Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
ChaosRaven

Getchu Bishoujo Game Awards 2018 are out

Recommended Posts

So Getchu's Bishoujo Game Awards 2018 are out and the glorious winner is: Summer Pockets! Congratulations to Key. 8)

It follows a list of the twenty best VN's of the contest:

1.) Summer Pockets by Key

37552.jpg

(Also winner of Scenario, Music and Movie awards)

2.) Rance 10 by Alice Soft

33706.jpg

(Also winner of System award)

3.) Riddle Joker by Yuzusoft

34056.jpg

(Also winner of graphics and character awards with Arihara Nanami)

4.) Nukige Mitai na Shima ni Sunderu Watashi wa Dou Surya Ii Desu ka? by Qruppo

35414.jpg

5.) Amazing Grace - What color is your attribute? by Cabbage Soft

37694.jpg

6.) Fuukan no Grasesta by Eushully

35450.jpg

7.) Love x Holic ~Miwaku no Otome to Hakudaku Kankei~ by Atelier Kaguya Bare & Bunny

NSFW

(Also winner of Ero award)

8.) Mirai Radio to Jinkou-bato by Laplacian

36537.jpg

9.) Motto! Haramase! Honoo no Oppai Isekai Ero Mahou Gakuen! by Milk Factory

NSFW

10.) Sora ni Kizanda Parallelogram by Uguisu Kagura

37945.jpg

11.) Trinoline: Genesis by Minori

34776.jpg

12.) Deatte 5-fun wa Ore no Mono! Jikan Teishi to Atropos by Hulotte

37698.jpg

13.) Onee-chan no Yuuwaku by Hibiki Works

34400.jpg

14.) Raspberry Cube by Madosoft

37693.jpg

15.) Kari Gurashi Ren'ai by Asa Project

33787.jpg

16.) 9 -Nine- Sorairo Sorauta Soranooto by Palette

34357.jpg

17.) Deep One by Nameless

35439.jpg

18.) Kotonoha Maichiru Natsu no Koe by Silky's Plus Dolce

37696.jpg

19.) Kuroinu 2 ~In'yoku ni Somaru Haitoku no Miyako, Futatabi~ by Liquid

NSFW

20.) Erewhon by Clock Up

NSFW

I'm honestly speechless - I've never seen 6 nukiges in the top 20 before. :blink:

Summer Pockets' copy & paste of Island will also hardly win an innovation price with the two most overused tropes in eroge history - school life and time travel.
And most of the other stuff also looks pretty generic. Even a few simple fan discs made it in.

IMHO, only Mirai Radio to Jinkou-bato and Deep One look somewhat interesting. Not even the Eushully title looks particular appealing this time.

While Yuzusoft's Riddle Joker couldn't win the award this time, they're still the top seller according to Getchu's sales ranking 2018.

Overall, 2018 seems to have been a rather weak year for visual novels. <_<

Edited by ChaosRaven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Extremely surprised to see Deep One on this list especially after the fiasco the episodic shit caused. Other than that, pretty much what I expected from this list. Glad to see a Lucle game getting into the top 10 and still bewildered at how people still enjoy Yuzusoft's mediocrity. 

Also, >NukiTashi being called a nukige omegalul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Also, >NukiTashi being called a nukige omegalul

It's actually hard to think anything else after reading the synopsis: :blink:

Quote

Seiran Island is a paradise where perverted sex is permitted by law. The transfer student Junnosuke is a proud virgin that steadfastly values chastity. He believes that there should be no sex without love, counter to the rules imposed on the island residents. However, those who do not have sex are subject to immediate arrest, fellatio and intercourse! Will he and his friends be able to escape the clutches of the student council and disciplinary committee, known as the ‘SS’? Their battle to keep their virginity begins!

And I honestly don't think I'd even want to read a 'story VN' with such a plot.

Edited by ChaosRaven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChaosRaven said:

It's actually hard to think anything else after reading the synopsis: :blink:

 

Indeed, the premise is set up to make it look like a nukige. It isn't one so far as I understand, but I am sure there are those who can better explain it, as I've certainly not played it before.
Also, puns. Plenty of puns and jokes, I've been told.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Indeed, the premise is set up to make it look like a nukige. It isn't one so far as I understand, but I am sure there are those who can better explain it, as I've certainly not played it before.
Also, puns. Plenty of puns and jokes, I've been told.

I guess it's a parody about nukiges then. Though, considering I'm absolutely no fan of comedy VN's and even less of naughty ones, I'd probably even prefer to read a real nukige instead. :P

Edited by ChaosRaven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nukitashi gave me headaches even after I finished it.  It was sort of funny at first, but I had to force myself to finish it...

I'm kind of surprised that Haru to Yuki didn't make it on there.  I'm even more surprised that Love Holic and Kari Gurashi did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Clephas said:

I'm kind of surprised that Haru to Yuki didn't make it on there.  I'm even more surprised that Love Holic and Kari Gurashi did.

I also expected Koihime - it might not have been perfect, but it was certainly better than a lot of its competitors. :sleep:

And Love Holic winning the Ero ward is a joke, I even tried that since it's an Atelier Kaguya title and it was the first Choco Chip title I dropped in the middle because it was so bad.

Edited by ChaosRaven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

Summer Pockets' copy & paste of Island will also hardly win an innovation price with the two most overused tropes in eroge history - school life and time travel.

the fuck you smoking???

Edited by Kiriririri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

the fuck you smoking???

You might consider school life moege with some time loop innovative - I do not.

I'm okay with time travel if it's done on a more scientific base like in Stein's Gate, but that's usually not the case.

My Key fanboy times are long over - though my interest could get rejuvenated if they tried something like Rewrite again. But Summer Pockets certainly doesn't look like that.

Edited by ChaosRaven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

You might consider school life moege with some time loop innovative - I do not.

I'm okay with time travel if it's done on a more scientific base like in Stein's Gate, but that's usually not the case.

My Key fanboy times are long over - though my interest could get rejuvenated if they tried something like Rewrite again. But Summer Pockets certainly doesn't look like that.

As far as I'm aware, Summer Pockets is in no way like Island. I believe that is why Kiririri is surprised.
Once again, however, I have not played it. I've only seen opinions on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

As far as I'm aware, Summer Pockets is in no way like Island. I believe that is why Kiririri is surprised.
Once again, however, I have not played it. I've only seen opinions on it.

I might be reading to much in the 'Island' and 'Time Travel' themes both VN's seem to have. Maybe I was a bit unfair here. In the last few years almost every school life VN I read was a boring snore fest, and now I feel so burned out from them that I tend to react a bit allergic to them. :amane:

I guess it would help to read an actual 'good' nakige again. But the ones I'm actually interested in like Hatsusaku, Tsuriotsu or White Album 2 are all still untranslated.

Edited by ChaosRaven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

I might be reading to much in the 'Island' and 'Time Travel' themes both VN's seem to have. Maybe I was a bit unfair here. In the last few years almost every school life VN I read was a boring snore fest, and now I feel so burned out from them that I tend to react a bit allergic to them. :amane:

But it is not even school life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...