Fureraba Translation Project [Recruiting TL/TLC!]

sm2345

(This was a photocopy of the post I made at the gemot Encubed forums. Sorry if this offends anyone. Original topic Need (especially hacker) help for Fureraba Translation Project)

Good day, everyone. 

We at Oyatsu Fansubs, are planning to pick up a Visual Novel project. Its name is "Fureraba ~Friend to Lover~". More information about it can be found at:

http://vndb.org/v11856

We are taking this project one step at a time, and as of now the staff counts are:

Translators: 2
Translation Checkers: 1
Image Editors: 1
Technicalities people aka Hackers: 1
Editors: 1
Proofreaders: 2(?)

Last update: December 05, 2014.

Prologue:  0257/1626 lines Translated, 0035/1637 lines TLCed, Rest are pending.

Himari:      0000/0732 lines Translated, Rest are pending.

Rina:          0917/0917 lines Translated, Rest are pending.

Yuzuyu:    0000/0751 lines Translated, Rest are pending.

Misaki:      0006/0909 lines Translated, Rest are pending.

Total:        1180/4945 (24%)  lines Translated, 0035/4945 lines TLCed, Rest are pending

We are looking for 1/2 Translator(s) and 1 Translation Checker and 1 Editor to help with the project! Please read the details below as well as the Future Roadmap section before deciding!

Edit: A warm welcome to kleenexkun to our team! He's speeded up the project a lot! Please shower him with lots of thanks!

Translator: Some amount of experience with Visual Novels preferred, but not needed. You also have to be committed to stick with us till the end.

Translation Checker: This is a very important role too. You must have a in-depth knowledge of the Japanese, including the little nuances and phrases. And you need to be committed to stick with us till the very end, as well.

Editor:  This is yet another important role. See, this is a moege where the dialog will be standard, or normal daily life conversations. But that kinda sounds boring right? So as an editor, it'll be your job to make the lines and conversation flow while coordinating closely with the TLC to ensure the nuance is preserved as much as possible. This means no memes, no editing-a-normal-guy-to-sound-like-a-delinquent. Please.

The level of Japanese in this VN is not very hard, but there are many comedy scenes, so it's not a walk-in-the-park.

Please leave a reply here or send me a PM with a link to your profile post on this forum (if you have made a post there with your profile) alongwith any additional details you want to mention. Hope to hear from you soon. :)

We warmly welcome SomeLoliCatgirl and JeMhUnTeR to our team! And many thanks to the technical people who expressed their will to help out too! We will be sure to contact you if needed!

Future Roadmap:

We plan to start work on the Fureraba Trial within the next couple of weeks. After that is released, we'll be sending a letter to SMEE, asking for their blessings in our endeavours, while obviously emphasizing the fact that we shall not profit monetarily from it in any way. However, if in the case we get a negative reply, saying that they don't want us to work on it, we shall most likely drop the project in order to respect the developers. I do hope you understand my sentiments on this matter, and the fact that the devs put in lots of effort to make every great Visual Novel. I want to respect them.

As for the project itself, we are all human-beings. All I can say is that we'll try our best to stay on track and not have things stalled much.

Number of lines: Our preliminary analysis shows the VN is about 3.3 MB of text, with ~48400 Lines.

Screenshots and system:

The system of this VN is a bit different from the other VNs I've read so far. Let me explain with screenshots:

lii3w3M.png

There is a Prologue part at the beginning, then the "Daily Life" part begins. Here, various events occur, and usually they are very funny and hilarious.

And usually the screen above is shown twice every day: once between classes, and another during lunch break. One can choose who to talk to. The text says: "Please select the heroine you'd like to approach".  There are some cases when the heroine being aimed for is not present. In that case, I just select the "Won't meet anyone" at the bottom.

Now, take for example, I want to talk to Rina. After clicking her picture, I can choose to talk to her about various topics. Her face shows her mood. Usually, it's much harder to read Yuzuyu's mood since she's tsun and all. At first, I need to select the topic:

l4Jxwtj.png

It has various choices like: "Hobbies II", "Love-related Things II", "Action" etc. Assume I click "Love-related Things II":

Ew5YLs7.png

Choice 1: "I think it'd be nice if we have a class/subject on Love-related matters"

Choice 2: "What should a guy do if he gets rejected by the girl he likes after confessing to her?"

Depending on the heroine, the topic, and how much you know her, the outcome will be "very good/good" (I am unsure if a "very good" actually exists, since I saw it only a couple of times in both Yuzuyu and Rina routes) or "okay" or "bad". 

Apart from that, the events in the common route are mainly light-hearted and hilarious, and some very interesting takes on the things we find around us. A nice example of comedy:

fY6j5iZ.png

He's their Homeroom teacher, and well, he is seen "fighting" other students with brooms and dustpans during compulsory cleaning of the school. He even names his attack "Dustpan retort". These scenes are really funny and provide much stress-relief.

Last, but not the least, the girls. Each have their own characteristics and pasts, and every single one is likeable, in my opinion.

TmjpwFk.png

My favourite girl so far. :3 It's one of her many different facial expressions, haha.

bzSdg7V.png

Yuzuyu's cute too!

Anyway, the VN is overall very light-hearted and warm. It'd be great if VN fans across the world can read and enjoy it. :)

I'll add more screenshots of the other girls in future.

What to expect before/while reading the VN:

Let me be very clear from the beginning: If you're looking for a solid plot, you're most likely looking at the wrong place, I'm afraid. This is, as Clephas aptly puts it, a moege. It is slice-of-life.

Then why should you read this?

• Good interaction development.
  • Different kind of interaction system (see the above screenshots).
  • Relaxing and comedic atmosphere.
  • Slice-of-life.
  • And more!

To me, it is a great way to unwind after a long day, when I don't feel like reading anything heavy or dark, just something light-hearted to help cheer me up or enable me to relax.

Opening Movie:

I personally really love the song. <3

EDIT: Currently looking for the following people:

a) 1 Translator

B) 1 Translator who has experience in Translating H-scenes

c) 1 Editor.

Please scroll up for the requirements. Thanks!

We warmly welcome SomeLoliCatgirl to the team! Main post updated.

Many thanks to the technical people who expressed interest and put in effort for us! We'll be sure to contact you if we run into a wall. :) Thanks again.

Now for a brief intermission.

Heya! Nice project. So I'm assuming you're the leader?

The VN looks nice, so I guess I could work as your main image editor. I'm currently part of Koiken Otome, so that takes priority. But once you get all the images extracted, I could start working on them right away (provided that I could slack off on Koiken and there's really nothing much to do).

I can also help with video work, in case you need to typeset/translate stuff from the OP or ED.

PS:

What's that tool you use for reading VN scripts?

JeMhUnTeR: Yes.

I sent you a PM. Please check that. ^^

As for that Tool, I use ITH + Translation Aggregator + Jparser/Mecab as explained in this awesome guide by Clephas:

http://clephasstomach.blogspot.in/2012/11/playing-vns-with-translation-aggregator.html

It really saves the day for me, every time. ^_^

Yes35: We don't need an editor immediately, but I believe we might in future.

As for the finishing question, it all depends on many factors, some of which are beyond your or my control. But I am starting this with the intention of finishing it, that much I can assure. I'll clarify it more when I publish our roadmap in a few days.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest loppez

However, if in the case we get a negative reply, saying that they don't want us to work on it, we shall most likely drop the project in order to respect the developers.

in that case you can be damn sure, you will drop it. there is no way they will give you a permission. japanese developers never do that.  many have tried before, no success so far. 

I'm looking forward to this game very much and I'm very happy at somebody translate this game, Fureraba so very intressing out and i cant wait to play Fureraba in english.

I support you guys Of all my heart and i hope there dont dropp this game and finish it.

I Would be very sad Which that happend, so good luck finish translate this game

Best regards Novel21

Well uhm, I'd like to set aside that debate for now. :)

To those who are considering helping us out, please read the Roadmap carefully, and see if you can agree to putting in your time and effort. We're waiting!

Cool, I saw this earlier but couldn't play it because, well, Japanese. I'd love to help, but I don't really have much Japanese or hacking experience. So, if there's anything a native english speaker that can do to help, (since you don't seem to be looking for anyone but translators and checkers) all I can say is good luck! (Oh yeah, and I hope this gets the okay to be translated in the first place.) I'll always be willing to sacrifice time for things like this.

Novel21: Let's try and get the trial patch out first. :)

seventhfonist425: Thanks for your sentiments!

As for the project, translation work has begun at last! We're taking it a bit slow right now, and are still looking for Translators and a TLC, so if you're interested in helping out, please contact me! We're waiting for you. :)

Novel21, as in, ETA for trial patch? If that's the case, unfortunately, we have no idea. We want to take it steady even if it's a bit slow.

And if you're asking about the length of the trial, we need to do some calculations, and then let y'all know.

• 2 weeks later...