Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

Things seem to have calmed down or I am so addicted since now I am in 15k and on first day I went to 20k. Seems I will be able to get tbat scouting ticket :wafuu:

Need to stay sharp thou, idk what weird thought everyone might think of by the end of the event.

The thing about collecting 50 gem for scouting is the results. I've wait for a while to collect 50 gems, then I scouted for Bibi, and I only got 1 R cool Eli... got 1 SR Maki from the previous event so it's something, but I have to wait yet another month again to scout. I ain't even got any UR, and I can't get enough of Eli. The temptation to buy gems is very strong indeed (haven't buy any though).

Most people who saved up for 50 gems legitimately never get anything but a single SR :makina:

Ain't that the truth. But I do have pretty good luck in the Jp version, got 3 UR and a handful of SR from 4-5 times scouting. I guess I completely drained my luck so much that I don't have any for the international... (desire sensor is a b*tch)

One day I will make it 598 perfects with 9 PLs  :kosame:

fAJrATD.jpg

I actually PFC all the way until I heard the sound of "greats" and "cool" at the end part  :vinty:

How can you even FC this soong T___T

I am so close to FC Kokuhaku and Merfes vol2 experts! Those 1 goods,misses,bads kill me! :D

Last time when I got Binetsu Kara Mystery, I scored slightly above 400k and that was more or less a failed attempt. Never bother with the top ranking players, as the majority of them are crap. I'm actually starting to get annoyed that the last fun aspect of this game - competition - is slowly getting ruined, when low ranked players fail terribly at a difficult song and still get top places, while you score at the very bottom with an FC. Of course, it's not possible even with few lucky draws. You can easily spot who's paying to win and even if some of those people don't mean it (they just spend A LOT on the game), it's still an awful experience regardless.

Aside from that, I only used one gem today and still remain within T1. Some funny stuff happened as well, but I'm to lazy/CBA to post pics, maybe later~

IceD, you seem to have a lot of pent up anger at this game.

I can tell the difference between whales and normal players extremely easy since I'm past the standard player team strength but not quite near even a baby whale. So if anyone beats me by over 30k, they are definitely a decent spender on the game.

Google gave ma a Kotaku article saying it's something to do with Vegas

http://kotaku.com/who-are-the-whales-driving-free-to-play-gaming-youd-1197333118

"Few words in the video games industry are as cynical as "whale," taken from a Las Vegas term for a high stakes gambler. The difference is, a Vegas high roller may actually win something with his money, and at minimum is comped for everything during his stay. In free-to-play games, a whale is nothing but a cash target."

It's natural to have pent up frustration over things like this. Competitive games are a cause of stress and more so with pay to win games. 

In a game that's meant to be competitive and the only skill that matters in the end is the size of your wallet, one can't help but feel annoyed when all their efforts are crushed by people who throw copious amounts of cash  at the game and instantly become superior regardless of any other factors.

And it's not to say these are bad people or that they suck at the game, not at all, but the system upon which the came is built creates an uneven playing field for everyone rather than a logical progression system where you get better by actually putting effort into the game or a system that matches you with people of your level, and that's kinda crappy.

At times I ask myself, why do I still even bother with F2P games. The unfortunate truth is I still like LLSIF and enjoy the songs but the ammount of enjoyment is definately a lot lower nowadays. After all those years, I learned to not bother with certain downsides associated with this business model, but it's really hard to remain blissfully ignorant, when the last enjoyable element within the game loses it's meaning. As a player, you ask yourself whether there's really any reason to put effort, when you're destined to lose straight from the beggining.

As casual it remains, LLSIF is still a game which was originally built around the idea of competitive fighting. That's why events exist. It's kind of sad there's no real meaning to it anymore.

I think you're taking it a litte to far; I'm definately not frustrated about something like SIF, but I'm sure a lot of other players definately are.

So I slept for most of the day and found myself in 16000s.... dis game..... T.T

Anyways I know what u feel, I jave been getting rekt a lot by people who get 40 and 60 combos , and I dunno : is that even possible?

I never really intended to take a high rank but I just wanna that scouting ticket T.T

At times I ask myself, why do I still even bother with F2P games. The unfortunate truth is I still like LLSIF and enjoy the songs but the ammount of enjoyment is definately a lot lower nowadays. After all those years, I learned to not bother with certain downsides associated with this business model, but it's really hard to remain blissfully ignorant, when the last enjoyable element within the game loses it's meaning. As a player, you ask yourself whether there's really any reason to put effort, when you're destined to lose straight from the beggining.

As casual it remains, LLSIF is still a game which was originally built around the idea of competitive fighting. That's why events exist. It's kind of sad there's no real meaning to it anymore.

I think you're taking it a litte to far; I'm definately not frustrated about something like SIF, but I'm sure a lot of other players definately are.

Eh, I don't particularly feel so.

Events aren't really decided by your position in songs- as far as I know, the game rigs itself for you to get around second or third place as much as possible (certainly happens to me).

From my point of view, it's always been a competition of who will spend the most money for a tier. Unless you're talking about leaderboards, and then yeah, I guess it's a competition of who can endure the most finger pain and spend the most time. Unless you failstrat. Then it's unlimited cash works. 

Cash is a limiting factor at the top too, but usually if you're going for a really high spot, you have funds to back it up, and then yes, it turns into a battle of sanity.

Try sleeping for less than 4 hours and grinding for 16+ hours a day, it really wears you down.

So I slept for most of the day and found myself in 16000s.... dis game..... T.T

Anyways I know what u feel, I jave been getting rekt a lot by people who get 40 and 60 combos , and I dunno : is that even possible?

I never really intended to take a high rank but I just wanna that scouting ticket T.T

I think you got me wrong. I don't even feel bad because of it, I just find it a nuisance that such a nice rythm game, which originally promoted sheer fun and competitiveness between players now follows the same path as any other F2P game with micro-transactions, even though there's no actual player progression tied to it. At least I hope the whole dev team is getting their share in the profits, but knowing how modern gamedev looks, things propably aren't so bright for them either. Even though it's not the first time, it's always sad such projects end as milking cows for their respective copyright owners and devalues them.

You should know I just like to rant about stuff that bothers me, I bear no actual ill or anything (true story) :makina:

When playing an event, I know that if I don't use any gems it's quite impossible to get high rank. I kinda have the same objective like hsmful: that scouting ticket.

I don't use gems on event unless it's Eli. For her I gladly spend all the gems I collected to get to T1, while for Rin or Nozomi I'll go for T2. The other doesn't really bother me much.

Like every most F2P games, it's the one who's willing to spend actual money will get the better ranking. But we can't really blame the developer, it's how they make a living. I just hope it will stay enjoyable without us having to resort to cash everytime.

I never really buy gems until now though, so I might reconsider it. Having to wait another month for 50 gems scouting is getting harder for me.