Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

I had  done some research a few months back for the new PC that i'll be buying, I had come to the conclusion that a quadcore i5 would suit me the best as I hardly do any video editing if any at all. As for the gpu I never reached a conclusion and just decided that I'll put all the remaining money into the gpu. Since I won't be buying the PC for some more months, I left the reaserch of specific details for later.

Simple rule about video cards, more expensive is generally better for video cards.

Also nvidea video cards generally have better performance due to better drivers

You Kind of lost me there.

He already both a Maximus Vii hero motherboard which has a LGA 1150 socket, however you recommended an i5-3750k which is a LGA 1155 socket, hence not compatible. He can either buy the 4570k, 4690k, 4770k or the 4790k.

Simple rule about video cards, more expensive is generally better for video cards.

My budget is nearly 700 usd for a full PC, inluding monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc. So I guess not much money for the gpu. Still how much do you is minimum gpu needed for gaming pc to run nearly all games (maybe not at max setting but still atleast HD).

There was a time that that was true. Nowadays the drivers for each side are about the same, amd is better in some aspects and nvidia is better in other aspects, it comes down to what you want and what games you will play, the performance both in hardware and software is about the same on both sides in neutral applications.

My budget is nearly 700 usd for a full PC, inluding monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc. So I guess not much money for the gpu. Still how much do you is minimum gpu needed for gaming pc to run nearly all games (maybe not at max setting but still atleast HD).

If you want one that will last for a while i would suggest a gtx 660.

It is a lot cheaper than my 670 and still preforms quite well its main disatvantage compared to the 670 is that it is not suited for overclocking. (has nothing to do with the temp but with a different bottlenek)

The thing is i don't know what 700 usd would get you in america.

My pc excluding monitor mouse, keyboard was about 1400 euro wich is almost 1870 usd.

The thing is I live on holland and holland is expensive. An american is going to faint at the gas price here.

as for the specs of my pc here they are.

i5-3570k

asus gtx 670 4gb

16 gb ram

120gb ssd

1tb hdd (7200 rpm)

And i cant seem to remember my motherboard name.

P.S finalchaos why do you seem to be stuck on 3 posts? (i know you have made many more)

There was a time that that was true. Nowadays the drivers for each side are about the same, amd is better in some aspects and nvidia is better in other aspects, it comes down to what you want and what games you will play, the performance both in hardware and software is about the same on both sides in neutral applications.

So that is no longer true.

Ow well i am a nvidea fanboy and will propably stay that way. Never had anyproblems with thier gpu's

Where as the only amd gpu i ever had managed to fry itself and fry my motherboard in the process.

If you want one that will last for a while i would suggest a gtx 660.

It is a lot cheaper than my 670 and still preforms quite well its main disatvantage compared to the 670 is that it is not suited for overclocking. (has nothing to do with the temp but with a different bottlenek)

The thing is i don't know what 700 usd would get you in america.

My pc excluding monitor mouse, keyboard was about 1400 euro wich is almost 1870 usd.

The thing is I live on holland and holland is expensive. An american is going to faint at the gas price here.

as for the specs of my pc here they are.

i5-3570k

asus gtx 670 4gb

16 gb ram

120gb ssd

1tb hdd (7200 rpm)

And i cant seem to remember my motherboard name.

P.S finalchaos why do you seem to be stuck on 3 posts? (i know you have made many more)

Well I don't stay in US, I live in India which is a bit more expensive than US, I gave the budget in usd as it would be easier to compare.

Well I will mostly keep 8gb ram (will expand later if needed), 500gb hdd, ssd and i5 like yours and will check about the gpu. 

I just checked, gtx 670 costs nearly double than that of gtx 660. Well I'm sure I won't be able to buy 670, gtx 660 is somewhat costlier than what I had in mind.

About the post count, the no. of posts made in the games & chatter section are not counted. As you can see I have made only 3 posts in other sections.

So that is no longer true.

Ow well i am a nvidea fanboy and will propably stay that way. Never had anyproblems with thier gpu's

Where as the only amd gpu i ever had managed to fry itself and fry my motherboard in the process.

There was a generation that messed up in the then ATI, same as nvidia with their 500 series. Both had their bad generations. Nvidia does better scaling in multi gpu mode and runs cooler, AMD does better multi monitor setups and is cheaper. That's why it's all down to the games you want to play and what features you want to get, since they are so close to each other.

There was a generation that messed up in the then ATI, same as nvidia with their 500 series. Both had their bad generations. Nvidia does better scaling in multi gpu mode and runs cooler, AMD does better multi monitor setups and is cheaper. That's why it's all down to the games you want to play and what features you want to get, since they are so close to each other.

True enough but them is a factor when buying it has to do with how far you can overclock afteral.

But i will admit to being a nvidea fanboy a bit.

And personally i would not consider amd because you generally have to buy a amd pc for that and i prefer intel cpu over amd.

This one also has to do with temperature.

And temparature has an effect on life spam.

But i will admit to personally considering amd inferior over nvidea and intel.

And that is personal i know amd is not bad and it is generally a lot wallet warrior friendly.

Random note, have a laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5dLevTRF-0

True enough but them is a factor when buying it has to do with how far you can overclock afteral.

But i will admit to being a nvidea fanboy a bit.

And personally i would not consider amd because you generally have to buy a amd pc for that and i prefer intel cpu over amd.

This one also has to do with temperature.

And temparature has an effect on life spam.

But i will admit to personally considering amd inferior over nvidea and intel.

And that is personal i know amd is not bad and it is generally a lot wallet warrior friendly.

Random note, have a laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5dLevTRF-0

You made a wrong point there there is no synergy whatsoever between an AMD CPU and an AMD GPU, it has the same performance in both AMD and Intel CPUs. So if you buy an AMD GPU it doesn't matter what CPU you will get, the performance will be the same unless the CU is weak enough to bottleneck the GPU.

What CPU do you have?

I decided on the Maximus VII Hero, and bought it, along with a new PC case, earlier. Tomorrow I'll buy the power supply I need, and that leaves me with about 2000DDK. To put that into perspective, the Maximus cost me around 1100DDK.

Now, I have two options. Either I could spend the rest on an i7-4770k CPU, which costs exactly 2000DDK, OR I could wait indefinitely until I get money for a top-tier CPU or GPU.

I don't have money for any decent GPU, but I'm wondering if the i7-4770k is even worth it. Currently I have a i5-2500k. What do you think? Is it worth spending the money on the i7-4770k, or should I wait until I get money for something better? I just want something that can perform good and I won't have to worry about for a long time.

What CPU do you have?

I decided on the Maximus VII Hero, and bought it, along with a new PC case, earlier. Tomorrow I'll buy the power supply I need, and that leaves me with about 2000DDK. To put that into perspective, the Maximus cost me around 1100DDK.

Now, I have two options. Either I could spend the rest on an i7-4770k CPU, which costs exactly 2000DDK, OR I could wait indefinitely until I get money for a top-tier CPU or GPU.

I don't have money for any decent GPU, but I'm wondering if the i7-4770k is even worth it. Currently I have a i5-2500k. What do you think? Is it worth spending the money on the i7-4770k, or should I wait until I get money for something better? I just want something that can perform good and I won't have to worry about for a long time.

It isn't, your current CPU has a LGA 1155 socket, the motherboard you bought has a LGA 1150 socket, so you can only use CPUs with that socket, namely CPUs based on the Haswell Architecture.

It isn't, your current CPU has a LGA 1155 socket, the motherboard you bought has a LGA 1150 socket, so you can only use CPUs with that socket, namely CPUs based on the Haswell Architecture.

Hmm, All right.

Well, I need 225 DDK for the i7 4790k (Which is a LGA 1150 socket), but my dad has said that he doesn't mind helping me out with it when he gets his salary on the 1st. Seems like I didn't even have a choice whether or not to buy a CPU, in the end.

Hmm, All right.

Well, I need 225 DDK for the i7 4790k (Which is a LGA 1150 socket), but my dad has said that he doesn't mind helping me out with it when he gets his salary on the 1st. Seems like I didn't even have a choice whether or not to buy a CPU, in the end.

seems like it.

Hmm, All right.

You just need to check if you will need a BIOS update for the 4790k, it was a Devil's Canyon release from Intel and most motherboards needed a BIOS update, but it is an improvement over the 4770k.

Hmm, All right.

I'm finally back... Yo, Ouraibaa, upgrading PC, heh?) It really doesn't matter actually whether you'll buy 4770k, 4790k or the same without "k" in the end. Last few years differences between CPUs are not such big. Besides, if you want it for gaming or working with graphics, i think it's better to buy powerful graphic card. I bought 4770 last year myself and it's worth it. Don't think too much about the case)

I'm finally back... Yo, Ouraibaa, upgrading PC, heh?) It really doesn't matter actually whether you'll buy 4770k, 4790k or the same without "k" in the end. Last few years differences between CPUs are not such big. Besides, if you want it for gaming or working with graphics, i think it's better to buy powerful graphic card. I bought 4770 last year myself and it's worth it. Don't think too much about the case)

If you want to overclock to get the most out of your CPU, both in performance and time, you have to have a K and the 4790k runs cooler than a 4770k, therefore it lasts longer.

Yo, Cro! Where you been?

And I want to buy GPU last (Or second last, if we count monitor). I know that CPU's don't matter too much, which is why I try to buy a good one that will last long. Won't have to worry about it in the future, in that case.

You just need to check if you will need a BIOS update for the 4790k, it was a Devil's Canyon release from Intel and most motherboards needed a BIOS update, but it is an improvement over the 4770k.

Yeah, heard about that. Noob question, though: Can I still update my motherboard BIOS without a working CPU?

Yo, Cro! Where you been?

And I want to buy GPU last (Or second last, if we count monitor). I know that CPU's don't matter too much, which is why I try to buy a good one that will last long. Won't have to worry about it in the future, in that case.

Yeah, heard about that. Noob question, though: Can I still update my motherboard BIOS without a working CPU?

I think so, but you need to flash it to a usb, but I have never done it before so you have to use google on this one.

Yo, Cro! Where you been?

On vacation, on vacation... As for "that will last long" thing... I guess it's needless to say that all last CPUs (especially i7) work pretty good in a distant future, so if you have money and choose between 4770 and 4790, just pick the one you like the most and enjoy)

the difference between a k model and a no k model is wenether the cpu is unlocked and you can actually fully overclock it.

So the difference is quite big.

Yeah, but not many people actually do that... Ot maybe i don't know something about Ouraibaa and he is actually pretty good in that) If that the case, buy with "k" of course.