solidbatman's New Years Giveaway Palooza!

solidbatman

I'm a pretty tame person, plus my memory is awful, so I picked something that happened rather recently.

Right before winter break, I had a huge book report due that was to be a huge part of my English grade for the semester. So, me being me, I totally forgot about it until the night before it was due and I was already in bed. The next morning, I happened to get to school about ten minutes before classes started so I wrote a full paper within the span of ten minutes all because I couldn't remember it was due and was too lazy to get up and write it.  

Ugh, this is my bane, I'm a good person you know? ;-;
Disregard everything the release date of a game I've been waiting for months. That is no shower, dinner or studying for my next day exam (no sleep either so I was TIRED as hell that day). Can't remember which game it was though. I didn't study that much for my exams but even I used 2-3 hours on it so I don't fail, except that day (that was back when I was in high school).
Yeah, nothing serious. As I said, I'm a good person (somewhat) :I

I'm a pretty irresponsible person in general, so I'm not sure what to use as an answer... Although I do remember that back in June when I went on a bit of a road trip, I had my laptop with me. Unfortunately, I didn't have it in a case or anything when I decided to put it on the seat next to me. One bump in the road later, I no longer had a working laptop, and everything on it (including some unfinished writing and multiple game saves) was lost. -_-

Bonus fact: that was the same laptop I had stepped on and cracked the screen just a year earlier. I was pretty irresponsible with my first laptop.

Alright I'm awake and i can write something now.

Most irresponsible thing I've done.. This was probably in 10th grade when i had a physics project with my friend and we completely slacked off on it all the way until the day before. And then i reminded him the presentation was due tomorrow. I invited him to my house and we only had 2 hours before the last bus would come (he had to go to his house by bus) and we just opened powerpoint and shoved random images all across it. Absolutely NO text (aside from some charts or images that had words on them). It was done in an hour aproximately. Then we threw information into a txt document for the "script" and printed 2 copies for us to read the next day.

I'll have you know we were the 2nd best project in the class :lol: for, and i quote my physics teacher, "simplicity and going straight to the point"

This story has a good outcome n but i thought it was going to be the craziest project i've ever done. I got half of the students mad at us because they spent so much time and effort into their projects and we had a better grade.

Also one time my parents told me to turn the computer off and go to bed. But i didn't do it.

u66UC5P.gif

If only this wasn't about me. My brother dropped from school a few years ago and kept my mother believing he still went for a whole year. He later told her and worked at a bakery for about a year.

He is now studying with no problems, he just changed universities since he didn't like the one he was in before.

In high school, my friends and I made a handful of trips to a nearby, abandoned TNT plant. A lot of crazyness to be had that I won't go into, but there was an instance where a security guard was probably less than 100 feet away, requiring us to dim our lights. We sat there for a good 2 to 3 very tense minutes just waiting for the guy to move on.

I'm very much a wet blanket, so the above and the related stories are pretty much the only irresponsible things I can draw from.

hmm, irreponsible thing that i've done...
and t's about, my assignment
yeah my time management  is suck T___T

always postpone my assignment to watch anime, (always 1 more episode, hoho)
yeah that's irreponsible for me
on some work group, i'm sometimes depend on my friend, hoho
it's shame on me

Handing in my assignments late this year because I was procrastinating (watching anime, playing games etc.) instead of doing them which resulted me in having to ask one of my professors to extend the deadline for all his assignments without any penalities. I'm still disappointed in myself for having to kind of lie to my prof that I was too busy to finish them on time when I was just prcrastinating..

I am currently attending a University and I have slowly been going to bed later and later and later till going to sleep at 4 am is now normal. I do not even do anything productive at that time. I usually am on Youtube or something stupid. I start any work I have to do at usually 11 pm. My sleep schedule is completely of the walls right now.   

Darn, I tend to try not to be irresponsible... of course it happens, but... hmm, the most, huh? Uhh, lots of irresponsible moments happen when I'm just sorta ignoring my other responsibilities.

Like, I had finals week in school this year, and I was thinking, "Y'know what, it may be beneficial to do some studying for [insert subject here]."

Then I come home, and I start playing Pokemon. "Ehh, I'll get to it LATER!" says the person who proceeds to play until time to sleep.
"Dammit... oh man, I made so much progress in Pokemon- I mean, FInals- I mean, oh man. Pikachu. Meh, it'll be okay."

Then I finals come up and all the in between time, I found myself playing Pokemon, Pokemon, and more Pokemon... (I did manage to slip in a bit of time for VNs, actually) still happening now, I can't believe it.

I don't think many of those instances, but this is definitely one of the really big ones.

Irresponsible? I consider myself pretty responsible, but if I have to say something, the first thing that come to mind is when I was little (I was 9~10 yrs old), we only had dial-up Internet, and it was rather expensive. I thought if I connected without anyone see, it would be okay to download some games. I ended up discovered when the bill arrived. After being scolded, I never connected without the permission of my parents.

That days almost without internet seems so unreal nowadays that I stay connected the whole time.

This time my reply doesn't have anything related to VNs, since I wasn't a otaku.

Days where I didn't give a damn to Japan and without internet. These were the so called "Dark Ages"?

On the last day of school I decided to have some fun with the printer. The general security for the network was ok but the protection on the printers was poor. I went into the settings and replaced the display message. Maybe no-one noticed and the message is still there... or they reset it or bought a new one.

It's hard to pinpoint one exact thing as "most irresponsible", but I do "forget" to do homework and such quite often.

but if I have to say one thing, it's skipping school just to play games (coincidentally, that was the day that I downloaded Fate/stay night and got hooked on VNs, thus further lowering my productivity).