Favorite Anime

solidbatman

I haven't seen this thread yet, but if there is one, feel free to delete this. Anyway, what are your favorite anime?

Mine is the Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei saga. It was my introduction to anime aside from Persona 4, and I couldn't have picked a crazier anime. It's just one big satire of Japanese culture with plenty of insane situations. The plot is essentially a suicidal teacher and his class of crazy students. Words dont do the insanity justice, so here's an opening from one of the seasons.

Insanity

I haven't seen this thread yet, but if there is one, feel free to delete this. Anyway, what are your favorite anime?

Mine is the Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei saga. It was my introduction to anime aside from Persona 4, and I couldn't have picked a crazier anime. It's just one big satire of Japanese culture with plenty of insane situations. The plot is essentially a suicidal teacher and his class of crazy students. Words dont do the insanity justice, so here's an opening from one of the seasons.

Insanity

Best anime, hmm that's pretty hard.. I guess either Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Code Geass. Maybe Death note... But it kinda got messed up after a while.

Hmm... alltime favorite over everything? Thats a tough choice, I'd say it would be between Sekirei and Angel Beats, Angel Beats was just pure hilarity.

Angel beats is indeed awesome, I have rewatched it a few times. It's still very funny and emotional. I would put it as the best if it weren't just 12 episodes. >_>

There are many animes I have liked over the past years, like Detective Conan, FMA:Brotherhood, One Piece, Bleach and Fairy tail (especially the current mage battle arc in the manga ^^) among others..

But right now my fave has to be Sword Art Online.. It's a really good one, though it still hasn't ended yet.. I am also planning to read the light novel after the anime ceased serialization..

I also like High School DxD.. Apart from the 18+ content, it's story has a good line for development.. And if you happen to read the light novels (like myself), you would be impressed even more.. ^^

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! is quickly becoming one of my favorites as well. Dat Rikka. I'm looking forward to Tokyo Magnitude, I always hear good things about it.

Tokyo Magnitude really was great man. A simple plot that's anyone can relate to. Realistic characters that you really come to care for. A short series that never overstayed its welcome. I enjoyed every moment of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hm, never posted in this.

Well its hard to say, I have more.

Kanon, Clannad, Air, Angel beats, Little Busters - well basically KEY adaptations xD

from non Key it would be Madoka, Steins Gate, Anohana, Kimi ga nozomu Eien, Fate/Zero

And from comedy ones: To love Ru, Astarotte, Haruhi, Hidan no Aria, Railgun and Yuru Yuri.

Hm, never posted in this.

Well its hard to say, I have more.

Kanon, Clannad, Air, Angel beats, Little Busters - well basically KEY adaptations xD

from non Key it would be Madoka, Steins Gate, Anohana, Kimi ga nozomu Eien, Fate/Zero

And from comedy ones: To love Ru, Astarotte, Haruhi, Hidan no Aria, Railgun and Yuru Yuri.

I would add Little Busters to my list, though I'm still trying to decide if I like the adaption so far or not. I know another season is pretty much guaranteed, but I'm a little frustrated with the snail's pace and subsequent lack of plot development so far. ;__;

I must add Chuunibyou to my favorite animes too, I was waiting for a full season torrent and it was worth it, Otherwise I wouldn't have handled this with 7 days in between, I didn't even go to toilet, that's how good it was xD

And this awesome MAD if it can be called mad.

Man it's hard to list a favorite anime. Anytime I try to name one, I think of another that I liked equally as much.

But to list a few: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, Beck Mongolian Chop Squad, Ef: A Tale of Memories/Melodies, Durarara!!, FLCL, Full Metal Panic, Samurai Champloo, Toradora, Star Driver...

Too many to list, but there's a few I remember enjoying a lot.

Tie between Code Geass, Death Note, Fate/Zero, Angel Beats, Kara no Kyoukai, Cowboy Bebop, Gurren Lagann, Madoka Magica and Zeta Gundam...yeah I'm very undecided.

But for me it'd really be between Code Geass and Death Note(Fate/Zero still third). It was just wave of refreshment in the sea of Shounen that all I could do was just stand in awe at there execution.

I would add Little Busters to my list, though I'm still trying to decide if I like the adaption so far or not. I know another season is pretty much guaranteed, but I'm a little frustrated with the snail's pace and subsequent lack of plot development so far. ;__;

I've never played much of the game so it's hard for me to say. The anime, though, I'm not enjoying too much so far. In fact, it makes me question why so many people regard Little Busters' game to be one of the best.

An episode dedicated to making food in the kitchen, then one about finding a book, and another about a talking bird. Well, you know, yeah.

I've never played much of the game so it's hard for me to say. The anime, though, I'm not enjoying too much so far. In fact, it makes me question why so many people regard Little Busters' game to be one of the best.

An episode dedicated to making food in the kitchen, then one about finding a book, and another about a talking bird. Well, you know, yeah.

well on that I can respond only 1 thing: "read the VN and stop watching the anime NOW!" xD

Yeah its a problem when they take 10 hour plot and make 40 minutes (2 episodes) from it and then they take 20 minute minigame (food thing) and make a 20 minute episode from it as well xD

I played (and loved) the VN and watched about 10 episodes of the anime. Immediately, it was painful to see the VN's wonderful artstyle change so drastically, but I figured I'd be able to look past that still. As for the anime itself, my opinion is that it isn't BAD, but it's certainly nothing special. If it wasn't for the VN, it would have been forgotten about by now.