

10 love gems = 2 honor student draws so using 10 of em to guarantee 2 SR seems fair enough  ^_^

I'm 700s... that's kinda depressing, going to end up spending s lot of love gems I think :(

I'm 700s... that's kinda depressing, going to end up spending s lot of love gems I think :(

Based on past experience I think another 4/5 more love gems should be enough to secure a top 1000 finish if you're 700~800-ish during the second last day. However Nico fans are hardcore so this figure might not hold true if everyone is desperate to get their Nicos.