Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

Before I go off to work I´ll just quickly add my two cents about Grisaia.

I personally liked Sachi´s route best, simply because it´s by far the least straining to one´s psyche. Though I should add that the bad end feels like an insult to the player.

That would be my one and only problem with Grisaia no Kajitsu. The bad endings are really fucking bad. Sometimes plainly insulting.

Anyways I´m off.

I found all of their h-scenes were funny and sexy. The first h-scene with Yumiko in particular is pretty hilarious and the second and third ones are pretty funny too. I didn't find the last one particularly funny, just a typical sex scene, ya know? Amane's were all bittersweet in hindsight, but at the time, I laughed my ass off at her attempts at dirty talk. Especially when she revealed she got it all from a magazine.

And her trying not to say dick but cock instead is pretty funny to me too.

No spoilers or anything, but are all the others like that? I think it'll be pretty fun if so.

Well, when it comes to Makina, I expect that she called nearly every day after she left if you really think about it. Probably giving an insightful recap of 'Tunafish Man' occasionally.

Fate/Stay Night Fate Route Spoilers and Kazuko's Majikoi Route below.

I think the thing that the fourteenth day had made the ending bittersweet overall. The fact that Artura's entire purpose was to get a grail that ended up being something that's inherently evil made me think back to Kazuko losing at the tournament in her route. Sad shit, man.

It's not that bad, was expecting worse, but I think I might've thought it was a little bit more bittersweet if I hadn't been able to steel myself beforehand.

Spoilermania right now.

Unfortunatly i believe not all h-scens are that funny.

Recap of what i remember. I won't go into details tough.

Makina, only one where i think the h-scenes don't fit i think her story would be better without them.

Also her bad ending is a really really bad ending (for the sake of your nightrest dont watch it, and if you do watch it in the morning after breakfast)

Sachi, these where pretty funny but amane's and yumiko's where funnier.

That and her route is basically the only normal route for the most part.

Miciruciru, Same deal as Sacchi.

Hm... maybe the fact that the bad endings are so bad is more of a push for you to go for a good ending always? I do know that sometimes a bad ending can give more story, but Grisaia seems to be a VN that's supposed to be giving lessons about life and how to deal with problems of people who are close to you. So in real life you always strive to get that mythical 'happy ending' that may or may not exist, which I think you're supposed to do.

And if you're trying to get a bad ending just to see it and you don't make a legitimate mistake, which I assume is what most people do, I assume that's the developer going

'Well. Fuck you, then. You'll get what you asked for, then.'

Although I haven't played them, so I don't know if I'm just spewing bullshit.

And regards to Makina, I don't think I can play her route. I really love Makina as a character, but she's too much of a little sister/daughter figure for me to get past that. I don't really want to fuck her, I just kinda want to give her a cup of tea and a hug. I find it funny when she tries to act like an adult, putting her in the same place as Yumiko, Sachi, Michiru, or Amane is odd for me.

Surprised they didn't give a JB or Chizuru route, though. Wonder if they're routes in the sequels.

Hm... maybe the fact that the bad endings are so bad is more of a push for you to go for a good ending always? I do know that sometimes a bad ending can give more story, but Grisaia seems to be a VN that's supposed to be giving lessons about life and how to deal with problems of people who are close to you. So in real life you always strive to get that mythical 'happy ending' that may or may not exist, which I think you're supposed to do.

And if you're trying to get a bad ending just to see it and you don't make a legitimate mistake, which I assume is what most people do, I assume that's the developer going

'Well. Fuck you, then. You'll get what you asked for, then.'

Although I haven't played them, so I don't know if I'm just spewing bullshit.

And regards to Makina, I don't think I can play her route. I really love Makina as a character, but she's too much of a little sister/daughter figure for me to get past that. I don't really want to fuck her, I just kinda want to give her a cup of tea and a hug. I find it funny when she tries to act like an adult, putting her in the same place as Yumiko, Sachi, Michiru, or Amane is odd for me.

Surprised they didn't give a JB or Chizuru route, though. Wonder if they're routes in the sequels.

spoilers alert. can't answer this without a bit of spoilers but i will not go into details.

Makina's route is definitly worth playing it is a good route but i can definitly see your point.

The H scene's in her route felt like they where there for the sake of being there and unlike yumiko, Amane, Sachi and miciruciru they don't add anything to the story.

Wich means you can safaly skip them. That is if you are going for the good ending. They become part of the story in the bad ending and not in a good way.

As for JB and Chizuru, i believe they get their time in the sequels at some point.

Hope they will get translated.

spoilers alert. can't answer this without a bit of spoilers but i will not go into details.

Makina's route is definitly worth playing it is a good route but i can definitly see your point.

The H scene's in her route felt like they where there for the sake of being there and unlike yumiko, Amane, Sachi and miciruciru they don't add anything to the story.

Wich means you can safaly skip them. That is if you are going for the good ending. They become part of the story in the bad ending and not in a good way.

As for JB and Chizuru, i believe they get their time in the sequels at some point.

Hope they will get translated.

...That's... hm... I really hope that's not what I think it means. And if it is, I'm staying away from that bad ending.

I probably will give in and play it at one point for completion's sake, but it might be a bit odd. It's more cute to just read her bad japanese and watch Amane scold her for trying to be a slut/trying to be like Yuuji.

Also, I haven't played it, but I assume Michiru's thing is that she either has mood swings or is bipolar. And if she is bipolar, I'm very surprised. When I was getting to that point when doing Yumiko's route, I was at the point of disliking the character, thinking they were trying to make the character's quirks part of her charm, but wasn't hitting home. Have to give them props for that, if bipolar disorder is her 'deal', it makes her incredibly interesting.

...That's... hm... I really hope that's not what I think it means. And if it is, I'm staying away from that bad ending.

I probably will give in and play it at one point for completion's sake, but it might be a bit odd. It's more cute to just read her bad japanese and watch Amane scold her for trying to be a slut/trying to be like Yuuji.

Also, I haven't played it, but I assume Michiru's thing is that she either has mood swings or is bipolar. And if she is bipolar, I'm very surprised. When I was getting to that point when doing Yumiko's route, I was at the point of disliking the character, thinking they were trying to make the character's quirks part of her charm, but wasn't hitting home. Have to give them props for that, if bipolar disorder is her 'deal'

She is much more than bipolar and i will admit her route suprized me as well.

I won't say i really like her character but her story was really good.

And the ending was very sweet as well.

If a tab bit wierd, but in a good way.

Unfortunatly she stays excactly the way she is in the common route for the first half of her route because that is the only route in wich Yuji seems to have a brain failure

And MAJOR BAD ENDING SPOILER ALERT

Yes that means exactly what you are thinking.

She is much more than bipolar and i will admit her route suprized me as well.

I won't say i really like her character but her story was really good.

And the ending was very sweet as well.

If a tab bit wierd, but in a good way.

Unfortunatly she stays excactly the way she is in the common route for the first half of her route because that is the only route in wich Yuji seems to have a brain failure

And MAJOR BAD ENDING SPOILER ALERT

Yes that means exactly what you are thinking.

I felt that Yuuji was going to have, as you say, brain failure for that route, since most people would identify that as either multiple personality disorder or whatever the case may be pretty much from the first interaction between them. But if Yuuji did, that route would be pretty short.

And if there's one thing I have to say can drag a bit in Grisaia is the explanation for each heroine's deep-rooted issues. They're always great, but they're sometimes so long and extensive that I lose a bit of interest near the end, and then they rein me back in when something profound happens. And they seem to follow a similar path in story too.

The Situation They're Going Through is Not Too Bad At First  - Something Went Wrong - Something Went Really Wrong - Something Good Happened - - Things Are Looking Up - Something Bad Happens - Dragging a Bit - 'Stinger' Moment 

Examples for Stinger Moment: Yumiko stabbing her classmate and the school being made for her, Amane finding out that Mr. Ochi and her captain were not only fucking but killing people and cutting up their bodies for food and had basically brainwashed the rest of the students

...Fuck me, man. Staying away from that route, then.

Does anyone who's read Grisaia feel that Miyako's route is going to turn out similar to Amane's? Happy and then bittersweet? It seems that the 'Girl Who Is Crushing On You' route turns out that way often times.

EDIT: Yumiko's route was actually surprisingly similar to Chris's when I think about it. They both run away from their Dad with the protagonist and they're both tsunderes that can't stand the protag at first and then fall in love with him due to prolonged exposure.

I felt that Yuuji was going to have, as you say, brain failure for that route, since most people would identify that as either multiple personality disorder or whatever the case may be pretty much from the first interaction between them. But if Yuuji did, that route would be pretty short.

And if there's one thing I have to say can drag a bit in Grisaia is the explanation for each heroine's deep-rooted issues. They're always great, but they're sometimes so long and extensive that I lose a bit of interest near the end, and then they rein me back in when something profound happens. And they seem to follow a similar path in story too.

The Situation They're Going Through is Not Too Bad At First  - Something Went Wrong - Something Went Really Wrong - Something Good Happened - - Things Are Looking Up - Something Bad Happens - Dragging a Bit - 'Stinger' Moment 

Examples for Stinger Moment: Yumiko stabbing her classmate and the school being made for her, Amane finding out that Mr. Ochi and her captain were not only fucking but killing people and cutting up their bodies for food and had basically brainwashed the rest of the students

...Fuck me, man. Staying away from that route, then.

Does anyone who's read Grisaia feel that Miyako's route is going to turn out similar to Amane's? Happy and then bittersweet? It seems that the 'Girl Who Is Crushing On You' route turns out that way often times.

EDIT: Yumiko's route was actually surprisingly similar to Chris's when I think about it. They both run away from their Dad with the protagonist and they're both tsunderes that can't stand the protag at first and then fall in love with him due to prolonged exposure.

Play makina's route it is worth the inapropiate H-scenes, just stay as far away from the bad ending as possible.

As for yuij brain failure, it is more his social skills failing miserably.

well it is to be expexted they where never good and he needs good social skills for both Miciruciru and sachi's routes and in both routes that is where he failes.

But his failure is understandable if you take his past into account.

Ow and for the long bits about thier failure you will be suprized about how short that part is for miciruciru.

As for Maijkoi, her route is not bittersweet i believe but i can't say for shure as it is not translated.

She just want's your genes and give herself to you.

Play makina's route it is worth the inapropiate H-scenes, just stay as far away from the bad ending as possible.

As for yuij brain failure, it is more his social skills failing miserably.

well it is to be expexted they where never good and he needs good social skills for both Miciruciru and sachi's routes and in both routes that is where he failes.

But his failure is understandable if you take his past into account.

Ow and for the long bits about thier failure you will be suprized about how short that part is for miciruciru.

As for Maijkoi, her route is not bittersweet i believe but i can't say for shure as it is not translated.

She just want's your genes and give herself to you.

Sorry, that's what I meant. Brain failure seems to happening to me now, as it is 4:20 AM and I seem to have not slept in nearly forty eight hours.

Oh well then that's not too bad.

Oooo. I'm excited for that route, then. Because Amane's was particularly long, probably took up about half of her route if I'm not mistaken.

Well, I'm hoping not. Hope it's all rainbows and sunshine. And Majikoi typically is more lighthearted than Grisaia, typically, so I don't think we'll get Amane's ending for Miyako, hopefully it won't have its sad content.

And do any of you ever have that thought for a split second of 'Hrm. Maybe I can write a VN' and then squash that thought like you're Master Hand in Super Smash Bros. ?

Sorry, that's what I meant. Brain failure seems to happening to me now, as it is 4:20 AM and I seem to have not slept in nearly forty eight hours.

Oh well then that's not too bad.

Oooo. I'm excited for that route, then. Because Amane's was particularly long, probably took up about half of her route if I'm not mistaken.

Well, I'm hoping not. Hope it's all rainbows and sunshine. And Majikoi typically is more lighthearted than Grisaia, typically, so I don't think we'll get Amane's ending for Miyako, hopefully it won't have its sad content.

And do any of you ever have that thought for a split second of 'Hrm. Maybe I can write a VN' and then squash that thought like you're Master Hand in Super Smash Bros. ?

never really thought that.

I have sometimes harboared murderous feelings towards the writers for ending something halfassed.

And why in gods name would you not sleep in 48 hours?

never really thought that.

I have sometimes harboared murderous feelings towards the writers for ending something halfassed.

And why in gods name would you not sleep in 48 hours?

Hm. Seems that is not nearly as common as I thought.

As a professional writer, I wish someone would harbor murderous feelings for me one day for my shortcomings. That's when you know you've made it big.

Eh, insomniac, work, vidya games, and Amane. All four seemed to have occupied my forty eight hours of non-sleep. And I don't foresee sleep until tonight, since I actually have a lot of work to do today. But eh. It's fine.

Hm. Seems that is not nearly as common as I thought.

As a professional writer, I wish someone would harbor murderous feelings for me one day for my shortcomings. That's when you know you've made it big.

Eh, insomniac, work, vidya games, and Amane. All four seemed to have occupied my forty eight hours of non-sleep. And I don't foresee sleep until tonight, since I actually have a lot of work to do today. But eh. It's fine.

Wait...... you are a professional writer....???

Well that is interesting.

And don't worry murdering someone is not worth my time.

I study chemistry tough so I will admit to suffering a little from the mad professor syndrome.

Wait...... you are a professional writer....???

Well that is interesting.

And don't worry murdering someone is not worth my time.

I study chemistry tough so I will admit to suffering a little from the mad professor syndrome.

Sometimes. I do love my work, but I don't get to fight ninjas and/or be the hero of my own story as often as I'd like to.

Oooh. Mad Professor Havoc has a ring to it. I could easily picture you being the protagonist from Steins;Gate. Sounds fun at any rate.

Sometimes. I do love my work, but I don't get to fight ninjas and/or be the hero of my own story as often as I'd like to.

Oooh. Mad Professor Havoc has a ring to it. I could easily picture you being the protagonist from Steins;Gate. Sounds fun at any rate.

it is, and while the study is anything but easy it is a lot of fun for the most part.

It also has got a lot of vatiety wich keeps it interesting.

Altough there is the occasional subject that is just one boring part after another.

But most of us who still study it are slightly mad and scatterbrained.

And strangly enough most of us know what the other needs even when all that is said can you get me that what we need for....

Wierd how that goes sometimes

Prime example of me being scatterbrained:

I actually managed to forget what a fork was called for nearly a week. Felt pretty stupid afterwards

And is loving your work not one of the best things to be able to do.

Once work becomes a chore there is not much fun left after all.

Edit: just noticed i posted the 1200 comment

it is, and while the study is anything but easy it is a lot of fun for the most part.

It also has got a lot of vatiety wich keeps it interesting.

Altough there is the occasional subject that is just one boring part after another.

But most of us who still study it are slightly mad and scatterbrained.

And strangly enough most of us know what the other needs even when all that is said can you get me that what we need for....

Wierd how that goes sometimes

Prime example of me being scatterbrained:

I actually managed to forget what a fork was called for nearly a week. Felt pretty stupid afterwards

And is loving your work not one of the best things to be able to do.

Once work becomes a chore there is not much fun left after all.

Edit: just noticed i posted the 1200 comment

Can't say I've forgotten what a fork was called, but I understand being a scatterbrain. I am one to a lesser extent than that, always used to get into trouble for forgetting things everywhere. It's not a great thing to have when you often times have meetings or need to travel all the time, but since I mainly work from home and I do most of my business dealings through phone, it seems I've picked the right vocation for myself.

I'd have to imagine there are some boring parts to chemistry, that's probably what kept me from pursuing a career in a field of science, while I've always been fascinated by science and interested by things like math, my brain isn't made for that kind of thing. I've always had more luck in history, english, etc.

Who's your favourite active writer? Mine would be Brandon Sanderson. The Stormlight Archive is really good so far (Just started the second book).

I actually haven't read The Way of Kings yet, but I do own it. It's sitting on my shelf in my office along with a bunch of other books I've wanted to get to but haven't had the time. Or... well, rather than not have the time, I keep preoccupying myself with other things.

I'd probably say... hm... I'd say Sam Sykes is pretty damn good. He's a pretty young author, wrote The Aeon's Gate trilogy. Really enjoyed that series, a great read for fantasy lovers.

And, while I know he's everyone's favorite modern author, I do love my George R.R. Martin. Dark fantasy and science fiction are my favorite genres, pretty much the only things I've written, and Game of Thrones is dark fantasy to a fine point.

I actually haven't read The Way of Kings yet, but I do own it. It's sitting on my shelf in my office along with a bunch of other books I've wanted to get to but haven't had the time. Or... well, rather than not have the time, I keep preoccupying myself with other things.

I'd probably say... hm... I'd say Sam Sykes is pretty damn good. He's a pretty young author, wrote The Aeon's Gate trilogy. Really enjoyed that series, a great read for fantasy lovers.

And, while I know he's everyone's favorite modern author, I do love my George R.R. Martin. Dark fantasy and science fiction are my favorite genres, pretty much the only things I've written, and Game of Thrones is dark fantasy to a fine point.

You really should read The Way of Kings. I've read all of Sanderson's other works, and it's the one I enjoyed the most. (Although Warbreaker is also pretty damn good, even if it's just 1 book.)

It presents some interesting new World ideas, and some of the characters are very, very enjoyable. Kaladin (And, by extension, Syl) and Galinar in particular. Not to mention there are the Sanderson-typical character twists, which I really enjoy.

I'll have to check up on Sam Sykes. I don't like to read mainstream books, so it's not that easy for me to find new authors. It's also the reason I won't read GoT.

You really should read The Way of Kings. I've read all of Sanderson's other works, and it's the one I enjoyed the most. (Although Warbreaker is also pretty damn good, even if it's just 1 book.)

It presents some interesting new World ideas, and some of the characters are very, very enjoyable. Kaladin (And, by extension, Syl), and Galinar in particular. Not to mention there are the Sanderson-typical character twists.

I'll have to check up on Sam Sykes. I don't like to read mainstream books, so it's not that easy for me to find new authors. It's also the reason I won't read GoT.

Hm. I've been waiting for an excuse to read it and I never really knew anyone who had even heard of Sanderson before. I might try and start it tomorrow if I get done with work early.

If I have any advice before you read his first book, since he's only written the trilogy so far, give him a bit of time to get used to it. He's only written poetry before, that becomes apparent with the first few chapters. He gets much more comfortable writing long prose as he gets further into the story. I think that's the reason why he doesn't have as much attention brought to his writing. 

I can understand not wanting to read mainstream books. I held off on reading Harry Potter for years because I thought it was overrated, then got pressured into it by an ex and hated every second of it (Sorry if there are Harry Potter fans out there who get offended by that. Not my cup of tea.) 

And James Enge is pretty decent too if you'd like another suggestion. Wrote The Wolf Age and that's one of my favorite books.

Hm. I've been waiting for an excuse to read it and I never really knew anyone who had even heard of Sanderson before. I might try and start it tomorrow if I get done with work early.

If I have any advice before you read his first book, since he's only written the trilogy so far, give him a bit of time to get used to it. He's only written poetry before, that becomes apparent with the first few chapters. He gets much more comfortable writing long prose as he gets further into the story. I think that's the reason why he doesn't have as much attention brought to his writing. 

I can understand not wanting to read mainstream books. I held off on reading Harry Potter for years because I thought it was overrated, then got pressured into it by an ex and hated every second of it (Sorry if there are Harry Potter fans out there who get offended by that. Not my cup of tea.) 

And James Enge is pretty decent too if you'd like another suggestion. Wrote The Wolf Age and that's one of my favorite books.

I quite liked harry potter, but i can also see why people dislike it. And while i do still like it i must say there are way better fantasy story's out there.

Just today i finally got around to watching castle in the sky. Great movie.... well it is Ghibli so ..... kind of expected that

Sounds great. You could also give Warbreaker a go if you like clever characters, as one of the main characters, Lightsong, is very, very clever. His conversations with Blushweaver are quite entertaining.

I'll try that when I finish with Words of Radiance. And more a poetic writing structure may turn out to be quite refreshing.

Does The Wolf Age involve a guy who is becoming a wolf or something along those lines? Because after The Wheel of Time (And some other book I don't remember the title of), I'm quite bored of that particular plot line.