Ayakashibito: A thread

Clephas

Weird, I could have sworn I tried all choices (and definitely got all endings...?), but I just completed the game and have a whole ton of CGs missing too.

Any idea what 4th page, 1st row, 3rd column is?  then, somehow i'm missing 6th page 3rd row 5th column and the ENTIRE 4th row....

Maybe one of my endings didn't save CGs properly when I quit or something?

I just finished this novel and I've gotta say that it was truly an amazing ride. I'm missing 3 CGs though and I can't seem to find them. :unsure:

If anyone could tell me where I can find the [5th page, 1st row, 3rd and 5th columns] and the [4th page, 2nd row, 3rd column], I'd REALLY appreciate it. <3

EDIT: I just found them :D thanks anyways!

I just finished Ayakashibito and I think that it is an amazing VN, it become one of my favorites VNs (First or second place hard to disade at a moment). What I liked most was Suzu's route other routes were ok too but nowhere near hers. Touko's route was the one that I least liked, not much happend in her route until near the end of it and she wasn't that interesting character for me, her endings are so so. Tonya's route was more interesting and I liked her ending more too but I don't really have a strong opinion about her, I didn't dislike her but I didn't like her either. Same goes for Kaoru. And then there is Suzu, she is definitely one of my favorite characters, her route was on a totally different level from other three it was amazing from beginning till the end and her endings where epic. I am not sure which of her's endings I liked more,

one where she and Soushichi ended up in afterlife for just two of them was so romantic and it had a great impact. On the other hand one where Souchi borrowed Yatagarasu's body was more satisfying when you look at all facts as he is using his body he will live

thousands of years with Suzu in the living world and they can still be together with all their friends and once they leave world of living they will still be living in the same afterlife like in the other ending but for some reason it didn't have as strong impact as the other ending nor was it as much romantic.

In the beginning I disliked Soushichi and his

don't kill people even if they deserve it

attitude but later his character has a lot of development and I goten to like him.

One other thing I disliked about this VN ware stupid H-scenes that jump out of nowhere, even true I am skipping all H-scenes in VNs they still manage to ruin a mood when they put in a middle of an important event.

Like that time in Kaoru's route when there was a H-scene in a middle of climah in a middle of a huge fight in a centar of an enemy base.

Whell I guess I will have to read -Genyou Ibunroku- edition ones I learn Japanese as that version doesn't have H-scenes and I heard that that edition has an additional route for Hounan which I think will be very interesting. Shame that that edition didn't get translated but this VN is definitely worth re-reading anyway.

I have finished all of the paths but I still have 2 CG's that I cant find for the life of me, can anyone help?

http://i.imgur.com/IAdhOt4.jpg

Ah, that's the 

Tonya/Suzu threesome. To get those scenes, get on Tonya's route (go to the art classroom, walk home with her) but then pick Suzu for every choice after that.

Incidentally, there is also a joint fandisc for this game and Bullet Butlers that links the two worlds and stars Kuki and Alfred (twin brother of the Bullet Butlers protag), with a real and interesting story of its own.  *Clephas smiles innocently*

It is called Chrono Belt, hehehe

I posted in a different thread that this was the only game to ever make me flat out quit because of h-scenes (Suzu potty training within the first hour, specifically).

I'm not one to start something without seeing it through to the end, so I went back and completed each of the endings over the weekend.

Turns out I was right the first time.

I found the game to be pretty tasteless all the way through to the end.

The characters in the game are nothing but stereotypes interacting with one another for the sole purpose of at some point participating in random sex scenes.

I realize this is likely for the sole purpose of fan service, but the protagonist is a goddamn moron.

Near the end of Suzu's (true) route, he decides that it's a great idea to cheat on Suzu with Sakura despite constantly preaching that he'll never betray her or do anything to hurt her throughout the entire VN.

This is all while she's in captivity by the Dominion.

Also, Katou Kotarou only has a significant role in one of the non-canon routes; in which he is shown to be the strongest character in the VN, effortlessly destroying all opposition single-handedly, including the main villain in all the routes.

The protag shows his strong morals yet again in this route by banging Reina, Kotarou's love interest and future wife moments after being saved by him, and shortly before being saved by him again.

That is some freaking terrible writing that contradicts his character for no other reason than a random sex scene. IN THE MIDDLE OF COMBAT nonetheless.

With the exception of Touko's route, in which Kotarou is not in the city, I don't see how one can take the story seriously at all with a seemingly omnipotent character like that.

He could solve all the world's problems with his fists. :lol:

I found all of the action scenes to be lackluster at best; reusing the same few assets over and over.

I was expecting them to be at the same level of Kikokugai based on people constantly calling this one of the best action VNs around.

On a positive note; the game did have a great OST, though poorly looped.

I posted in a different thread that this was the only game to ever make me flat out quit because of h-scenes (Suzu potty training within the first hour, specifically).

I'm not one to start something without seeing it through to the end, so I went back and completed each of the endings over the weekend.

Turns out I was right the first time.

I found the game to be pretty tasteless all the way through to the end.

The characters in the game are nothing but stereotypes interacting with one another for the sole purpose of at some point participating in random sex scenes.

I realize this is likely for the sole purpose of fan service, but the protagonist is a goddamn moron.

Near the end of Suzu's (true) route, he decides that it's a great idea to cheat on Suzu with Sakura despite constantly preaching that he'll never betray her or do anything to hurt her throughout the entire VN.

This is all while she's in captivity by the Dominion.

Also, Katou Kotarou only has a significant role in one of the non-canon routes; in which he is shown to be the strongest character in the VN, effortlessly destroying all opposition single-handedly, including the main villain in all the routes.

The protag shows his strong morals yet again in this route by banging Reina, Kotarou's love interest and future wife moments after being saved by him, and shortly before being saved by him again.

That is some freaking terrible writing that contradicts his character for no other reason than a random sex scene. IN THE MIDDLE OF COMBAT nonetheless.

With the exception of Touko's route, in which Kotarou is not in the city, I don't see how one can take the story seriously at all with a seemingly omnipotent character like that.

He could solve all the world's problems with his fists. :lol:

I found all of the action scenes to be lackluster at best; reusing the same few assets over and over.

I was expecting them to be at the same level of Kikokugai based on people constantly calling this one of the best action VNs around.

On a positive note; the game did have a great OST, though poorly looped.

You fucked up something to get H-scene with Sakura in Suzu's route, when I played it he turned her down

Well I do still agree that H-scenes are anoying and don't have any sense but if we ignore that I think that story was great, also there is an all-ages edition too that dosen't have H-scenes.

You fucked up something to get H-scene with Sakura in Suzu's route, when I played it he turned her down

Well I do still agree that H-scenes are anoying and don't have any sense but if we ignore that I think that story was great, also there is an all-ages edition too that dosen't have H-scenes.

Perhaps I did.

I did load the game after that horrible decision and went with a different choice which did not result in that dumb scene.

I am generally indifferent to everything in life, but unfaithfulness is something I've experienced first hand and makes my blood boil unlike anything else, whether it's fictional or not.

Perhaps I did.

I did load the game after that horrible decision and went with a different choice which did not result in that dumb scene.

I am generally indifferent to everything in life, but unfaithfulness is something I've experienced first hand and makes my blood boil unlike anything else, whether it's fictional or not.

Well I hate when protagonist is cheating heroines too but one thing I hate even far more are perverts withouth self control.

• 1 month later...

i just starting reading the novel but the tags in VNDB worries me, it seems every Heroines except suzu is

subjected to rape/Gang rape, how NTR is this? are they avoidable? do they happen in the past or present? it is horrible or breifly mentioned?

I think they are only 3 rapes in the game? Maybe 4 I don't remember. Actually 5?

I don't like that stuff and I felt sorry for the victim but It wasn't horrible. Don't worry. Little spoiler but nothing bad happens later.

Or maybe it's because I am a sadistic and I secretly enjoy it. The sumission part not the abuse one, I still dislike that. And I find gang rapes not arousing at all.

i just starting reading the novel but the tags in VNDB worries me, it seems every Heroines except suzu is

subjected to rape/Gang rape, how NTR is this? are they avoidable? do they happen in the past or present? it is horrible or breifly mentioned?

That's actually pretty ironic. I don't think any heroine has been raped this far, oh! I forgot about it, only one of them has and that was part of the plot, meaning it's unavoidable. I'm halfway through Suzu's route by the way.

Don't wory only one heroine gotten raped, there are few other rape scenes but they are all to SCs.

Sub-characters...

And Kaoru's rape occurs when she is still at the facility with the protagonist. So, it is basically a flashback. All of the other rape scenes are of sub-characters, as said above.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This was sure a disappointment. It started damn strong if i may say so, but that first scene sure was deceptive. When we got the protagonists pov of the scene it was just pathetic. Typical anime protagonist. Wimpy hypocrite hippie idiot who acts like a drooling retard when he's being beaten up and becomes a superhero at the very last second or a friend gets badly hurt, but never does what needs to be done. Does it ever stop jumping around to so many different peoples perspectives? I bet it can get really confusing at times.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Excuse the corpse digging, but I want to avoid cluttering the "What are you playing"-thread with my shot.

@Suzu Fanatic (how do you tag users?), route completed. Feel free to ask away.

Nice, did you go through all her endings (including the bad end)? One interesting thing is how that route is one of the rare ones in a VN, that make it a important choice if you impregnate or avoid impregnating her - it has a big effect on that "final battle" (and the ending you get after).

Beyond that, thoughts on that routes story and character development? Any of the writing bother you? Anything you liked in particular? I admit I liked the rare twist they took, with him being possessed, and enduring a battle of wills against the tail~ That and I really don't like Kouru, so I have zero sympathy for anything that happens to her - or her team of doofuses. :makina:

You were half right/bhalf wrong about what was housed in the temple/animals disliking her, so you get half a cookie :P it didn't have anything to do with why animals disliked her, but you were right about the animalistic demon~

I feel, what I enjoy about this VN overall is the focus on Japanese folklore and mythos - so many stories focus on "typical" folklore (medieval europe, etc). I liked learning about the various fey legends from that region.  Learning is fun! :wafuu:

Touko spoilers, I guess.

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Nice, did you go through all her endings (including the bad end)? One interesting thing is how that route is one of the rare ones in a VN, that make it a important choice if you impregnate or avoid impregnating her - it has a big effect on that "final battle" (and the ending you get after).

Oh, that's interesting. No, I got the babby ending (as you'd expect from me). Are the other endings long? 

Beyond that, thoughts on that routes story and character development?

Both pretty good dare I say so. Certainly different from what I normally read, but I didn't hate it. I'd already consider my thread experiment a success, I guess. 

Any of the writing bother you?

Things got a little rapey, including an actual rape scene. On one hand, it reinforced the point that the setting and villains are pretty dark, but was it necessary to say the word rape every 17 seconds? For me, it's not big of an issue that it's there, but things could've been a little more subtle. (example: Why show the rape at all? The protagonist walking in on the thugs doing it would've been a shocker moment, if we hadn't seen it before.)

The entire possession stretch also felt a little... long? So many things happened that it actually became boring to me, up until the finale, where things aligned perfectly again. I have no idea how to fix this though, because all the stuff that happens during the possession stretch is actually important. But hey, that's where I am. 

Anything you liked in particular?

The characters, obviously. Touko is Touko and therefore great and Bro Shuugen is up there with the best bros in the history of bros. I just wanna give him the manliest first-bumb ever. :kosame: 

Possessed protagonist is a nice twist and the final plan wasn't an unreasonable Deus Ex Machina. The dance made sense to me and the execution was actually really clever. Good job, you shrine maidens everywhere. :kosame:

Oh and the soundtrack. The soundtrack is pretty slick. 

I have zero sympathy for anything that happens to her - or her team of doofuses. :makina:

Agreed. 

I didn't understand much of what was going on Kuki and his thing, but that will probably be explained in Kaoru's route, I'd guess.

You were half right/bhalf wrong about what was housed in the temple/animals disliking her, so you get half a cookie :P it didn't have anything to do with why animals disliked her, but you were right about the animalistic demon~

Not taking credit for that one www

I feel, what I enjoy about this VN overall is the focus on Japanese folklore and mythos - so many stories focus on "typical" folklore (medieval europe, etc). I liked learning about the various fey legends from that region.  Learning is fun! :wafuu:

It is pretty interesting and all, but I wish they'd stop shoving these myths down my throat in the middle of fight scenes. Messes a little with the tempo, that's all. :sachi: