Fureraba Translation Project [Recruiting TL/TLC!]

sm2345

• 1 month later...

A small update: the project was stalled a bit due to us having exams, but has started moving again! Though we're still a bit slow, please bear with us.

Also, we are still looking for TLs and TLCs! Please take a look at the first post and PM me if interested!

We plan to start work on the Fureraba Trial within the next couple of weeks. After that is released, we'll be sending a letter to SMEE, asking for their blessings in our endeavours, while obviously emphasizing the fact that we shall not profit monetarily from it in any way.

Slowly but surely, I guess... Good luck.

However, I don't think contacting SMEE about this will end up well. SMEE is a subsidiary of Hooksoft, and this is how most likely how things work:

Hooksoft has a CEO appointed to the main company, while a separate company manager is hired just for SMEE. I don't know how much power the company manager has, but I am sure that everything must go through the CEO first.

If you send the letter directly to SMEE, it is more than likely that it will either be ignored or denied. I mean, just put yourself in the manager's shoes:

SCENARIO: You receive a random letter in a foreign language you do not speak requesting a partnership with them - furthermore, the senders are (I do not mean to use this term derogatorily) amateurs. The CEO is a busy man, and you don't want to waste his time. You're probably afraid of getting reprimanded if you forward this letter to him. It would be lucky if your letter even made it to Hooksoft.

TL;DR - Send your letter to Hooksoft and not SMEE. In the odd chance that they do accept your proposal, expect to pay a huge sum of royalty. Hooksoft is not a small company and they'd want to talk business; you are not dealing with amateurs.

At the very least, you should be willing to accept silence as consent. There is pretty much a 0% chance that they will actually give you their direct blessing to release a free translation patch for their game. Such a move would be unprecedented.

At the very least, you should be willing to accept silence as consent. There is pretty much a 0% chance that they will actually give you their direct blessing to release a free translation patch for their game. Such a move would be unprecedented.

Agreed.

Slowly but surely, I guess... Good luck.

However, I don't think contacting SMEE about this will end up well. SMEE is a subsidiary of Hooksoft, and this is how most likely how things work:

Hooksoft has a CEO appointed to the main company, while a separate company manager is hired just for SMEE. I don't know how much power the company manager has, but I am sure that everything must go through the CEO first.

If you send the letter directly to SMEE, it is more than likely that it will either be ignored or denied. I mean, just put yourself in the manager's shoes:

SCENARIO: You receive a random letter in a foreign language you do not speak requesting a partnership with them - furthermore, the senders are (I do not mean to use this term derogatorily) amateurs. The CEO is a busy man, and you don't want to waste his time. You're probably afraid of getting reprimanded if you forward this letter to him. It would be lucky if your letter even made it to Hooksoft.

TL;DR - Send your letter to Hooksoft and not SMEE. In the odd chance that they do accept your proposal, expect to pay a huge sum of royalty. Hooksoft is not a small company and they'd want to talk business; you are not dealing with amateurs.

Yeah, your point makes sense.

Yeah...

• 2 months later...

No, it's not dead.

However, it has been slow, since I am the only TL on this, and some help would be really appreciated.

As for slowness, it's a harsh reality I cannot deny. 

I'll still continue chugging along slowly though.

Play as you go if you aren't doing that already. :3

• 1 month later...