Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

I'm fairly hopeful about the future games. Majikoi S was a test run to see if the fans would prefer a more hentai-focused route, but since the feedback was negative (Or less positive, anyway.), they might go back to a more story-focused approach.

Well, to be honest, Sayaka's route was just too short to have much of either. Then again maybe it is the exception, as I haven't been able to play the others yet (my Japanese is not yet at that level :P).

Guest Abyssal

Sayaka's route was indeed short, but it felt alot closer to the original game then Majikoi S. I hope Benkei's route will be similar, but hopefully longer.

Meh, as far as A goes I'm not hoping for too much story-wise after having played Sayaka. It was just quite short overall.

Also, it's probably faster to learn Japanese then to wait for A-5 to get translated :P.

I started learning after the Majikoi Translation begun. While I cannot read at 100% understanding I can most definitely read enough to enjoy. You WILL learn japanese before Majikoi 5 is translated even if you start 4 years from now.

I started learning after the Majikoi Translation begun. While I cannot read at 100% understanding I can most definitely read enough to enjoy. You WILL learn japanese before Majikoi 5 is translated even if you start 4 years from now.

Yeah, I've actually started to learn Japanese after discovering that Miyako's route was still only translated for a bit. I started out the game not knowing it was a WIP (it was only the 2nd VN I've ever played).

I already knew some words from anime, but I've found the language not so hard to learn. The hardest part is of course Kanji, but I've got a good site for learning that as well.

Yeah, I've actually started to learn Japanese after discovering that Miyako's route was still only translated for a bit. I started out the game not knowing it was a WIP (it was only the 2nd VN I've ever played).

I already knew some words from anime, but I've found the language not so hard to learn. The hardest part is of course Kanji, but I've got a good site for learning that as well.

Sharing is caring. So show us you care and share that site.

Flash cards. I have over 400 kanji with minimum effort just from playing with flashcards. I did not put in serious effort. Making your own of any useful quality in a good quantity takes too long so I bought these from Amazon. Somehow when you work with good looking cards you feel more motivated.

Also reading even if you cant understand. The voiced scenes in Vns help alot. I learn the kanji for all perverted things and stuff like order world and such from just reading. If you know what the word is but not the kanji for it when characters read it you pick it up like mad. For example you may not know the kanji for tongue but you know the word. When a character pronounces 舌 as "shita" you will almost immediately learn it.

I know you did not ask me but I could not help myself. >_<

Flash cards. I have over 400 kanji with minimum effort just from playing with flashcards. I did not put in serious effort. Making your own of any useful quality in a good quantity takes too long so I bought these from Amazon. Somehow when you work with good looking cards you feel more motivated.

Also reading even if you cant understand. The voiced scenes in Vns help alot. I learn the kanji for all perverted things and stuff like order world and such from just reading. If you know what the word is but not the kanji for it when characters read it you pick it up like mad. For example you may not know the kanji for tongue but you know the word. When a character pronounces 舌 as "shita" you will almost immediately learn it.

I know you did not ask me but I could not help myself. >_<

You have just introduced me to a dangerous market... flash cards already incoming to help speed up my Japanese language education

I use wanikani.com for kanji and textfugu.com for general grammar and stuff. Both are not free, but I found it works very well so I don't mind having to pay something for it. They are also created by the same people, and if you have a premium (paid) textfugu account you get 50% off wanikani.

You have just introduced me to a dangerous market... flash cards already incoming to help speed up my Japanese language education

If you want to use flashcards, I recommend using anki. Just google it. It has a spaced repetition system based on you honestly saying you got a question right, wrong, if it was hard or easy. Also IMO it is a lot more convenient to do it digitally than having to actually make cards.

If you want to use flashcards, I recommend using anki. Just google it. It has a spaced repetition system based on you honestly saying you got a question right, wrong, if it was hard or easy. Also IMO it is a lot more convenient to do it digitally than having to actually make cards.

I love anki too. I only use real flashcards because I like the feel and because sometimes it can be hard to find a decent deck in anki. And lets not even talk about stroke order.

i know about Anki, i use it, however i prefer physical copies of things, as i can use them when i'm out (i'm a high school student). Also i'm someone who prefers using less technologically based stuff if possible (i hate e-readers with a burning passion, only use them for fan translated light novels).

And lets not even talk about stroke order.

Amen to that. Anyway, learning to write kanji is quite useless. As long as you can type it, why even bother knowing how to write? Not like you'd want to write letters in Japanese anytime soon, right?

Apparently even Japanese people in present time are collectively forgetting how to write kanji, because the opportunity presents itself so rarely. It's called "kanji-" or "character amnesia".

Also about finding good decks, I get all my decks from textfugu.com so I don't have to worry about that. Mostly for vocab, although it was also my main means of learning kanji before I learned of Wanikani.

Amen to that. Anyway, learning to write kanji is quite useless. As long as you can type it, why even bother knowing how to write? Not like you'd want to write letters in Japanese anytime soon, right?

Apparently even Japanese people in present time are collectively forgetting how to write kanji, because the opportunity presents itself so rarely. It's called "kanji-" or "character amnesia".

Also about finding good decks, I get all my decks from textfugu.com so I don't have to worry about that. Mostly for vocab, although it was also my main means of learning kanji before I learned of Wanikani.

True. I mostly learn the stroke order because it helps me remember the overall character more easily and because I want the "full" japanese proficiency when and if the time comes.

Soo I wanted to start learning Japanese since some time ago, but I am quite poor, any recommendations on how I should start?

I am not bad in understanding easy Japanese by ear since I watch a lot of anime so the main focus would be starting to learn reading.

Any help would be appreciated.

Soo I wanted to start learning Japanese since some time ago, but I am quite poor, any recommendations on how I should start?

I am not bad in understanding easy Japanese by ear since I watch a lot of anime so the main focus would be starting to learn reading.

Any help would be appreciated.

How poor are you exactly? At textfugu.com you can get full access for either $20 a month or $99 for a lifetime. If you've got some money to spare even then, I suggest taking a look at wanikani.com for kanji and kanji related vocabulary. If you have a premium textfugu account you get 50% off wanikani, which would make it $50 a year.

By the way, the first few chapters of textfugu are free for all, so you can try it out before making a decision. First few levels of wanikani are free as well.

How poor are you exactly? At textfugu.com you can get full access for either $20 a month or $99 for a lifetime. If you've got some money to spare even then, I suggest taking a look at wanikani.com for kanji and kanji related vocabulary. If you have a premium textfugu account you get 50% off wanikani, which would make it $50 a year.

By the way, the first few chapters of textfugu are free for all, so you can try it out before making a decision. First few levels of wanikani are free as well.

Well I pretty much have no money to spend :/

But I´ll look into it, if it seems good I might be able to do it some way.