Your Favorite Anime Movie

So I recently watched this video on youtube by DouchebagChocolat about his top 12 anime movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0_fJgB94Xk

I have my opinions about my top 3 favorite anime movies:

#3. Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works the Movie:

Just a little clip from the movie: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXBuaV5d-0c

All I can say about this movie: "why have you not watched this yet?!  It's Fate/Stay Night~!"

#2. Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo (Girl Who Lept Through Time):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HLfLNsOPr8

This movie was just great to me.  Its realistic and unrealistic adolescent humor, good story writing, and dramatical moments earn its place in my heart as just a great movie.

#1. Voices of a Distant Star

51VFTX9RA7L.jpg

This movie really holds a special place in my heart.  I've probably watched this thiry-minute short about 50 times already, and each and every single time I sit motionless, staring at the blank screen for as long as an hour after it's over.  This riveting tale of romance and the cruelty and inexorability of distance that is placed placed between our two main characters is just so amazing.  It's the inspiration behind my short story: "The Distance Between", and its poem counterpart.  If you don't watch this and cry your eyes out at least once, please consider getting yourself checked.   Enough said.  ^_^

So...I was wondering what are yours~?

I have a top 3 too myself. Well, not a top 3, but there are for the moment 3 anime movies I gave a 10/10.

First one is End of Evangelion. To keep it short, because this movie has incredibly powerful and meaningful scenes that wrecks your brain. Because it has some really godly animated scenes. And because it complements the series so well.

The two remaining ones are my two favorite Miyazaki movies, Mononoke Hime and Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa. What can I say? Ghibli-tier animation, excellent stories and characters, thought-provoking...

I'm not going to explain in detail what I think of those movies, overall they might have a flaw or two, but they compensate by raw quality and impact.

PS: I really love all 3 movies of your top 3~ 

I'm not a big fan of extreme stuff so don't expect much from me, i stick with relaxing stuff that put a smile on my face

This movie will always remain as my favorite, as part of my favorite SoL series of all time:

K-on! The Movie.

Regardless of what anyone says that thing made me cry at the end, I still am in search for any sort of anime that will make me feel as empty when it's over as that one did, that is why i have a place in my heart for it and I could re-watch it as many times as you can imagine possible.

5. ​The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya: Wasn't a fan of season 2, and though season 1 was okay, but this movie its simply great. 

4. Perfect Blue: Da fuq just happened? Oh Satoshi Kon movie. 

3. Paprika: It's like Inception, only more trippy. Again, Satoshi Kon

2. Metropolis: Really, the ending is what sets this otherwise decent movie apart from the others.

1. Millennium Actress: Just a wonderful journey through the life of one woman as told by the movies she made. Brilliantly done, and very family friendly. It's Satoshi Kon again. 

5. ​The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya: Wasn't a fan of season 2, and though season 1 was okay, but this movie its simply great. 

4. Perfect Blue: Da fuq just happened? Oh Satoshi Kon movie. 

3. Paprika: It's like Inception, only more trippy. Again, Satoshi Kon

2. Metropolis: Really, the ending is what sets this otherwise decent movie apart from the others.

1. Millennium Actress: Just a wonderful journey through the life of one woman as told by the movies she made. Brilliantly done, and very family friendly. It's Satoshi Kon again. 

I think you need to see Tokyo Godfathers and Paranoia Agent. Paprika is my favorite Kon work but those two are very good too. Satoshi Kon never made something that wasn't at least good. 

I'm not a big fan of extreme stuff so don't expect much from me, i stick with relaxing stuff that put a smile on my face

This movie will always remain as my favorite, as part of my favorite SoL series of all time:

K-on! The Movie.

Regardless of what anyone says that thing made me cry at the end, I still am in search for any sort of anime that will make me feel as empty when it's over as that one did, that is why i have a place in my heart for it and I could re-watch it as many times as you can imagine possible.

That series is one of my favorites and the K-On!! Movie is probably #4 on my list~!

kumo no mukou yakusoku no basho and Kotoha no niwa holds a special place in my heart 

If you don't watch this and cry your eyes out at least once, please consider getting yourself checked.   Enough said.  ^_^

whoo should check me out? (i really think it's a good movie but it's not cry worthy but kumo no muko yakusoku no basho is)

I love Voices of a Distant Star, it's amazing how compelling a 25 minutes movie can be, apart from that I really enjoyed Akira, Princess Mononoke, Perfect Blue and Ghost in the Shell, I actually prefer movies because I always lose interest in series before I finish.

I'm pretty sure the only anime movie I've watched is Grave of the Fireflies, and that was a long time ago so I don't remember most of it, although I remember it being good.

I've been meaning to watch this for age's but it's supposed to be really depressing, not that I dislike that sort of thing.

1) Ghost in the Shell (1995)

I probably don't really need to justify this choice, there's not much that really needs to be said about GitS. It's cool, stylish, and most importantly to me - gorgeous.

It has one of my favorite scenes in movie history, actually (and I watch a lot of movies):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2mXrndt1ZI&list=PLmyPTl0pOwPuGAZx0_b30y6xPU-jEHKYS

2) Cowboy Bebop the Movie: Knockin' on Heaven's Door (2001)

There's better choices for this spot in terms of stand alone quality. A good number of Miyazaki films stand out immediately as just a better movie, however sentimentality wins out for this one. Cowboy Bebop is my favorite anime and I've seen this film a good number of times.

Wake up, Spike:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owgu_DxlwVU

3) Interstella: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5sytem (2003)

I had to include this. Between just being a fan and Toonami Aftermath, I'm not sure just how many times I've seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOS9aOIXPEk

4) Akira (1988)

Another choice that's universally recognized and doesn't need anything said for it.

HZMTg4w.jpg

According to my MAL I've watched almost 30 anime movies, so I'll try to make a top 10.

1.  The Girl Who Leap Through Time (I've been listing this as my favorite anime movie ever since I saw it a couple of years ago, but by now I can barely remember anything so I think I'll have to rewatch it soon.)

2. Sword of the Stranger  (Thank you Eldin for reminding me of this, I really loved that movie.)

3. Grave of the Fireflies  (Them tears every time. This might actualy be worthy of the top spot on this list.  Incredible post-war drama.)

4. Mononoke Hime (Probably my favorite Studio Ghibli movie, I think it was also my first.)

5. Wolf Children (Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki) (A very touching movie, I think I want to watch it again soon.)

6. K-On the movie. (All the goodness of the series crammed into one feel-good movie.  This film literaly put a smile on my face.)

7. The Garden of Words (Beautiful movie.  Sure the story is not incredibly original, but it still made me tear a bit the first times I watched it.  Makoto Shinkai's animation is especialy gorgeous on a large HDTV.)

8. Summer Wars (and I now realise I have three Hosoda Mamoru films on my list)

9. Akira (I mostly watch it out of nostalgia nowadays, but still enjoy it.  Still one of the best soundtracks from anything ever.)

10. Berserk Golden Age Arc III : Descent (One of best, most important parts of the manga series, done much better than the original anime series IMO.)

I got the GitS movie on tape during my teens(along with Ninja Scroll, those two seemed really popular back then) but for some reason it didn't really hook me as much as I expected from the hype.  I enjoyed Stand Alone Complex a lot more though.