Katawa Shoujo

Akitak Uzu

So I just finished with Lilly's route and I got to say it has so many feels that its off the charts. I really like the VN so far so the next girl I'll try is Hanako. Something about shy and cute girls makes me want to really get into it lol.

Question,

What do you think of Lilly route and her as a character?

Lilly's route was probably the best one after Rin's. It was pretty well written (especially, it was well balanced) compared to other routes, and had a very touching romance story.

As a character, Lilly is also one of the most interesting ones, because there's some subtlety behind her "perfect well-mannered lady" appearance.

So, yeah, I'm a Rinfag and would say that only Rin's route stands out, but Lilly's was probably the best of the "normal" routes. As a character I would have prefered Hanako too but her route was just too rushed and lacked some crucial development.

My two favorites are probably either Lilly or Hanako. Both's scenarios were pretty good (Lilly's good ending... was much more touching than I expected) and Hanako's route always felt a bit "off", but in a good way, as in, "the writers intended it". And I might just be rambling now.

Also, this might just be me, but I have the feeling that all the art in the Lilly and Hanako routes are different from the art in the other routes. For example, I'm getting the feeling that Hisao looks older in the Lilly/Hanako routes, than he does in the Rin and Emi routes. 

Lilly's route was good, but I felt like Hisao had most of the acction in the story. The route felt more tied to the MC's disability than to Lilly's...

As far as heroines, I haven't played Rin or Shizune, but I really enjoyed Haneko's route. I had gone back to check out the bed ends...they are really tough to read lol

Also, this might just be me, but I have the feeling that all the art in the Lilly and Hanako routes are different from the art in the other routes. For example, I'm getting the feeling that Hisao looks older in the Lilly/Hanako routes, than he does in the Rin and Emi routes. 

Also, the art of Emi is completely different of the other girls >.>

Or is that also just me?

I still have to finish Rin's route, but for now I'd rate the routes from favorite to least favorite in this order :  Hanako/Shizune/Emi/Lilly/(not including Rin yet).  I still loved them all of course.  Lilly's route was pretty good, but I feel like I connected more with Hanako's and Emi's route, and Shizune really surprised me in how much I ended up liking her and I somehow find her very arousing. >_>;;

Well I'll be on Hanako's route tomarrow anyways but thanks for your feedback.

For me, Lilly reminds me of the type of lady I would meet because she is well-mannered and ladylike. I'm a romantic to be honest lol. I feel that I can connect with Hanako as well cause she reminds me of how you can be cast aside cause of your looks.

Well I'll be on Hanako's route tomarrow anyways but thanks for your feedback.

For me, Lilly reminds me of the type of lady I would meet because she is well-mannered and ladylike. I'm a romantic to be honest lol. I feel that I can connect with Hanako as well cause she reminds me of how you can be cast aside cause of your looks.

hmm... i don't think she's cast aside because of her looks, but i guess we'll talk about it when you finish her route~

by the way, have you finished other routes besides Lily?

hmm... i don't think she's cast aside because of her looks, but i guess we'll talk about it when you finish her route~

by the way, have you finished other routes besides Lily?

Not yet. I stop due to my profession but I'll start around tomarrow. For now, I need to catch up on some manga and anime.

i thought rins route tried to hard to force the idea that creativity stemms from inner turmoil. i mean theres truth to that but its not a valid blanket statement.

For a while I had the same sentiment, but by the end I realized her route was more about her finding her identity in the world. All in all, the problems she goes through are things that a lot of "artists" go through. I believe it's why the term artist's muse came about, creativity is great but once someone makes something people like, it gets harder and harder to please people. The "muse" is honestly a way in which an artist relieves stress and the like. I put artists in quotations because I don't really define art as one specific thing.

For Rin, cigarettes and Hisao were the "muses", the stress relievers. Until Hisao decided he wanted more than to be used as a tool to relieve stress.

Honestly this sort of thing is why I like this game, and vn's in general. I think the routes in this particular game are good because every character is flawed, and the creators push their flaws to the forefront. I don't mean the obvious flaws, but rather the flaws that everyone has but nobody wants to admit. To use the example from before, Lilly's route is more about Hisao's heart condition on the surface. True, but I noticed through out that route Lilly went from seeming almost as if she had no problems in the world to finally revealing she was just as flawed a person as Hisao.

For a while I had the same sentiment, but by the end I realized her route was more about her finding her identity in the world. All in all, the problems she goes through are things that a lot of "artists" go through. I believe it's why the term artist's muse came about, creativity is great but once someone makes something people like, it gets harder and harder to please people. The "muse" is honestly a way in which an artist relieves stress and the like. I put artists in quotations because I don't really define art as one specific thing.

For Rin, cigarettes and Hisao were the "muses", the stress relievers. Until Hisao decided he wanted more than to be used as a tool to relieve stress.

Honestly this sort of thing is why I like this game, and vn's in general. I think the routes in this particular game are good because every character is flawed, and the creators push their flaws to the forefront. I don't mean the obvious flaws, but rather the flaws that everyone has but nobody wants to admit. To use the example from before, Lilly's route is more about Hisao's heart condition on the surface. True, but I noticed through out that route Lilly went from seeming almost as if she had no problems in the world to finally revealing she was just as flawed a person as Hisao.

i get that i do but i also know that artists who go pro can often crank out stuff that others enjoy at amazing speed with out realying on a muse. i spent years trying to become an artist and i have more inner turmoil than i can use in a life time , i put in the effort and time yet can still not draw to a point that someone can say  "{i need you to draw this basic concept by this deadline" and actualy do it not only that but everything i draw i see major flaws in to the point where all these years later i still have no pride in my work. but it dosent casue me a identity crises . i guess what im saying is art isent about self identity the way they tried to portray it the art dosent make the artist the artist makes the art. gah now i cant even coherently make my point

I understand the sentiment. I never really take pride in my art either, but I think that is why I continue to make art. The need to prove to myself that I can make something I'am proud of keeps me making art. I think art in general is an expression of oneself, whether that art be pottery, theater, or a jazz band playing a show in a bar. In that sense I think it's a great tool to "discover yourself", whether or not that is considered an identity crisis is beyond me. I don't understand other people very well most of the time and have a hard time connecting with those people, which was what the main conflict was for Rin's route was, and that is something I relate to.

In my opinion, my order is Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Shizune>Rin. But really, different personalities will have different favorites. Each girl is different and appeals to different personality aspects. 

Are you... me?!

I just didn't like Rin very much for her personality, as I found her really cute and all. I know she had issues, and needed her art over Hisao and everything else, but it was painful anyway, seeing her reject him and treat him like a thing to get inspiration from. The end was good, though, but, overall, I didn't like it as much. 

Lilly was my favorite girl

And second favorite route.

While it was a route which any relationship problems and didn't make me feel uneasy. It was a comfy route, just watching a pure romantic story and it just felt really nice. 

Plus Lilly is like 95% my type of girl :P

So Lilly's route was the love birds route without much drama, and I loved it ^^

(Rin's disturbing route much more powerful and has more impact though)

I've brought this up a few times on IRC, but I'd say:

Rin was the best route. Shizune was my favorite girl. Lilly was my favorite route.

I totally dig refined/reliable/sweet characters, so I was happy with Lilly's character. The ending was quite hollywood, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. To be honest, I enjoyed all of the routes.There's criticisms to be made of all of them, but they all left a decent taste in my mouth.