Hello, Can't Wait To Meet Everyone :)

Ayana

Just thought I would introduce myself and take the action immediately before somehow ending up becoming trapped in that cycle which is known as "lurking"...

Hello, my name is Jon/athan, 19 years old, and I am an avid Visual Novel reader. I have this tendency to build up an ideal in my head for things. Visual Novels, when I came across them for the first time, completely fit that specific ideal I had for media. And now, I have something of an addiction to them. Though I still do love anime (especially mystery anime like Steins;Gate and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni *.*), and usually, games... but in my mind, reading and imagination can't be beat. I actually used untranslated VNs as a viable Japanese study method for quite a while, and now I can even read those progressively better. Now my ideal VN, or should I say, my favorite VN is: Subarashiki Hibi ~Furenzoku Sonzai~ (it changed my way of thinking and I'm extremely obsessed with it to boot).

Outside the subject of VNs... there would mostly be music and scenery. Listening to or creating music, either one is an excellent activity I love to do in my spare time. Sometimes, I literally find myself doing absolutely nothing and just listening to music... And, taking pictures of scenery whenever possible (because I do not live in such a diverse and scenic area :/).

That is all, and I'm extremely glad to be here to become a part of the VN community. Love. :)

Welcome  :D I get lost in music all the time, very relaxing indeed. If you don't mind me asking what genres of music do you like?

I usually go for a rather specific genre that is called "Drum'n'Bass" in the electronic category. But more of a broad genre I like as well is anything with the Piano instrument. Piano is simplistic, yet the cleanest and purest sound is brought about from it. And my ideal music would be an instrumental Drum and Bass, and the instrument being piano with that pure sound. If there is such music (it's quite rare, so I might create more of it), then it has automatically reached "godly" levels in my mind.

EDIT: Thank you everyone so far, I love you all. <3

Welcome on the forum

Enjoy your stay !

And if you haven't read Clannad, do it ! 

And yeah Drum and Bass is awesome. 

There you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA6pEQXQoP0

I usually go for a rather specific genre that is called "Drum'n'Bass" in the electronic category. But more of a broad genre I like as well is anything with the Piano instrument. Piano is simplistic, yet the cleanest and purest sound is brought about from it. And my ideal music would be an instrumental Drum and Bass, and the instrument being piano with that pure sound. If there is such music (it's quite rare, so I might create more of it), then it has automatically reached "godly" levels in my mind.

EDIT: Thank you everyone so far, I love you all. <3

I personally have not listened to "Drum and Bass" but my favorite instrument is the piano as well. Not sure if you are familiar with the genre New Age but you might like it! I for one am all about the melodies and beats. So I highly enjoy jazz and classical even hiphop if the lyrics are written well enough (Nujabes for example.)

@maefdomn  Feint is one of my favorite artists and that song is one of my favorites from him! Oh, and I did read Clannad quite a while ago and I remember it being one of the very rare stories that made me legitimately cry.

@LiquidShu  I heard of New Age but I don't think I ever took a peek into that genre, so I shall get on to that. I guess to be even more specific, I listen to "Liquid Drum'n'Bass/Liquid Funk" as its called. It's literally jazzy fast-paced electronic music, usually of ambient nature to set the feel as if it's "liquidized music". So I guess Jazz is a prominent feature of what I listen to, but I never thought of it that way. Classical is great, and I never get tired of it.

@Asonn  Thanks for that extraordinarily cute moe. o////o

Welcome to Fuwa, Ayana!

Using visual novels to learn Japanese is about the most fun way to study a language I've found so far. I hope it goes well for you too! :) 

Listening to or creating music, either one is an excellent activity I love to do in my spare time. Sometimes, I literally find myself doing absolutely nothing and just listening to music...

It's also wonderful to find a fellow composer! *highfive* 

Welcome ^_^ I've been learning Japanese to be able to read great VNs like SubaHibis some day! If you like mystery you should read Umineko (same series as Higurashi) and I see you're reading I/O, I hope you're enjoying it as much as I did. :)

Enjoy your stay and I hope we'll get along!

Thanks for all the replies, you guys are the best! <3

@Vokoca  Thank you. It's amazing how easy and successful the seemingly tough tasks of studying Japanese and constructing music have become simply because my point of view of it has changed. From one that once was "work" to one that is now "play".

@Nyanko  I wish you luck with Japanese and it'd definitely be worth it in pursuit of a story like Subahibi, that which is such a mind-altering and eye-opening experience. Umineko was actually my previous ideal/obsession before Subahibi came along, as it was one of the best creative fictions I've read still to this day. And even before that it was Ever17, so that means I am still quite deeply interested in stories written by the same writer, I/O. Mystery is great...